PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: have you USED android yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Your a loser. And you haven't tried both... anyways.. you don't even have a Droid... you got a tp2.. lmaoo
You don't have a Droid either, so what's your point?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
Just because your friend chose the Droid over the Nexus One, doesn't mean it was the smartest decision. But you gotta stick to your facts man.... not what you "think", or what your friend "thinks", if you're going to argue.

As for the rest of you... rock on with posting your facts! I appreciate it.

On a side note. I hate Android phones, especially the Droid for the simple fact that Motorola must have been smoking crack for putting a DPAD on the Keyboard dock. FKING retarded. That ALONE would get me to not buy the phone, even if it was the most powerful smartphone in the world.
Salty keeps bringing up display because of 480 x 854 as opposed to 480 x 800, but one is amoled and one isn't. Salty hasn't even seen an amoled display but he feels like he can compare them. Being as i've seen them both side by side, I would pick n1 any day over moto droid, and i'm sure anybody reading this thread will too if they were looking at the phones side by side.
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Is his Droid stock or is it overclocked and running the latest OS?

You haven't played with both of them either.
correct i haven't played with an overclocked droid nor am i comparing that because the average user will not root their droid. Also the average user that does root their droid, still doesn't overclock their processor. Its funny he can't compare processors to whats actually on paper so he has to talk about overclocking to support his argument.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you're an idiot, i've played with the droid on numerous occasions plus i can just walk next door and try it out. Dragon stop arguing with him. arguing with him is only showing our stupidity. this fool hasn't even played with a n1 but yet he says its faster. I can walk into my co-workers office who has a droid and have him read salty's comments, he will just start laughing at the screen, making fun of you, and calling you names i can't write in this forum the droid is faster then the n1 , this dude is a joke.
True that Pslim. This Guy clearly states he's never used the phone but is saying shit like he has.... the internal memory part shows right there he's under educated.... its got a 16 gb memory card not internally.. Jesus, just ask your friend...
Old 02-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Salty keeps bringing up display because of 480 x 854 as opposed to 480 x 800, but one is amoled and one isn't. Salty hasn't even seen an amoled display but he feels like he can compare them. Being as i've seen them both side by side, I would pick n1 any day over moto droid, and i'm sure anybody reading this thread will too if they were looking at the phones side by side.
I would too.

I just think it's funny that you have to overclock the phone to make it have a better/faster processor than the N1, and for that reason he's saying the Droid is better. Amoled far outweighs the fact of 54 pixels.

I personally played with both of the phones side by side. N1 has a notable advantage in speed out of the box. The on screen keyboard on the N1 was also more comfortable because the keys were spaced comfortably in landscape, whereas the physical keyboard on the Droid is horribly crammed. Especially for a person with fat thumbs.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yup amoled rocks...

Quote:
correct i haven't played with an overclocked droid nor am i comparing that because the average user will not root their droid. Also the average user that does root their droid, still doesn't overclock their processor. Its funny he can't compare processors to whats actually on paper so he has to talk about overclocking to support his argument.
Yea whys he keep talking about overclocked.... not many people even do that.... Lmaooo and even then its not a stock/real comparison.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Uh, I did compare the processors on paper, lol. I said quite clearly that the TI OMAP does more per clock cycle and is a better processor than the qualcomms.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:26 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
I would too.

I just think it's funny that you have to overclock the phone to make it have a better/faster processor than the N1, and for that reason he's saying the Droid is better. Amoled far outweighs the fact of 54 pixels.

I personally played with both of the phones side by side. N1 has a notable advantage in speed out of the box. The on screen keyboard on the N1 was also more comfortable because the keys were spaced comfortably in landscape, whereas the physical keyboard on the Droid is horribly crammed. Especially for a person with fat thumbs.
Good man, you have no reason to be biased and your speaking out of a real experience, Thank you for your post...

This other moron will take 54 pixels unnoticed over amoled vs not...
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Uh, I did compare the processors on paper, lol. I said quite clearly that the TI OMAP does more per clock cycle and is a better processor than the qualcomms.
Just quit. Go play with your friend's Droid and get out of the TP2 forums pl0x.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Prove it.... show me proof dude... you can't, so shush
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2