PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

sugosugita is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile have you USED android yet??

OMG people if you haven't held an android phone in your hands and clicked through it for a few minutes you have not LIVED.

I'm a proud TP2 owner and flasher, but honestly OMG it's so much faster, sleeker, better, and everything else you could ever want. If you haven't played with one yet, do yourself a favor and go check one out.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

fendi503 is keeping up the good workfendi503 is keeping up the good work
Re: have you USED android yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugosugita View Post
OMG people if you haven't held an android phone in your hands and clicked through it for a few minutes you have not LIVED.

I'm a proud TP2 owner and flasher, but honestly OMG it's so much faster, sleeker, better, and everything else you could ever want. If you haven't played with one yet, do yourself a favor and go check one out.
I have used an Android device extensively and while it isn't terrible, it is not as great as you are making it out to be.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugosugita View Post

*yawn* what a total overreaction.

remember some Driod phones have faster processors than the TP2.

I found the browser on droid eris & moto droid clumsy often forcing wrong orientation and with significant lag. the eris is a poor performer as it has SenseUI also. The motorola droid keyboard was dated & bad (vs TP2) and the menu softkeys poorly designed and confusing. Android itself was confusing and disjointed. Email was a mess requiring one app for gmail and one app for your other mail. no slingobox or havaTv support among other disappointments.

Droid Eris onscreen keyboard caused too many typos (vs TP2/Imagio/WVGA)... seemed like it was poorly done with low resolution screen contributing... keys too narrow.

Droid Eris- if it had 2.1 and turn-by-turn preinstalled - and with some tweaking (disabling Sense, etc) is a decent cheap smartphone for a chick however.

There is no perfect smartphone or smartphone OS at this time. we all need to realize that.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences

Last edited by gcianc; 02-22-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
*yawn* what a total overreaction.

remember some Driod phones have faster processors than the TP2.

I found the browser on droid eris & moto droid clumsy often forcing wrong orientation and with significant lag. the eris is a poor performer as it has SenseUI also. The motorola droid keyboard was dated & bad (vs TP2) and the menu softkeys poorly designed and confusing. Android itself was confusing and disjointed. Email was a mess requiring one app for gmail and one app for your other mail. no slingobox or havaTv support among other disappointments.

Droid Eris onscreen keyboard caused too many typos (vs TP2/Imagio/WVGA)... seemed like it was poorly done with low resolution screen contributing... keys too narrow.

Droid Eris- if it had 2.1 and turn-by-turn preinstalled - and with some tweaking (disabling Sense, etc) is a decent cheap smartphone for a chick however.

There is no perfect smartphone or smartphone OS at this time. we all need to realize that.
The Droid Eris is a "budget" smartphone too, lower spec.

A friend of mine has a Droid and I've played with it a bit, it's nice. Will I jump ship to Android because of it? Nah, not yet. Thankfully my TP2 was running 100% when we had a comparison and the TP2 was smoother, faster, more customizable, and had more useful programs available than his Droid... TP2 FTW in that case, too bad it's been crapping out since that.

Now a choice between Android and WinMo 7? That will be tougher but I'll have to decide when the time comes.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

get it
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The question is not "have you used it yet" - cause a brain dead monkey can use it out of the box.

The question is what else can you do with it that can't be done on something else?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Johnny Candles is a n00b

In my line of work I get to use several different phones and I have tried a few with the Android OS. The Android OS was snappy and I did like the ability to customize the home screen(s) with widgets. However, being a heavy Exchange mail user, I found the nativie email app to be clunky. Not being able to load my companies cert made using email on the Android OS very combersome. Not being able to search the company's global address list really hurt.

I'm fairly new to Windows Mobile and out of the box, I did not like the Touch Pro 2. The Window Mobile 6.1 home screen, and soft keys just felt very restrictive. Once I purchased and loaded SPB Mobile Shell, I begain to appreciate my Windows Mobile device. Sure, it makes the home screen look a lot like Android and allows customization with widgets. But, the Exchange email integration is great, and that is what I use my device for more than anything. Being able to "check names" to pull from the global address list was very nice.

Honestly out of all the phones I have had a chance to work with, I am most impressed with the Palm Pre, despite the fact that it can be customized the least out of all the devices I have worked on. It was strange how Exchange email seemed to work better on WebOS when compared to Windows Mobile. Simple intuitive features in WebOS made it very slick, easy to use, and functional enough for a business class smartphone.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
The question is not "have you used it yet" - cause a brain dead monkey can use it out of the box.

The question is what else can you do with it that can't be done on something else?
thats not the question in the least. a better answer isn't that you can do more, but you can do everything 10x easier and it looks better while your doing it. everything i can do with my tp2 more then likely looks better and is easier to do with android. Not faster like the difference the processor makes but easier and prettier.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Za33cK is just getting started

i used my buddies moto driod and i loved it, android is a great os, coming from a WM fan, its all about preference tho, i like the endless customizations that windows mobile and touchflo3d have, people are able to rip it apart and do just about anything with it, android isnt there yet, but im sure over time it will be right up there with windows mobile
Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Bay Area Boss

i'll be honest, like drake said, the exchange part is real iffy it doesn't always push immediatly i found out, but fortunately for me i'm not a big exchange user. Actually i don't use it at all anymore, as i don't need work emails immediatly delivered to my device, and for personal life I use google already so this is like a dream come true for me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2