View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Oridus
Retired Staff

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: have you USED android yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I don't have a Droid, I have a TP2.

And yes, I have backed up all of my arguments. Again, my arguments:
1: The Droid has a better processor. It does more per clock cycle than a qualcomm, and it can be overclocked to 1.1 gigs with no problems (which is faster than the snapdragon in the Nexus, and still doing more per clock cycle). I only brough tthis up when someone incorrectly said the Nexus had a better processor simply based on clock speed.
2: The resolution on the Droid is better. I only brought up this fact when someone said it was a fact that the display ont he Nexus was better.
3: The screens are the same size. I only brought up this fact when someone else said the Nexus was better because it had a bigger screen.
4: The devices are the same size. I only brought up this fact when someone else said it was a negative for the Droid that it has a keyboard.
5: The Droid has a keyboard. Again, someone else said the Droid's keyboard is crappy. At least it has a keyboard.
6: The Droid runs Android 2.1. I only brought this up when someone else said the Nexus had a newer or better OS.
7: And the Droid ships with 16 gigs of storage.

I think these all make a pretty solid argument. And I'm not the one in here calling everyone a moron or an idiot for not agreeing with me. Now, look at the other side of the argument. What is there- a bunch of name calling and that's pretty much it.
1) Please show us statistical data explaining exactly why the Droid's processor is better/faster than the N1's. Show us exactly how much "more" is done per clock cycle. Also, we're talking stock. The VAST majority of users of a Droid will NOT overclock their processors on their smartphone.

2) The resolution of the Droid's screen compared to the Nexus One's is a VERY SMALL increase. Hardly noticeable, if at all, at a glance. However, the AMOLED Display on the Nexus ONE compared to the Droid's TFT Display is a a visual difference that can be seen right off the bat. The sharpness, color density, and brightness are all visually apparent right off the bat.

3) The Nexus One's screen is .7 Millimeters larger. However, in your favor, this is not noticeable at a glance.

4) The Droid is wider, and thicker, and the Nexus One is taller. The Nexus One is lighter.

5) It sure does have a keyboard, but the keyboard is very poorly made, with small keys, cramped space due to the DPAD, and the keys are very flush to the surface, and the tactile feedback leaves room for improvement. It's no TP2 Keyboard, that's for sure.

6) Droid ships with Google Android 2.0. Nexus One ships with Google Android 2.1. (Information taken from PDA Comparer).

7) I have 13 SD cards laying around, ranging from 1 to 32 gigs. Shipping with a 16 gig SD card is not an impressive selling point. The Nexus One ships with a larger internal memory capacity, double that of the Droid.

Thank you and please come again.