PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: Sprint

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
i am running 20 dec 28244 sencity with no problems. you may have a bad DL or flash.

Ive flashed 3 times today. When the phone originally boots up, its fine. Then I do a carrier provision, then a pim transfer, then soft reset. When the phone comes back up, it just keeps wanting to launch sense until it goes to the screen where it says tap here to launch sense. Im flashing to 21916 now to see if I have the same problem. Ive been using GTX for the past two updates. It started giving me problems, so I decided to switch to sencity.

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 12-23-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
i am running 20 dec 28244 sencity with no problems. you may have a bad DL or flash.

Awesome help. Thanks. Ive experienced problems with this exact thing before but not with energy. Its not a bad falsh or dl because when my phone first comes up, its fine. Just when I copy and paste my pim file and reset does it do the whole launching htc sense thing.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

did u delete the HTC sense folder from ur SDcard? and if all else fails try to redownload and reflash sometimes somethings can be fixed that way and if it still has problems then you know for sure the culprit is your pim file thas corrupt

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 12-23-2010, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
did u delete the HTC sense folder from ur SDcard? and if all else fails try to redownload and reflash sometimes somethings can be fixed that way and if it still has problems then you know for sure the culprit is your pim file thas corrupt

Thats what it is. I just flashed back to my old gtx from like Dec 3rd and its doing the same thing when i import my pim file. Man this sucks I just lost all my contacts.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jhbryaniv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRW View Post
Thats what it is. I just flashed back to my old gtx from like Dec 3rd and its doing the same thing when i import my pim file. Man this sucks I just lost all my contacts.
No microsoft mypone or syncing with outlook? ouchie . . .
Old 12-23-2010, 03:40 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
What is causing this is a program call stbtn.exe in the windows folder. I have no idea what it is for. If you delete it, it comes back.
My solution is renaming a text file to a .exe extension and overwriting it. It works perfectly without any noticeable side effects....
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Ninjaduck,
... Cookie 2.0 softkeys though because panel would not launch. When disabled softkeys in CHTEditor all is well. So I will take that tradeoff any day....
lol "noticeable side effect" Windows key (start) hard & soft no longer work, the only way to get to settings is via sense, not all settings are accessable! (for me on 29005 sencity) Not recommended IMHO...
Don't take this wrong NDuck, you've done great work here & have a cab or 2 of yours in my sashimi.. but this one gave me a laugh...

also,
can someone post the original windows/stbtn.exe (zipped up & attached) please.. I backed it up, but now can't find it
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacoman91 View Post
Why was the rom switched back to the 28244 from Nov 13? I remember the 28xxx users were strongly urged to switch to 2314x. I use the titanium rom 23148, curious to see what others think before I flash.
LOL!! Nice quote!! dang right on... how the heck did you dig that one up? You get the prize, you actually know how to search... (thanks) getting real sick of seeing the same solutions post ever other page. People get too lazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
The Darkside has cought me in a weak moment... I have succumbed to its power... it was too strong...

Thanks to Energy and all that have helped along this incredible journey. =D>
NO!! Say it isn't so!!! Dang, will miss your posts, it's been a pleasure my friend!

I hope it's the A word & not the i word at least!!! arrrgghhh lost another... please feel free to stop back & tell us what a mistake you made! :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseifer View Post
Problem with the above rom, when you charge the phone the battery power icon turns to a plugged in icon; however when you disconnect the phone from ac power the icon does not change back. It requires a soft reset off ac power to show the battery indicator.
Use battclock Dl @ xda, gives memory, battery, amps used, etc.. pia to setup right, but you'll love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
I had this same issue with my PC after the November roms. I found that if you uncheck the "Enable faster Data Syncronization" option in the USBtoPC settings that it charges like normal. Just FYI.
No way.. don't believe it. But did it anyway! hehe..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRW View Post
errrrrrr, isn't there about 5 screens you pass up on restore allowing you to select what you want??? ... like just contacts?

Last edited by teradog; 12-23-2010 at 03:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

dataman is just getting started

736 pages of 40 posts each wow...

Hey Guys

I just got my TP2 and have been reading and working to get a nice stable release. the best one I found was Energy ROM that I like but it is not sprint friendly. the PRL and firmware and profile update settings are gone, the ## codes dont work in dialer.

I am sure there is a patch of some sort to fix this ROM and bring it up to speed with sprint, can someone please direct me to it.
I saw in the following in DAVeTN signature: NRG Cabs and Fixes: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=86489
but no idea which one to choose.

right now I am on
http://hotfile.com/list/596844/bc905c6

Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Dec.20.7 z

the tutorial doesn't say anything about what sprint users need maybe it should be updated in the first link.
Thank you

Last edited by dataman; 12-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO - Touch Pro II

geejdee is keeping up the good workgeejdee is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to geejdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo View Post
I have been using this for about a week now. The Out of Memory stopped after that suggested fix. However I have a few problems.

Opera sometimes gets stuck. It won't open the link or the green bar at the bottom never moves. Sometimes I notice if I open Opera from a quick link it seems better than if I use the opera on the scroll bar. Anyone experience this?

Also I seem to be losing battery so fast. It seems to drain so fast that the USB port on my computer can't charge up the phone. On MightyRom and Stock I was able to just plug a regular USB cable into the phone from my desktop and it kept my battery charge. Now it seems that it doesn't have any juice to charge up my phone. Does Energy use a lot of energy?
As for Opera, I'm getting a lot of that.. it comes and goes... just stop and I have to reset a few times then all is well til it reappears... No order will cause the lock up.... Also, the battery does take a long time to charge on USB....
Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataman View Post
736 pages of 40 posts each wow...

Hey Guys

I just got my TP2 and have been reading and working to get a nice stable release. the best one I found was Energy ROM that I like but it is not sprint friendly. the PRL and firmware and profile update settings are gone, the ## codes dont work in dialer.

I am sure there is a patch of some sort to fix this ROM and bring it up to speed with sprint, can someone please direct me to it.
I saw in the following in DAVeTN signature: NRG Cabs and Fixes: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=86489
but no idea which one to choose.

right now I am on
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Dec.20.7 z

the tutorial doesn't say anything about what sprint users need maybe it should be updated in the first link.
Thank you
Hi dataman,

Thanks for mentioning the link in my sig line.

Actually, I have been flashing NRG regularly on my Sprint TP2 and have found it to be quite sprint friendly. NRG has even set them up now with the built in sprint keyboard fix and autoprovision.

First, for the PRL, I use the Mr.X prl updater found in the link you mentioned. Install it, soft reset and run the update.

Before you do anything though, go ahead and run the provisioning cab anyway in the tools folder just to be sure.

I don't use MMS and in the past most users have said to use the bousch mms fix but I think the mms is now fixed for sprint. not sure about that though.

I've flashed many roms including the mousey rom and some of the other big names but I allways come back to NRG. While there may be some minor annoyances that are easilly fixed, it is overall the most stable and consistent ROM I have used.

Theres also a few things you may want to ckeck out. Teradog and a few others have worked very hard in putting together a wiki faq for the rom and you can find a link to it in his sig line. Also, if you havn't already, I have some good basic faqs in my sigline as well. Most, if not all are from my experience with NRG.

Also, we're all pretty friendly around here and regularly answer any questions. While we are not directly tied to the ROM development, our collective experience really helps us in answering questions and solving problems.

You are off to a good start reading the last 40 pages. You may also want to look at the first few as well, if you haven't already done so.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on things here so if you need any help, feel free to ask.

Welcome to NRG!

David

First though,
Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

dataman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Hi dataman,

Thanks for mentioning the link in my sig line.

Actually, I have been flashing NRG regularly on my Sprint TP2 and have found it to be quite sprint friendly. NRG has even set them up now with the built in sprint keyboard fix and autoprovision.

First, for the PRL, I use the Mr.X prl updater found in the link you mentioned. Install it, soft reset and run the update.

Before you do anything though, go ahead and run the provisioning cab anyway in the tools folder just to be sure.

I don't use MMS and in the past most users have said to use the bousch mms fix but I think the mms is now fixed for sprint. not sure about that though.

I've flashed many roms including the mousey rom and some of the other big names but I allways come back to NRG. While there may be some minor annoyances that are easilly fixed, it is overall the most stable and consistent ROM I have used.

Theres also a few things you may want to ckeck out. Teradog and a few others have worked very hard in putting together a wiki faq for the rom and you can find a link to it in his sig line. Also, if you havn't already, I have some good basic faqs in my sigline as well. Most, if not all are from my experience with NRG.

Also, we're all pretty friendly around here and regularly answer any questions. While we are not directly tied to the ROM development, our collective experience really helps us in answering questions and solving problems.

You are off to a good start reading the last 40 pages. You may also want to look at the first few as well, if you haven't already done so.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on things here so if you need any help, feel free to ask.

Welcome to NRG!

David

First though,
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I actually came across Vindows ROM and I will give that a try as well. the other problem that I just found out about is that htc sense freezes almost everytime after I synced it with my outlook. I gave it couple resets and it is acting a bit better now I will let you guys know how it goes,

it is very cool that the provisioning cab is built in and I hope all this was explained on the first page. what else is needed to get this going on sprint network?
the provision tool fixed ## codes.
MR.X_Sprint_PRL_FW_Profile_Update.cab worked great
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...ile_update.cab

someone should add the pointer for provision cab and prl cab to the first post that would have saved me couple hours of time.

Last edited by dataman; 12-23-2010 at 07:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development