PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
I came across this site yesterday, that has an archive for a bunch of Energy Roms: f1ip.net - File Index . Not sure if these are for the GSM TP2's or CDMA version.
DO NOT FLASH THESE ROMS!!!!

THEY ARE FOR THE GSM RHODIUM!!!!

EnergyROMs for CDMA Rhodium are labelled "RHODCDMA"
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
I came across this site yesterday, that has an archive for a bunch of Energy Roms: Not sure if these are for the GSM TP2's or CDMA version.
Those are GSM ROMs, DO NOT install them on a CDMA phone. Please remove the link from your post so that someone does not mistakenly install and brick their phone. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Thanks tons for name change, that should help with future confusion! LOVE that you built those in! How? Did you cab up all 3 apps with the free cabber util? Will try to get something in wiki on startmenu disable.
Arto Startmenu Remover wm6.5.x StartX.cab
Arto Startmenu Remover wm6.5 StartX.cab
One of the primary original goals was to get the windows startmenu off & out of memory saving 25-30MB.. which NRG's startmenu switch does if you choose panel or csm..

You haven't commented in using NRG's startmenu & not needing to disable... thoughts? If it doesn't take over one of the startkeys (soft or hard) i usually use rhodium keyboard config to map the hardkey to winstart... Another option anyway... but now that you've cabbed in the X & start, that's even easier!!

Have to ask: PM me if you want.. if the solution I always have used & keep coming back to is fastest... why
OC_ Auto_v4.21.cab (script solution)? Can you post a link to the best post that summarizes your exact procedure? Have respect your analysis & would like to exactly duplicate your procedure & test myself. Is the OC script solution the dynamic changer? If so, no thanks!
I am glad you appreciate that simple work: i used WinCE Cab Manager. It is a paied software, but it gives you some days of free trial.
Quickcab 2.0 is a good free software to create cabs from 0, but to modify existing cabs i think WinCE is the best option.
They both have the possibility to import reg edits.

I didn't try to use NRG's startmenu switcher and install later Winstart...teorically it should work ok...the only risk is that another start menu (panel, sense, compact) are working at the same time or in the background. I prefer to install Winstart free over the original start menu and use
Arto Startmenu Remover wm6.5.x StartX.cab
If you buy the paied app, it has the start menu remover incorporated.

NetRipper's
Msm7kCpuSpeed:
I always used OCT and WiMoSpeed at 748.
With Msm7kCpuSpeed the phone runs for sure faster at the same speed.
I have used SetCpuSpeed1.0d (app based solution) to control Msm7kCpuSpeed, but after a call the phone was sod/freezing...even with the clock set to 710. I followed these instructions but i had no luck...after a call sod/freezes were appearing.
I have tried OC_Auto_v4.2.cab (script based solution, as described here) and everything is working fine: no sod/freezes at all!!
For sure this solution needs 1 slot and some mb of ram...but the device is faster than with WiMoSpeed!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Well just when I thought I was being clever,someone comes along and says "man your over complicating this by half, why dont you just use this cab". Another solid blow to the ego . If you havent figured it out yet, the grab MSL V0.5 works great.
It's all good. The great thing I enjoy about this particular forum are users that share so many different ways to get things done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
IT WORKED!!!! ARE YOU LISTENING, THE NEW ROM HAS DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
Great to know. I've updated the DRM section on the wiki. I used your posts as references if that is OK with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Don't get your hopes up, the CDMA TP2 will never have FM radio because it doesn't have the hardware.
Aye. The FM radio thing keeps popping up every once in a while. Plenty of threads that detail about it. I've added it to the wiki to specifically state FM support on CDMA TP2's is currently not possible, because the GSM TP2 FAQ/wikis list it as working for them.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
overdrive link plz?
yes, specifically interested in libarary.
do audio books have/need drm/overdrive?
thanks/d TIA
sorry about Q! lol
re. OC prog.. what phones? just need msm chip..

lol.. just noticed ..u dont need 2 brush up on txt speak... u started this pg w OMG 4 x ! ..
*edit*
* most library systems have linik to overdrive in their ebook & audio section
OverDrive – OMC for Windows Mobile End User License Agreement

*edit* appears 005 isn't DRM, get an error msg, some DRM files not there.. may flash & test
Not sure what phones on the overclock, will have to research.

As for DRM most operating systems have there own version. Thats why you can get some really cheap ereaders, they only read one type of DRM or none at all. If you want to open up new horizons for your phone check out the 2 links. 1 is for overdrive media, and the other is for Oregons online library. I know other states use this system too.

OverDrive – OverDrive Media Console

Library2Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Hmmmmm. I may be able to help. I've been a Critical Care Respiratory Therapist for 25 years and I'm currently in Physician Assistant School...

David
Thanks, I think I was just hyperventilating, so I put a bag over my head and now my wife wont let me take it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
It's all good. The great thing I enjoy about this particular forum are users that share so many different ways to get things done.

Great to know. I've updated the DRM section on the wiki. I used your posts as references if that is OK with you?
No problems, thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Good to see you around alalor! You in some big cross country motocross race down in Argentina?
Hello Teradog, nope, the rally is already over, it was a few weeks ago. Just came to visit, do some paperwork, etc. I will try how the TP2 does in the countryside too, where there is very bad reception. I have a storm2 and a KRZR to compare with. I have the latest VZW Radio rom in the TP2, I am wondering how it will do. So far so good in Buenos Aires. Also, I want to test how the TP2 does in dusty environments, I would like to use it to replace a laptop, just use the TP2's excel, and then print wirelessly at harvest. Basically, I would be pushing it a little, I have your hated WinMoSpeed at 710mhz and the phone works fine, but I am still on 29007, I guess I will try the new rom soon.
I really like having separate keys for numbers and arrows, makes it so much easier to work on excel and to type things. I really miss it when I use the storm2.
Unfortunately, the only way to get unlimited data plans in most of latin america is with a blackberry.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
[SIZE="1"]
re. OC prog.. what phones? just need msm chip..
Several phones, the one I found specs on was an Acer f900 running windows 6.1. with a 533 MHz Samsung S3C 6410 processor ( humm, maybe thats why they call it S3Clock). Even with a backup TP2 I am not brave enough to try it.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

dougw03 is a n00b

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to change reply all softkey button to reply?

2. Has anyone got remote desktop working?
Old 02-13-2011, 07:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Merge
Carrier: US Cellular

spacious is keeping up the good workspacious is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw03 View Post
Two questions:

1. Is it possible to change reply all softkey button to reply?

2. Has anyone got remote desktop working?
There's a reply to all fix cab in the paperclip - or here if there's still a problem with the paperclip.
Attached Files
File Type: cab apristel_ReplyAll2ReplyFix.cab (1.2 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Movilnet

Guerralenta is just getting started

Nice update... but i miss the REFERENCE rom.. was my fav.. Ref.. RIP...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development