PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I'm gonna download and flash. I wonder what the new contact card is about- I never liked HTC's version because it cut out info that the native MS version gave you.
Yes, please post back and let us know about the contact card. I wont be switching from the 13.Dec ROM unless I hear rave reviews of the new ones.

Last edited by akeaw3000; 02-19-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
Yea, that reminds me of when I searched all over the place for two days looking for the uber cool Flashlight program that I saw on my husband's TP, then got super annoyed that NRG had removed it from the Rhodium line up. Now why would he frickin do that? I didn't realize until a week later :/
The reason being that the TP1 had a flash for the camera and the TP2 doesn't, but if I remember right there were programs called flashlight that just put a bright solid colored background on the screen that was supposed to imitate a flashlight, to me it wasn't the best but I guess with no flash that it's all we could get.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
The reason being that the TP1 had a flash for the camera and the TP2 doesn't, but if I remember right there were programs called flashlight that just put a bright solid colored background on the screen that was supposed to imitate a flashlight, to me it wasn't the best but I guess with no flash that it's all we could get.
Correct. Here's a link posted earlier for this.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...h-pro-2-a.html
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OMG OMG OMG OMG.....I know some of you out there have medical training. My heart is palpitating, my head is swimming, I see spots before my eyes, I think I need 911. It all started when I downloaded the latest 28XXX rom on my backup TP2. I them installed overdrive media console, and went to my local library site and downloaded a DRM protected book. IT WORKED!!!! ARE YOU LISTENING, THE NEW ROM HAS DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT .......................
.................................................. .............................. Sorry blacked out there for about 10 minutes, I think I'm OK now, but I have to wait until my wife wakes up and slaps me to make sure I am not dreaming. You folks who don't need DRM don't know how big this is. NRGZ is now in my will.

Last edited by swlaraut; 02-13-2011 at 05:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:34 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG.....I know some of you out there have medical training. My heart is palpitating, my head is swimming, I see spots before my eyes, I think I need 911. It all started when I downloaded the latest 28XXX rom on my backup TP2. I them installed overdrive media console, and went to my local library site and downloaded a DRM protected book. IT WORKED!!!! ARE YOU LISTENING, THE NEW ROM HAS DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT .......................
.................................................. .............................. Sorry blacked out there for about 10 minutes, I think I'm OK now, but I have to wait until my wife wakes up and slaps me to make sure I am not dreaming. You folks who don't need DRM don't know how big this is. NRGZ is now in my will.
plz xplain usage.. do u have 2 dl 2 pc 1st? works/ required by audio books? exactly what was the issue? interested in doing... mini guide plz?

thanks!

why are 6 of u online in the middle of night?!! )
via tp2
Old 02-13-2011, 05:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
plz xplain usage.. do u have 2 dl 2 pc 1st? works/ required by audio books? exactly what was the issue? interested in doing... mini guide plz?

thanks!

why are 6 of u online in the middle of night?!! )
via tp2
I am going to have to brush up on my txt speak, but I thing I know what you are after, lol.

Digital rights management is a windows media thing that allows you to download time stamped book and such from web sites like amazon and Audio.com . Its just like your library, you down load and listen and 7 -14 days later it expires and won't play anymore.

This is not a rom thing, the build being used has to have DRM activated in the version of windows media player they are using. Microsoft has been very delinquent in activating it in the 6.5 builds.

Up until now the only custom rom that I know of that supported DRM was NRGZ's from late Aug to early Sept 2010.

I have my old TP2 with the cracked case, so about once a month I have been
downloading the latest rom on it and seeing if DRM works. I had just about given up hope until today.

Everyone keeps singing the praises of the Dec 13 1.8 rom, now i would like to see if it has working DRM (didn't get around to testing that one). Any havea copy?

Why am I awake? Party, rockstar and vodka, broken pool cue, helava good time. Had to do something while waiting for the swelling to go down .
__________________________________________________ ________
Edit: A bit more about how I us DRM. A lot of public libraries around the nation are part of the overdrive media system. You download the overdrive media console for winmo on your phone. Then you go to your local library's on line system and check out an audio book. What you get is a DRM license for that book that when opened allows you to download the DRM protected book through the overdrive media consol. When you consider places like audiobooks, and amazon charge you 10 -15 dollars a book for this, getting them for free from your library is a steal. Especially when you drive 500 miles a day and you can download them from your phone.

Last edited by swlaraut; 02-13-2011 at 06:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

On a totally different note. Has anyone seen anything about this over clocking program? It seems to be on several WIN 6.5 phones but I haven't seen it on a TP2. Its called S3Clock. Any info?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easy Set S3Clock.JPG (80.8 KB, 66 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:36 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

overdrive link plz?
yes, specifically interested in libarary.
do audio books have/need drm/overdrive?
thanks/d TIA
sorry about Q! lol
re. OC prog.. what phones? just need msm chip..

lol.. just noticed ..u dont need 2 brush up on txt speak... u started this pg w OMG 4 x ! ..
*edit*
* most library systems have linik to overdrive in their ebook & audio section
OverDrive – OMC for Windows Mobile End User License Agreement

*edit* appears 005 isn't DRM, get an error msg, some DRM files not there.. may flash & test

Last edited by teradog; 02-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Hmmmmm. I may be able to help. I've been a Critical Care Respiratory Therapist for 25 years and I'm currently in Physician Assistant School...

David
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Wrong ROMs

Last edited by PapaPrem; 02-13-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Not for CDMA phones
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development