PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

youngtjjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

lol Bro i just told you the problem. The volume buttons don't work for the volume, instead they just move things up and down. I also tried one the roms on my dad phone and samething
Old 02-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

minwoo1983 is just getting started
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

It's Sprint Touch Pro 2 so it's CDMA. I actually downloaded the ROM from the file archive posted several pages back. I read some more posts and found out that I did in fact download and install a GSM ROM onto my Sprint TP2. Thank God I was able to install the Stock ROM and get my phone to work again.

I still do want to run the Energy ROM on my phone, but stability is extremely important to me, which is why I would like the 29005 Energy build w/ Cookie 2.0. I've searched everywhere for it but cannot find it...any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtjjones View Post
lol Bro i just told you the problem. The volume buttons don't work for the volume, instead they just move things up and down. I also tried one the roms on my dad phone and samething
i wasn't trying to be a a$$ or anything but it's hard to help you if we don't know what ROM your running or what you have installed or any of that type of information, if it was me i would start by looking at what you have installed because your the only one that has stated that issue, that's why it's important to install cabs one at a time and test things out to see if it breaks anything and if so either not install that cab or look for another program that can be installed and not break something, also look at what settings you might have changed that could have changed what the volume buttons do.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:52 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by minwoo1983 View Post
It's Sprint Touch Pro 2 so it's CDMA. I actually downloaded the ROM from the file archive posted several pages back. I read some more posts and found out that I did in fact download and install a GSM ROM onto my Sprint TP2. Thank God I was able to install the Stock ROM and get my phone to work again.

I still do want to run the Energy ROM on my phone, but stability is extremely important to me, which is why I would like the 29005 Energy build w/ Cookie 2.0. I've searched everywhere for it but cannot find it...any help would be appreciated!
lmfao holy crap your lucky you didn't brick your phone. any reason why you are wanting the 29005 rom because all the new 21xxx rom from this link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting are basically the same just newer, here's an explanation of the 21xxx series of roms:

A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy.

I would try one of those roms as they are the newest and most stable of the WM 6.5 roms just like the one that you are looking for.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 02-18-2011 at 02:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

youngtjjones is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones

im running the Gtx and my dad is running the titanium rom. i did not install nothing on my dad phone. His phone is the sprint touch pro 2, mines is the us cellular and the only app i instal for my phone was the winmospeed but i doubt thats the problem because the problem was there before i install that cab.

oh and i have hard reset 5 times already but still same problem.

Last edited by youngtjjones; 02-18-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtjjones View Post
im running the Gtx and my dad is running the titanium rom. i did not install nothing on my dad phone. His phone is the sprint touch pro 2, mines is the us cellular and the only app i instal for my phone was the winmospeed but i doubt thats the problem because the problem was there before i install that cab.

oh and i have hard reset 5 times already but still same problem.
The other users asked for more information to assist, and yet you still too vague.

1. did you read the wiki/faq in post #6? It would have asked you to post the version of the Energy ROMs you are trying.

eg, Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.Feb. 12.7z
or Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.Feb. 12.7z
or Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Titanium.Feb.14.7z
or something else?

2. when did this problem happen? only after you flashed one of the ROMs listed above?

3. did you use Energy ROMs before this problem?

4. Did you try reflashing to the stock Sprint or USCC ROMs to verify this is a custom ROM versus device issue? The stock Sprint ROM URL can be found in the wiki for this thread.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Been trying:
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.12
and
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.12.s encity
on a few devices...

a. there is something wacky with battery usage compared to when I run the 2900x and 2315x ones. Some condition will make the battery usage run abnormally higher than usual until a soft reset. I have not pinned down what yet.

b. the red outlook contacts issue is still there, so I have to run the patches from the XDA folks.

c. subjectively, feels "snappier" than any of the 29007 releases from Jan.2011 series.

So here's one for you veterans I've seen a few posts here and at XDA about after coming from a soft reset/reboot Sense+CHT2000 fails to paint the home screen and sits at "Launching HTC Sense..." Where Sense did load, but just does not display the initial home tab.

This happens about a third of the time after a soft reset for me since ROMs I've tried from Dec.27 onwards, and on multiple TP2s.

Now I've been able to pin down it is due to the stuff I have in my \Windows\Startup, but those are all basic items. What I had to do to guarantee the home tab gets displayed is to reorder the startup. Here's my question...

I've searched high and low here and on XDA... is there anything else besides SKTOOLs where you can automate setting up the startup ordering?

SKTools is a very manual process to do this each and every time after a flash and their UI drives me nuts.

a. google searches, etc indicate that there are no exposed registry entries end users can modify to set the \Windows\Startup order except to run some kind of external tool to do this. eg, maybe a mortscript to do a bunch of RunWaits to run each startup item in a specific sequential order.

b. to provide a more specific example of what I am trying to do. According to SKTOOLs, the following gets executed in this order (again an example and not exact of my setup)
\Windows\Startup\iLock2.lnk (s2u2) = runs first
\Windows\Startup\Arkswitch.lnk = runs second
\Windows\Startup\QuickMenu.lnk = runs third

If I shift the order in SKTOOLs to make s2u2 run last, the Sense home tab comes up each and every time after a soft reset now.

Note that even if I remove questionable apps like s2u2 or arkswitch from startup, there's still enough (lockdevice.lnk, etc) make this happen without reordering.

c. I've run Kheb to get registry and file diffs before and after I run SKTOOLs to see what changes. Nothing in the registry shows this except the system hive file itself. Which I assume means... I am SOL.

Ok... sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance to anyone with insight
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
Been trying:
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.12
and
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.12.s encity
on a few devices...

a. there is something wacky with battery usage compared to when I run the 2900x and 2315x ones. Some condition will make the battery usage run abnormally higher than usual until a soft reset. I have not pinned down what yet.

b. the red outlook contacts issue is still there, so I have to run the patches from the XDA folks.

c. subjectively, feels "snappier" than any of the 29007 releases from Jan.2011 series.
I agree:
28244 is snappier...but needs more battery than 29005/29007.

Anyway in 2-3 days DFT FTP will work again and builds 29009, 29011, 29014 will be available...so i think that NRGZ will prepare a new bunch of roms with these or other builds that weren't available since december, when DFT FTP went down.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

powinmo.. since discovering android wont even run based on startup content (post oc removal), ive taken out all of the above u list & dont run any, in fact need 2 take out more. soon as i solved one issue another popped up... dumped most of non-critical cab files.. including cookie... of course ive probably been chasing / wasting time on cookie issues longer than some.. many of us remember when it wasthe new hot thing.. just 2 much time spent 4 me.. /boot is the only one i can think of...

hey monfro, i didnt know google translator did manderine?! )
also why ftp from ur phone?

lol funny PM series with maxx, talking speed, i dl'd a cab he recommend, ran it & it asked me if i wanted to erase the current one first...! already installed.. ffkip911 mobile net speed tweek, am on tp2 now or would link it. so 2 those of u still looking for the ectasy speed tweak cab that got me those results a couple weeks ago ... NOT... but it may help.. give it a run & let me know..

Last edited by teradog; 02-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
lmfao holy crap your lucky you didn't brick your phone.
You won't brick your phone flashing a GSM ROM unless it contains a radio. There's no lmfao holy crap...it just won't boot because of the wrong OEMXIPKernel (actually it just continually reboots itself).
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development