PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

how long did u wait on the white screen?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

minwoo1983 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
how long did u wait on the white screen?
Like 5-10 min?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl42 View Post
When I get in the car, it will not automatically connect. If I go in and connect manually and enter the key code, It works for fine for that trip. But every time I get in the truck it may or may not try to connect, and it will always ask for the stereo's key code.
hmmm first time i have heard of this happening, what rom and date of the rom are you using? hate to say it but if it's only you having that issue i would say that it's something that you either have installed or a bad flash, i would start with uninstalling all the cabs that you installed and then install them one at a time and see if one of them is causing the issue.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minwoo1983 View Post
Downloaded the December 13th 29005 build and flashed after unlocking the TP2, and it gets stuck on the white HTC screen. I went into bootloader and tried flashing again...same thing

Any suggestions?

Sounds like a bad memory card. (micro SD memory card). Swap it out if you can or reformat it and try again. Usually IT is the culprit in freezes, hangs and general slowness.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickforet View Post
In fact, I flashed, then I configured my email account and recieved my emails. Everything works fine. THEN, I realised I havn't installed the provisionning cab (Telus). So I did it and after that I realised my email account has disappeared. So when I click on the email slider tab, my account isn't there anymore. And when I tried to configure my account again, it said that it already exist. ???
so if everything works after you flash why go back and run the provisioning cab, i would just leave it alone, i always had a system to flashing a new ROM so after i flash the ROM i hard reset again and then that's when i run the provisioning cab and started to install my cabs one at a time and checking the phone as i installed them to make sure they didn't break anything.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaffairs View Post
how do I set wifi to not turn off when the screen is off?
either install the "keep wifi on when idle cab" from the thread paperclip or go into bsb tweaks and flip on the keep wifi toggle switch.

***Edit***
sorry didn't see that your question was answered already.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 02-17-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: fingers and brain not working together.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Sounds like a bad memory card. (micro SD memory card). Swap it out if you can or reformat it and try again. Usually IT is the culprit in freezes, hangs and general slowness.

David
I actually installed it through my PC using the Rom Utility that came with the rar file. I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit. It seemed to install fine at the time..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
I actually installed it through my PC using the Rom Utility that came with the rar file. I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit. It seemed to install fine at the time..
but that doesn't mean that your sd card isn't corrupted somehow and keeping your phone from booting up, it's been proved before that corrupted sd cards have kept people from flashing roms and getting the phone to boot up, best bet is to take the card out and take everything off of it and then format it and then reinstall everything back onto the card and then stick it back in your phone then try to flash the rom again.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
but that doesn't mean that your sd card isn't corrupted somehow and keeping your phone from booting up, it's been proved before that corrupted sd cards have kept people from flashing roms and getting the phone to boot up, best bet is to take the card out and take everything off of it and then format it and then reinstall everything back onto the card and then stick it back in your phone then try to flash the rom again.
Can I just take out the SD card beforehand, then* flash, and let it boot up and then put the SD card back in? (if it does boot up)

Last edited by minwoo1983; 02-17-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Can I just take out the SD card beforehand, then* flash, and let it boot up and then put the SD card back in? (if it does boot up)
well you could do that but if the sd card is the issue then your just going to have issues after putting it back in if you don't format it, but yes you should be able to take the card out and then flash and the phone should work but if you have anything like your mail set-up or anything else that stores to the sd card and it's not there then it's going to store those files on the phone and use up the precious space that the phone has, plus you won't have a place to store any files, wallpapers, music because the space on your phone is used up so it's just easier and better to have your card in. myself i had my card with folders for wallpapers, music, cabs so that it's not taking up space on the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development