PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Running latest Sep13th ROM and I have been having some weird issues that someone can hopefully help me out on..

On the last 3 builds (which makes me think it is not ROM related) I can not send SMS messages over 160 characters. Single (under 160) works perfectly as does MMS messages. Anytime I text more than one SMS (160+ characters) it returns as "sms failed resend"..

Anyone have ANY idea why this could be happening? I've flashed to stock/task29 etc etc.. Still happens
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Well, looks like you guys started a ruckus with this whole Start Menu replacement talk! According to NRG's tweets, the next ROM is gonna have the option of a less memory-hogging Start Menu. I was thinking about dabbling with it but guess I'll just sit tight for now

@TheMOster there will be a release today.. working on it as we speak.. I need to make it as user friendly as possible. Thats my style.. 1 minute ago via Digsby in reply to TheMOster

@nixel2007 the start menu will look like the start menu in 6.1

Well so far, the Leo saved a whopping 60 megs by taking out the Start Menu. That's crazy... Testing on the Rhodium now. 24 minutes ago via Digsby

--------
EDIT: Wow, my 100th post! Kinda surprised, I didn't think I've made that many postings. OK, guess it's time to slow down!
Cool! Thats good news and thanks for sharing it with us.

BTW, 100 posts and a 915 rep... thats a great ratio!

David
Old 09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I'm going to quit answering keyboard questions. IMHO, if anyone is going to flash a new ROM, they should at least do a little reading before they flash and not go in blindly. Its by far the "most talked about" issue here. Heck, how many sprint keyboard fixes are linked in the cabs download?

.... I NEED COFFEE!

David

btw, I flashed 9/13 CHT last night and like it, however, I think I'm with swlarut on this. The 24xxx ROMS seemed to be quicker out of the gate. I may be going back to 9/4 in a few days...unless something new comes...which I'm sure it will.
Going to be make Sprint's keyboard the default layout from now on, so we can cut down on that kinda crap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
9/13 is way better than 8/22. Its rock solid & even better battery life! After flashing & using PIM backup (only for contacts, docs) Then Microsoft My Phone (only for ringtones) & then putting in ALL my settings manually, logging into all my programs & getting everything set up... I ended up with 65% battery left. Thats damn good if u ask me, usually I could damn near kill that first charge setting up my phone. Im still on that first charge right now & I want to see how long this battery will last...

Oh did I mention how fast the ROM is? MAJOR difference from past ROMs!! Lightening fast
Guess you changed your mind later on huh.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelermon View Post
White drains the battery much faster then black.
The GTX Themed is cool, but it must drain the battery faster then any other theme.
Has anyone noticed the difference?
That's a load of bull and I wish that myth would DIE already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
I'm still having the issue above on the latest 23*** cookie and I'm also having another issue. While using Excel, my phone will freeze up fairly often. Does anyone know if NRG is including a different version of Office or changed something with it? It was working perfectly up till after the Aug 25th versions. I could have lived with out hiding the column/row headers but the constant freezing is just annoying as he//.
I
ll have to look into that.

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Guess you changed your mind later on huh.... lol
Not at all, still on 9/13 and everything is starting to settle and the lag is gone! Well worth the upgrade lol

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 09-17-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-17-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

The god speaks to us, agh.. lol

By any chance NRG could you please add Cricket into carrier provisioning? I would so much rather use your carrier provisioning than some crappy arksoft cab to install and conflict with your SMS/MMS setup..
Old 09-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just an fyi on the new start menu thing. When I applied the cab to map the windows hard key my phone freeked. Pages and icons jumping everywere then sod. Turns out it was my OC. Took out the card ,reset, let settle, put card back in reoced and all is well. Dont know how NRGZ is going to set up the new menu, but I will apply before I OC.

Edit: WOW I was typing at the same time as the high and mighty, I'm humble.

Last edited by swlaraut; 09-17-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Staticworth is a n00b

For some reason my phone hangs up at the sms viewing screen, and i have to go into task manager and kill it or soft reset. which is killing me. also for some reason im not always getting all my texts, any help? But this is by far the my favorite ROM!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

If NRG was willing to bake in something like Panorama Launchpad that would have less memory leaks, and use less resources, and be all NRG'd out, I'm not sure I'd EVER get rid of this phone...

+1 on this one for sure...
Old 09-17-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [SPRINT]

3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
I'm running panoramic launher instead of quick menu and it's much better. (I have the start menu disabled) I have around 83mb of free ram

The nice thing about panoramic launcher is it gives you all of the system options back (you lose them if you choose quick menu)
Actually using the ControlPanel_shortcuts.rar will give you all the control panel stuff in Quick menu.

the shortcuts to the Settings.... by colossus

unzip the file and copy the folder ControPanel_shotcuts to \windows\start menu\Programs.

Then after softreset you will have all the settings in quick menu in the folder ControPanel_shotcuts.

Or you can add the settings you want as quicklinks in cookie quicklinks.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticworth View Post
For some reason my phone hangs up at the sms viewing screen, and i have to go into task manager and kill it or soft reset. which is killing me. also for some reason im not always getting all my texts, any help? But this is by far the my favorite ROM!
you know it's weird that you mention this, i got two pictures sent to me this morning by my brother and after it blinged that it was downloading them i picked the phone up and went to unlock the phone and it slide down almost all the way to the bottom of the screen but never fully unlocked, so of course i shut the phone off thinking it would finish downloading the pictures and then would work as normal, but that didn't happen, i had to soft reset the phone and then things were fine, first time it's happened to me on any of the roms, not that i got a lot of pictures sent to me, just thought i would share that in case anyone else had the same thing happen they would know that they are not the only one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development