View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 AM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Been trying:
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.12
and
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.12.s encity
on a few devices...

a. there is something wacky with battery usage compared to when I run the 2900x and 2315x ones. Some condition will make the battery usage run abnormally higher than usual until a soft reset. I have not pinned down what yet.

b. the red outlook contacts issue is still there, so I have to run the patches from the XDA folks.

c. subjectively, feels "snappier" than any of the 29007 releases from Jan.2011 series.

So here's one for you veterans I've seen a few posts here and at XDA about after coming from a soft reset/reboot Sense+CHT2000 fails to paint the home screen and sits at "Launching HTC Sense..." Where Sense did load, but just does not display the initial home tab.

This happens about a third of the time after a soft reset for me since ROMs I've tried from Dec.27 onwards, and on multiple TP2s.

Now I've been able to pin down it is due to the stuff I have in my \Windows\Startup, but those are all basic items. What I had to do to guarantee the home tab gets displayed is to reorder the startup. Here's my question...

I've searched high and low here and on XDA... is there anything else besides SKTOOLs where you can automate setting up the startup ordering?

SKTools is a very manual process to do this each and every time after a flash and their UI drives me nuts.

a. google searches, etc indicate that there are no exposed registry entries end users can modify to set the \Windows\Startup order except to run some kind of external tool to do this. eg, maybe a mortscript to do a bunch of RunWaits to run each startup item in a specific sequential order.

b. to provide a more specific example of what I am trying to do. According to SKTOOLs, the following gets executed in this order (again an example and not exact of my setup)
\Windows\Startup\iLock2.lnk (s2u2) = runs first
\Windows\Startup\Arkswitch.lnk = runs second
\Windows\Startup\QuickMenu.lnk = runs third

If I shift the order in SKTOOLs to make s2u2 run last, the Sense home tab comes up each and every time after a soft reset now.

Note that even if I remove questionable apps like s2u2 or arkswitch from startup, there's still enough (lockdevice.lnk, etc) make this happen without reordering.

c. I've run Kheb to get registry and file diffs before and after I run SKTOOLs to see what changes. Nothing in the registry shows this except the system hive file itself. Which I assume means... I am SOL.

Ok... sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance to anyone with insight
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 6 times.