PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
9/13 is way better than 8/22. Its rock solid & even better battery life! After flashing & using PIM backup (only for contacts, docs) Then Microsoft My Phone (only for ringtones) & then putting in ALL my settings manually, logging into all my programs & getting everything set up... I ended up with 65% battery left. Thats damn good if u ask me, usually I could damn near kill that first charge setting up my phone. Im still on that first charge right now & I want to see how long this battery will last...

Oh did I mention how fast the ROM is? MAJOR difference from past ROMs!! Lightening fast
I agree. So far 9/13 has been great. Battery is getting better as usual. My favorite, so far. I am using the 23xxx GTX. Of course, now that it is working great and the battery drain is good...I'll still flash the next one....a search for perfection...or maybe, I'm just a flashaholic.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

GPS issue. My GPS is only acccurate to within 2600 meters for some reason. I never had this problem with other ROMs. Is this a configuration change that's been cooked into the ROM? How can I change it back?

Edit: I'm running 9/13 21916 Cookie, Dinik Glass

Last edited by transcend73; 09-16-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend73 View Post
GPS issue. My GPS is only acccurate to within 2600 meters for some reason. I never had this problem with other ROMs. Is this a configuration change that's been cooked into the ROM? How can I change it back?

Edit: I'm running 9/13 21916 Cookie, Dinik Glass
A couple things to check:
  1. Open QuickGPS (start --> gps --> quick gps) and download the latest satellites.
  2. Open up AGPS settings (start --> settings --> system --> agps settings) and enable agps
  3. Open up your google maps, go to menu --> settings --> and make sure "use gps" is checked"

One of the first things I do after I flash.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
  1. Open QuickGPS (start --> gps --> quick gps) and download the latest satellites.
  2. Open up AGPS settings (start --> settings --> system --> agps settings) and enable agps
  3. Open up your google maps, go to menu --> settings --> and make sure "use gps" is checked"
good information/recommendation for him to use, same thing i do when i'm setting my stuff up also, but i don't rely only on my phone for nav anyways that's why i have a tomtom lol.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Customizing HTC ActionScreen and How to assign it as Power Button Application for any Windows Phone Device
This should help those in need to change the mapping of HTC action screen.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:00 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Lot's of stuff here, thanks. First, yes... :>)) was downloading, installing & putting your "NEW" cab in my Sashimi cab list...
Did some searching for status of Maxx battery saving cab, but not able to find what I'm looking for. I'm assuming some users apply his cab every flash, but I'm wondering how smoothly it's working with stereo BT. I remember seeing issues with the battery saving cab a few dozen (hundred?) pages back. I use my TP2 with stereo BT for music every day, so input is appreciated to avoid reflashing.

Also, anyone use the very latest Verizon VVM that was updated in MR2? I have the "VVM65_Pro_1.1.12.9.CAB", and tried a cab provided by llbored, but haven't found a stable cab of the latest version provided in MR2 (don't remember the latest version).

About to flash to sept 13th 23xxx cookie. Very excited to hear all the positive comments from the early flashers. Still running July 21st, but not for long!

Thanks guys!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
That did it. Sometimes it's the most basic things. I must have hit the "use GPS" switch by accident. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Customizing HTC ActionScreen and How to assign it as Power Button Application for any Windows Phone Device
This should help those in need to change the mapping of HTC action screen.
nice find, thanks for sharing with those that might want to change the action screen.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro soon to be TP2

Zero_Shadow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Shadow View Post
Hmm I seem to be having a data connection issue with my multiple flashes and am not really sure how to fix it.
I was first on the September 8th 23xxx build when I first started to have the problem I tried using the Carrier Provisioning and the Update Profile and PRL options but they didnt fix the problem. Then I flashed again to see if that fixed it nope still nothing.
So today I flashed to the new Sep 14 24xxx build and still have the same problem using the methods I did above and still nothing.
WhenI check the network settings it says its connecting to the Spirnt #777 but when I try to use any data I immediately get the Cant Connect message.
This most recent flash is only about 2 hrs old meaning I havent installed anything other than restoring my PIM data.
Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction.
TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
task29, reflash try data asap (does weather update) pim data has reg & dll info i think... if issues avoid those...
(last post :>))

Ok tried another flash without installing anything nor restoring my pim data data didnt work. Tried with also with performing the Carrier Provisioning for Sprint thats built into the rom but that didnt work either anything else I can try.

Last edited by Zero_Shadow; 09-16-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Shadow View Post
Ok tried another flash without installing anything nor restoring my pim data data didnt work. Tried with also with performing the Carrier Provisioning for Sprint thats built into the rom but that didnt work either anything else I can try.
i would say you got a bad download, try downloading the rom again as you shouldn't be having a no data issue, no one else has reported this issue and that makes me think it's something on your end, download rom, provision, boush sms/mms cab and should be good to go, let us know how it goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development