PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

I'm not sure about the ## codes as I rarely have to use them. For updating the PRL, I simply run the app after installing it and it loads the new PRL, suck as the new 60674 which it loaded for me yesterday.

Vin, seem sto be another stable ROM from what I've heard.

As far as freezing goes, that problem is almost allways tied to a problem with the micro SD storage card.

First, you want to make sure that you have a fast (I use a 8 gig class VI) card. Its not a bad idea to copy/backup whatever data you have on the card and reformat it or try another card if you have one.

Also, after flashing a new ROM, things will allways be slow for the first day or so. I call it "settling in" and I know that there is a lot of data going back and forth as the data light on my airvana seems to blink an awful lot after a fresh flash. It also takes a couple days to really get a good feel of how battery life is as well.

You may also want to consider overclocking (see link in my sig line). The newer ROMs are not native to our phones and are really pushing the hardware to its limits. Overclocking IMHO makes a huge difference on the TP2 with minimal risk. Its worh a try...I'm sure you won't go back to stock speed once you have OC'd. I'm currently at 748 and things are rock stable for me.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM
cseifer

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataman View Post
Hey Guys

I just got my TP2 and have been reading and working to get a nice stable release. the best one I found was Energy ROM that I like but it is not sprint friendly. the PRL and firmware and profile update settings are gone, the ## codes dont work in dialer.
I use Mr. X provisionin and Mr. X Prl Cabs and they work just fine with Energy Rom and get you up to date with sprint with no issues at all.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

dataman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I'm not sure about the ## codes as I rarely have to use them. For updating the PRL, I simply run the app after installing it and it loads the new PRL, suck as the new 60674 which it loaded for me yesterday.

Vin, seem sto be another stable ROM from what I've heard.

As far as freezing goes, that problem is almost allways tied to a problem with the micro SD storage card.

First, you want to make sure that you have a fast (I use a 8 gig class VI) card. Its not a bad idea to copy/backup whatever data you have on the card and reformat it or try another card if you have one.

Also, after flashing a new ROM, things will allways be slow for the first day or so. I call it "settling in" and I know that there is a lot of data going back and forth as the data light on my airvana seems to blink an awful lot after a fresh flash. It also takes a couple days to really get a good feel of how battery life is as well.

You may also want to consider overclocking (see link in my sig line). The newer ROMs are not native to our phones and are really pushing the hardware to its limits. Overclocking IMHO makes a huge difference on the TP2 with minimal risk. Its worh a try...I'm sure you won't go back to stock speed once you have OC'd. I'm currently at 748 and things are rock stable for me.

David
David Thank you....
this looks good now but I really want to try the OC'd over clocking please let me know mor ebaout it, is it in the rom or should I download the cab and what is the best way to set it up.

cleaning up the SD card helped.

one final thing, my old phone (mogul) has all my text msgs on it, it is also uploaded to myphone microsoft. I can download them from myphone but I just wanted to check that with you to see if that is a good idea or is there a better way to transfer the text messages?

Edit: I saw the overclocking discussion in your signature Dave
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post1914812
reading it now.

Last edited by dataman; 12-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseifer View Post
I use Mr. X provisionin and Mr. X Prl Cabs and they work just fine with Energy Rom and get you up to date with sprint with no issues at all.
cseifer,
Thanks for that reminder. Found the PRL update file but having trouble finding Mr. X provisioning cab. Can you post it and thanks.

Also, I notice on Energy rom 29005 Sencity CHT 2 rom my signal stays around 60% most all the time but flashing to other roms including stock, it stays usually aroung 100%. I wonder what the difference in this could be and thanks for all help.

Gary
Old 12-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Matt_x_M is a n00b

Using the Energy.RHODCDMA.29005.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.D ec.13.7z ROM for about a week now. No issues. Thanks to Teradog, I used his flash guide and learned a few things.
Also tried a few of his suggested Cabs. Great work.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

dataman,

IMHO, MS Myphone is the best way to back up and restore your contacts and text messages - for free - and migrate them from one phone to another.

I moved them from my mogul to my original TP to my TP2. Worked great for me.

David

Edit: a shameless plug for myself and all those here who help out. If we have helped you, please be kind and hit the "THANKS" button.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

I used MyPhone too, worked great from my old Palm Treo to the TP2 and ever time I flash. Let's you edit everthing on line too if you want.
Question: How do you know which is the latest PRL? They all have the same name on the clip list and no date or number or anything.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
I used MyPhone too, worked great from my old Palm Treo to the TP2 and ever time I flash. Let's you edit everthing on line too if you want.
Question: How do you know which is the latest PRL? They all have the same name on the clip list and no date or number or anything.
The cabs on the clip list are not the actual PRL's, they are the applications to update the PRL on your phone. I have sprint and use the Mr.X sprint PRL and profile update cab.

Install the cab and go to the settings folder and run the app from there. I think the latest (as of a couple days ago) sprint PRL is 60674.

Hope that helps.

David

EDIT: Good point alalor about knowing which is which. So many cabs get reposted and it fills the list up with a lot of duplicates...which s why I almost always link to the cab rather than reposting it. Also, none of the files are dated which makes it a bit more confusing. My usual fallback is to pick the one that has been downloaded the most. Not scientific by any means but it usually does the trick.

Last edited by DaveTN; 12-23-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
lol "noticeable side effect" Windows key (start) hard & soft no longer work, the only way to get to settings is via sense, not all settings are accessable! (for me on 29005 sencity) Not recommended IMHO...
Don't take this wrong NDuck, you've done great work here & have a cab or 2 of yours in my sashimi.. but this one gave me a laugh...

also,
can someone post the original windows/stbtn.exe (zipped up & attached) please.. I backed it up, but now can't find it
You can just rename the file and CHT will recreate it for you (kind of like a virus).

It did the trick for me with no side effects. I am using str8 CHT 2.0 with no smartkeys and the Manila start menu. All buttons are working fine for me. Some other reported that it helped them. Like most hacks, it may not work for everyone, so let the buyer beware.

I actually think the conflict may be with the latest version of VC and am going to try going back to an older version on my next flash. I will report back.

Either way, glad I could put a smile on your face you old Minnesnowtan dawg...

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 12-23-2010 at 10:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
You can just rename the file and CHT will recreate it for you (kind of like a virus).

It did the trick for me with no side effects. I am using str8 CHT 2.0 with no smartkeys and the Manila start menu. All buttons are working fine for me. Some other reported that it helped them. Like most hacks, it may not work for everyone, so let the buyer beware.

I actually think the conflict may be with the latest version of VC and am going to try going back to an older version on my next flash. I will report back.

Either way, glad I could put a smile on your face you old Minnesnowtan dawg...
:>)) funny thing is, that it was always happening & I never realized it until new york hunter mentioned it...

I wasn't kidding about someone zipping up the orig... I must have deleted it trying to overwrite the orig... if anyone has that Christmas spirit... :>))

*edit*
also... did anyone mention NRG twitter about having tasks widget on the homescreen making CHT 2 unstable & crash Sense?!

That may have been why I left it in the first place for SPB, iphone today, easy, etc.. thought I'd give it another try when my TP2 replacement came in a couple days ago.. worked fine until I restored everything... just about gave sense up again due to constant crash & restarts.. flashed 29005 & decided to do the old one cab at a time & rebuild Cookie step by step... never did add tasks back & it's working like a dream...! Good info & FYI!!

Last edited by teradog; 12-23-2010 at 11:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development