View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:49 PM
dataman
N00b

dataman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I'm not sure about the ## codes as I rarely have to use them. For updating the PRL, I simply run the app after installing it and it loads the new PRL, suck as the new 60674 which it loaded for me yesterday.

Vin, seem sto be another stable ROM from what I've heard.

As far as freezing goes, that problem is almost allways tied to a problem with the micro SD storage card.

First, you want to make sure that you have a fast (I use a 8 gig class VI) card. Its not a bad idea to copy/backup whatever data you have on the card and reformat it or try another card if you have one.

Also, after flashing a new ROM, things will allways be slow for the first day or so. I call it "settling in" and I know that there is a lot of data going back and forth as the data light on my airvana seems to blink an awful lot after a fresh flash. It also takes a couple days to really get a good feel of how battery life is as well.

You may also want to consider overclocking (see link in my sig line). The newer ROMs are not native to our phones and are really pushing the hardware to its limits. Overclocking IMHO makes a huge difference on the TP2 with minimal risk. Its worh a try...I'm sure you won't go back to stock speed once you have OC'd. I'm currently at 748 and things are rock stable for me.

David
David Thank you....
this looks good now but I really want to try the OC'd over clocking please let me know mor ebaout it, is it in the rom or should I download the cab and what is the best way to set it up.

cleaning up the SD card helped.

one final thing, my old phone (mogul) has all my text msgs on it, it is also uploaded to myphone microsoft. I can download them from myphone but I just wanted to check that with you to see if that is a good idea or is there a better way to transfer the text messages?

Edit: I saw the overclocking discussion in your signature Dave
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post1914812
reading it now.

Last edited by dataman; 12-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.