View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM
dataman
N00b

dataman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Hi dataman,

Thanks for mentioning the link in my sig line.

Actually, I have been flashing NRG regularly on my Sprint TP2 and have found it to be quite sprint friendly. NRG has even set them up now with the built in sprint keyboard fix and autoprovision.

First, for the PRL, I use the Mr.X prl updater found in the link you mentioned. Install it, soft reset and run the update.

Before you do anything though, go ahead and run the provisioning cab anyway in the tools folder just to be sure.

I don't use MMS and in the past most users have said to use the bousch mms fix but I think the mms is now fixed for sprint. not sure about that though.

I've flashed many roms including the mousey rom and some of the other big names but I allways come back to NRG. While there may be some minor annoyances that are easilly fixed, it is overall the most stable and consistent ROM I have used.

Theres also a few things you may want to ckeck out. Teradog and a few others have worked very hard in putting together a wiki faq for the rom and you can find a link to it in his sig line. Also, if you havn't already, I have some good basic faqs in my sigline as well. Most, if not all are from my experience with NRG.

Also, we're all pretty friendly around here and regularly answer any questions. While we are not directly tied to the ROM development, our collective experience really helps us in answering questions and solving problems.

You are off to a good start reading the last 40 pages. You may also want to look at the first few as well, if you haven't already done so.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on things here so if you need any help, feel free to ask.

Welcome to NRG!

David

First though,
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I actually came across Vindows ROM and I will give that a try as well. the other problem that I just found out about is that htc sense freezes almost everytime after I synced it with my outlook. I gave it couple resets and it is acting a bit better now I will let you guys know how it goes,

it is very cool that the provisioning cab is built in and I hope all this was explained on the first page. what else is needed to get this going on sprint network?
the provision tool fixed ## codes.
MR.X_Sprint_PRL_FW_Profile_Update.cab worked great
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...ile_update.cab

someone should add the pointer for provision cab and prl cab to the first post that would have saved me couple hours of time.

Last edited by dataman; 12-23-2010 at 07:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.