PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

I get the blank screen on regular builds and pressing END fixes it lol
Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
I still can't answer my phone when a call come in. It worked for a bit but now it stopped. Any ideas? Does anyone have reg edits that has the solution? I want to check agains what I have. It's frustrating because it did work for a bit....
As I post to you last page, #777 in this thread... Does your "search this thread link" on the top right not work? Here are 2 links that pulled up when I tried #777 in "search this thread".
09-28-2010, 04:54 PM Replies: 26,452
|RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018
Views: 1,906,230
Posted By DaveTN
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Go into registry editor>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Set tings Now under the list look for the Name: SuspendResum and if it says anything other than #777 then change it to #777. Fixes the...

Forum: CDMA TP2 Upgrades 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM

AND this one... BUMP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
ROM's:
* Sept 24 ROM 21679 is the new fallback standard. BASELINE ROM for 6.5.x
(imho)
......(DRM needs to go back farther to 23xxx I think)
* 21679 IS the 6.5.x ROM, replacing 23xxx, 24xxx, etc.. (Win & X key on bottom)
All Windows 6.5 BUILDS HERE: ~thanks SLY
Personally I'm on cookie 2 and with the phone answer fix I have no show stopping issues!

COOKIE 2 ISSUES/FIXES Sept 26 & 27 ROMs:
(SUMMARY)
*** HUGE fix #1 probably EVERYONE NEEDS for cookie 2 ROM ***
(Only IF you have this issue!!)
1a. Can't answer phone:
"Go into registry editor>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings Now under the list look for the Name: SuspendResum and if it says anything other than #777 then change it to #777. Fixes the slider and answering phone..."Original post here: thanks ...Agentz919
**Some say this cab does same thing but fix doesn't stick after reboot? answerPhoneFix_NoReset[1].cab Thanks Madjoker for cab this post
1b. Can't answer phone: Old problem with "Advanced Config" XDA discussion ~thanks buddywiser for bringing this to light again
2. Lockscreen issues, look here: Original post thanks Kiowa
3. Startmenu delays: Original post thanks kots
4. Sense restart loop: Space apart your home screen more, don't cram too much on. Slow down your Over Clocking one or 2 steps. (thanks Kiowa i think for OC tip)
5. Text/mail count resets to 0 without me checking it.
menu>CHT Editor>Widget settings>messages and check what your settings are for marking the messages as read, looks to me that it's going to mark the message as read at two seconds, try turning it off
~thanks Kiowa Original post here
(mine was off by default)

PLEASE DO NOT THANK THIS POST!! CLICK ON ORIGINAL POSTS & THANK!!
~please let me know if I should add, change or delete something here, or if I gave credit to wrong people
~please feel free to repost or give link back to this post to explain common questions over the next few days.
(don't/no need to credit me)
Here is the link to this post copy & paste into a future post to answer: 21679 & Cookie 2
** MMS fix cab download is the same as the last 200 times!! Search this thread for MMS
Or click on the beginning of the forum section, look for this thread & click the paper clip.
Clicking top left on this page does the same here:
CDMA TP2 Upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I installed the 21680 CHT 2.0 ROM Sept 29 and it worked great for a day, not I get non-stop sense restarts, soft reset does not work either. My only modifications to the default setup was to assign quick links and add tasks, appointments widget to the first home screen, where the big empty area is. I like the 21680 version, just wish there was a stable version of CHT to use.

Any ideas on how to stop the sense restarts?

dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasim View Post
how's every1 dealing without task manager on 21680 builds?
i know, that you can use an arkSwitch, but it's a such a paint in the S.
Everytime after i close my opera, i need to open ark and kill Opera?

Please share yr thoughts.
Use wktask, look in my sig "how to" link for setup AND I use rhodumkbd cab to map the back (left arrow) key long press to windows taskmanager for easy finger app kill.
Re. Opera kill... this isn't Android! Bottom right soft tab of Opera, exit. The correct way to exit Opera..!?

Last edited by teradog; 10-05-2010 at 11:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I manually edited the registry by setting SuspendResume to #777. I then waited 5 minutes and soft reset the phone. Phone boots up, data connection opens, still can't answer phone calls.

A quick check of the registry showed that the setting had reverted to gprs_bye_if_device_off.

Disable Sense, soft reset ---> #777 stuck, answering phone calls works.
Start Sense, no soft reset ---> gprs_bye_if_device_off is back

It seems likely that the CHT addons for the data driven profiles is behind this. How can that be fully disabled? Or maybe even corrupted by deleting files and registry entries?

Last edited by quick99si; 10-05-2010 at 11:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
I manually edited the registry by setting SuspendResume to #777. I then waited 5 minutes and soft reset the phone. Phone boots up, data connection opens, still can't answer phone calls.

A quick check of the registry showed that the setting had reverted to gprs_bye_if_device_off.

I'm going to look into the cause.
1. NRG twittered something about email on cookie screen I think
2. FB app causing (others reported)
3. ? One more... I'll update when I think of it

NRG twitter
  1. So if you're running a Cookie 2.0 ROM and noticed that bug, try removing the mail widget. I had mine on and removing it did the trick... 3:55 PM Oct 1st via Digsby
  2. A user in the TP2 thread (ppcgeeks) found that if you have the mail widget enabled on any screen, then your talk button stops working.. 3:55 PM Oct 1st via Digsby
Don't know if widget hotfix helps that or not..
  1. Hotifx for being able to install addon widgets in Cookie 2.0. > http://digs.by/aq55x9 10:59 AM Oct 1st via Digsby

Last edited by teradog; 10-05-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
1. NRG twittered something about email on cookie screen I think
2. FB app causing (others reported)
3. ? One more... I'll update when I think of it

NRG twitter
  1. So if you're running a Cookie 2.0 ROM and noticed that bug, try removing the mail widget. I had mine on and removing it did the trick... 3:55 PM Oct 1st via Digsby
  2. A user in the TP2 thread (ppcgeeks) found that if you have the mail widget enabled on any screen, then your talk button stops working.. 3:55 PM Oct 1st via Digsby
Don't know if widget hotfix helps that or not..
  1. Hotifx for being able to install addon widgets in Cookie 2.0. > http://digs.by/aq55x9 10:59 AM Oct 1st via Digsby
I do not have any widgets enabled (including mail) nor did I change anything related to Facebook.

I'm interested in know what the "autodata config" is supposed to do. It's at the absolute bottom of "Other Settings" in Sense settings. It links to adc.exe which cannot be executed because it's not recogized as a PPC application.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

+1 on this autodata config

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 10-05-2010, 11:30 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
I do not have any widgets enabled (including mail) nor did I change anything related to Facebook.

I'm interested in know what the "autodata config" is supposed to do. It's at the absolute bottom of "Other Settings" in Sense settings. It links to adc.exe which cannot be executed because it's not recogized as a PPC application.
hmmm dunno
Here's what I did and it has stuck... hard... like flies on s***..
CHTEditor, uncheck everything, save, exit...
reboot, went to start, settings, more settings, today, >>, uncheck htc sense, regedit change, reboot, go back in & recheck htc sense, then recheck all your CHTEditor stuff..

*EDIT* SEE THIS POST INSTEAD: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1966348-post26475.html

Last edited by teradog; 10-05-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I have the CHT Sceduler set to "Manually." In the Scheduler's Main Settings, you can set it to vibrate x times on "Any Data change" and I can tell exactly when the registry key gets reset to the auto-disconnect string. It vibrates 3x as Sense is loading.

Disable CHT Scheduler's data management in the Day and Night profiles ---> SuspendResume stays at #777

Last edited by quick99si; 10-05-2010 at 11:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone having problems download the latest Standard ROM this morning? Hotfile seems to hang at 16mb-24mb and stops.
Anyway, it may be heavy traffic or because I am tethering in a hotel at the moment...
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
I have the CHT Sceduler set to "Manually." In the Scheduler's Main Settings, you can set it to vibrate x times on "Any Data change" and I can tell exactly when the registry key gets reset to the auto-disconnect string. It vibrates 3x as Sense is loading.
i'll say it again, go uncheck everything... do the regedit & DON"T recheck CHTeditor stuff & see if it sticks before adding Cookie stuff back in. (will edit post above)

WHAT ROM??

*edit* :>)) 1st thing to shut off is CHTScheduler!!! NRG is REMOVING it from any further ROM builds!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development