PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

If anyone is looking for the best,simplest,easiest to install and startup,and most stable version of Android 2.2 ive tried yet go over to xda and search Project Android. I havent tried android on my TP2 in a while so i looked over there and forund 2 cabs released Sept 29,Froyo 2.2 reference,and Blazn 2.2. All u have to do is install the cab to your SDCARD ONLY, and then reset your device.Then just let windows boot,go to your start menu and press the new Project Android MJG icon there and enjoy. U will have to set your device;RHOD400,RHOD500,etc,and then i enable everything except for the overclock.If i use the overclock i set it to its lowest(modest)setting,but i usually dont use OC at all.It seems more stable withou OCing.Its not perfect,but its a great build of Android 2.2 to play with on our TP2.Thats what im gonna play with until CHT 2.0 is finalized,or at least the Sense Restart loop issue is resolved,or the sense restart issue all together.
Cant remember exactly what post i found the cabs on but they are definetely worth giving Android a shot on your T.P.2.Its Android 2.2,almost fully functional,on our TP2s.Im sure i gave enough info in the first paragraph to find the correct cabs if u search XDA,PPCgeeks,or even google.Try it if u havent yet.It works pretty well.Full talk,text,mms,data,wifi,but no camera,no BT,and a cpl minor bugs.
Theonly recommendation is that u use an sdcard with a C4 or C6 rating,because Android is run completely from the sdcard and using a 8GB C6 sdcard made a difference for me when i first used a 16GB C2 sdcard.Not a huge difference,but a noticeable difference,especially when clicking on a link and the delay before the link opens.Things like that.Sorry for keep going on, but this is definetly worth checking out.Its just a simple cab install and uninstall cab to get android and then remove android.Its so simple and its a good mostly functional Android.Its not a rom or an emulator.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

If you can't answer your phone calls and you DON'T have any mail widgets, then CHTScheduler is responsible for resetting SuspendResume to gprs_bye_if_device_off. I fixed it by doing the following:

- Open CHTScheduler
- Ensure that Current Mode is set to "Manually"
- Under Main Profiles, press Day / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings ---> OFF
- Under Main Profiles, press Night / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings ---> OFF
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
i'll say it again, go uncheck everything... do the regedit & DON"T recheck CHTeditor stuff & see if it sticks before adding Cookie stuff back in. (will edit post above)

WHAT ROM??

*edit* :>)) 1st thing to shut off is CHTScheduler!!! NRG is REMOVING it from any further ROM builds!
Messing around in CHT Editor didn't do anything, I've toggled a bunch of settings, restored settings, etc.. a few times without success. The scheduler, even when obviously disabled, still tinkers with the data connection by changing the SuspendResume entry. See my post above to see what did it for me.

And I'm on 9/29 6.5 CHT2.0b with absolutely no customizations to the CHT Scheduler besides the fix posted above.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
If anyone is looking for the best,simplest,easiest to install and startup,and most stable version of Android 2.2 ive tried yet go over to xda and search Project Android. I havent tried android on my TP2 in a while so i looked over there and forund 2 cabs released Sept 29,Froyo 2.2 reference,and Blazn 2.2. All u have to do is install the cab to your SDCARD ONLY, and then reset your device.Then just let windows boot,go to your start menu and press the new Project Android MJG icon there and enjoy. U will have to set your device;RHOD400,RHOD500,etc,and then i enable everything except for the overclock.If i use the overclock i set it to its lowest(modest)setting,but i usually dont use OC at all.It seems more stable withou OCing.Its not perfect,but its a great build of Android 2.2 to play with on our TP2.Thats what im gonna play with until CHT 2.0 is finalized,or at least the Sense Restart loop issue is resolved,or the sense restart issue all together.
Cant remember exactly what post i found the cabs on but they are definetely worth giving Android a shot on your T.P.2.Its Android 2.2,almost fully functional,on our TP2s.Im sure i gave enough info in the first paragraph to find the correct cabs if u search XDA,PPCgeeks,or even google.Try it if u havent yet.It works pretty well.Full talk,text,mms,data,wifi,but no camera,no BT,and a cpl minor bugs.
Theonly recommendation is that u use an sdcard with a C4 or C6 rating,because Android is run completely from the sdcard and using a 8GB C6 sdcard made a difference for me when i first used a 16GB C2 sdcard.Not a huge difference,but a noticeable difference,especially when clicking on a link and the delay before the link opens.Things like that.Sorry for keep going on, but this is definetly worth checking out.Its just a simple cab install and uninstall cab to get android and then remove android.Its so simple and its a good mostly functional Android.Its not a rom or an emulator.
if you look 1/4 inch above your post you'll see "*ANDROID"
... in my sig, you'll find everything you mentioned there & more :>))..
The post is now a sticky... meaning the mods stuck it to the top of the TP2 android forum... let me know if you have any Q's :>))
... only 2 pages back:
Quote:
shameless plug...
start with my sticky "simple guide.." (android link in my sig)

Last edited by teradog; 10-05-2010 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:01 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Messing around in CHT Editor didn't do anything, I've toggled a bunch of settings, restored settings, etc.. a few times without success. The scheduler, even when obviously disabled, still tinkers with the data connection by changing the SuspendResume entry. See my post above to see what did it for me.

And I'm on 9/29 6.5 CHT2.0b with absolutely no customizations to the CHT Scheduler besides the fix posted above.
now my memory is coming back... (now that I know your ROM) I'm on 6.5.x (680).. I believe the 6.5 people were having more issues, did you search #777 in "search this thread" & look for others with your build?
*edit*
WHOOAA: I reread your post... :>))
"I fixed it by doing the following:"
DONE, fixed???
TAKE NOTE: looks like another fix??
Quote:
..I fixed it by doing the following:
- Open CHTScheduler
- Ensure that Current Mode is set to "Manually"
- Under Main Profiles, press Day / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings ---> OFF
- Under Main Profiles, press Night / press Data Connection / set Change Data Settings ---> OFF

Last edited by teradog; 10-05-2010 at 12:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

locomariachi is just getting started

anyone having any issues running the latest 9/29 cookie 2.0 rom and android? i boot into android, and then it drops signal bars from 3 to 1 then have no service. it will go back and forth from all those, but when i boot up back in to WM my signal is also poor in a good reception area. Also, I have the problem with being able to answer/make calls. I tried that fix by quick99si and will see if that continues happening.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasim View Post
how's every1 dealing without task manager on 21680 builds?
i know, that you can use an arkSwitch, but it's a such a paint in the S.
Everytime after i close my opera, i need to open ark and kill Opera?

Please share yr thoughts.
For opera to really exit when you exit, just edit your registry to the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Preload
RealExit=1

I don't know what nrg puts in his roms (may already be there), but you can use AMeBa to have applications close when you push the 'X' button. I use Resco Taskmanager myself. It installs with resco explorer and is also included in Anastasia Advance End-key!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
now my memory is coming back... (now that I know your ROM) I'm on 6.5.x (680).. I believe the 6.5 people were having more issues, did you search #777 in "search this thread" & look for others with your build?
*edit*
WHOOAA: I reread your post... :>))
"I fixed it by doing the following:"
DONE, fixed???
TAKE NOTE: looks like another fix??
Yeah the steps I posted above completely resolved the issue. I've done soft resets, Sense restarts, new data connections, test calls and it's working perfectly.

I'm able to answer every call every time whereas prior to those changes, I got the usual problem where I was unable to pick up a call.

I spent like 30mins searching the thread and nothing that was posted worked for me. People said "xxx fixed it for a while but it came back" and that's because it only happens during active data connections, so you get the problem sporadically. I monitored the registry and confirmed that #777 stays put the whole time.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

zsunsun is just getting started

I'm currently having two issues. (EnergyRom Cookie)

1. when data is connected i get active sync icon instead of usual two arrows

2. I can't find a way to change SMS to show time sent instead of time received
this is very inconvenient for me as I frequently go inside the building without any signal for many hours. And I have no clue when someone sent me a message to grab a lunch or something.

I tried searching for solution but came up with nothing. Anyone know how to change sms time stamp?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Yeah the steps I posted above completely resolved the issue. I've done soft resets, Sense restarts, new data connections, test calls and it's working perfectly.

I'm able to answer every call every time whereas prior to those changes, I got the usual problem where I was unable to pick up a call.

I spent like 30mins searching the thread and nothing that was posted worked for me. People said "xxx fixed it for a while but it came back" and that's because it only happens during active data connections, so you get the problem sporadically. I monitored the registry and confirmed that #777 stays put the whole time.
I resolved my issue, wasn't having it, but many apparently were... you may have just helped a bunch of people if this wasn't mentioned before... so gave you a bunch of thanks...
Mine was in manual mode.. not sure but i think I was having issues & hit that... then did the #777 after... (few days ago...)

WHY do you have to do more than putting in manual mode...? From the looks of it... looks like it disables both day & night (look at half auto.. ), so I'm not sure why you'd need the last 2 steps, shutting off data settings in each!?

I remember messing with all the settings to get the icons out of the top middle of the screen... can't remember if manual mode is what did it... *edit* no disregard, that was "show CHTS icons" off

Again, have you tried just turning to manual & seeing if the #777 sticks?

Last edited by teradog; 10-05-2010 at 02:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development