View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

If anyone is looking for the best,simplest,easiest to install and startup,and most stable version of Android 2.2 ive tried yet go over to xda and search Project Android. I havent tried android on my TP2 in a while so i looked over there and forund 2 cabs released Sept 29,Froyo 2.2 reference,and Blazn 2.2. All u have to do is install the cab to your SDCARD ONLY, and then reset your device.Then just let windows boot,go to your start menu and press the new Project Android MJG icon there and enjoy. U will have to set your device;RHOD400,RHOD500,etc,and then i enable everything except for the overclock.If i use the overclock i set it to its lowest(modest)setting,but i usually dont use OC at all.It seems more stable withou OCing.Its not perfect,but its a great build of Android 2.2 to play with on our TP2.Thats what im gonna play with until CHT 2.0 is finalized,or at least the Sense Restart loop issue is resolved,or the sense restart issue all together.
Cant remember exactly what post i found the cabs on but they are definetely worth giving Android a shot on your T.P.2.Its Android 2.2,almost fully functional,on our TP2s.Im sure i gave enough info in the first paragraph to find the correct cabs if u search XDA,PPCgeeks,or even google.Try it if u havent yet.It works pretty well.Full talk,text,mms,data,wifi,but no camera,no BT,and a cpl minor bugs.
Theonly recommendation is that u use an sdcard with a C4 or C6 rating,because Android is run completely from the sdcard and using a 8GB C6 sdcard made a difference for me when i first used a 16GB C2 sdcard.Not a huge difference,but a noticeable difference,especially when clicking on a link and the delay before the link opens.Things like that.Sorry for keep going on, but this is definetly worth checking out.Its just a simple cab install and uninstall cab to get android and then remove android.Its so simple and its a good mostly functional Android.Its not a rom or an emulator.