PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
When I first post about zero on this thread probably a month ago, it's real snappy, exact quote... We all know Windows has always had issues with memory (on pc's).. insatiable... in the old days ALL problems to our server farm issues came down to one simple phrase... "ADD RAM". Windows does a great job with GPS, bad with memory, zero allows Windows to manage it, over the next couple days (if that long), keep your eye on memory (start, settings, system, memory) when having issues, I found it under 10 megs more than once... didn't want to free memory even with clean RAM progs... I've written a TON on this, search if you want to know more. FYI, I'm at PP10 (page pool of 10). Over Clocked (OD'd) to 710, so it's fast & stable.
yeah i just noticed that it was on 12 and then 11.. SMH.. someone suggested setting it to 6 on XDA.. i have always had it at 12. i may try 6 and see if that works. i just have to fid the live pp changer so i dont have to re-flash. i just hate when it gets so low and closed out palringo.. SMH.. i thought there was a fix not to close apps on low memory.. maybe it was for the last rom not the 28th.. i have to search the registry.

Last edited by eazy2001x; 09-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
full body slam.. (just like your avatar.. ha) hey watch it i can still hit "remove thanks" (about 100 of them on your case.. 1500 rep here we go...) HA! lol... yep, they've been tremendous.. :>))
& u think i forgot about u???? NO!!! If it wasnt for all your thanks I wouldnt be anywhere near VIP. I would still have over 1000 rep points to go right now!!! Ur part was already understood
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
& u think i forgot about u???? NO!!! If it wasnt for all your thanks I wouldnt be anywhere near VIP. I would still have over 1000 rep points to go right now!!! Ur part was already understood
LOL!!!!!!!!! Great humor.... all jesting is all..... :>)) just for that, I'm givn you more! ha!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

umm guys mind getting a room.... :P

Just kidding stil congrats on VIP and for all the help you guys give on the forums

i do have 1 question does anybody use the software epocrates??cuz in the last rom ( i think the 24th version) i had no problems but now using the 228th cookie dinik version i seem to be missing the scroll bars in the program making it impossible to use.Anyone else seeing that?

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

Last edited by docnas; 09-03-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pmal19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
I noticed it but it never really bothered me.

though, what does annoy me is while reading texts and in the middle of read one, a new one comes in and makes the screen jump around. annoying but I can deal with it.

btw, that lock screen is pretty sweet. where did you get it?
Looks like ive received some good input, the fact that some people cant replicate the problem leads me to believe that it could be something I have installed. Now that I think about it, it could have something to do with previewing text messages on my lockscreen. Thats the only thing I install after flashing that remotely has to deal with text messaging.

The fact that other people use this rom , still have the problem, and probably don't use pocketshield isn't too encouraging. Then again there are other people who cant reproduce the same result which is also intriguing.

I'm not a huge fan of HTC messaging so I did have to create my own shortcut to tmail.exe to put them on the home tab. I doubt that a basic shortcut could lead to a problem like that.

The skin works with pocketshield and its based off one thats orange. I changed the colors myself to that style of blue to match this rom, if you're interested in it let me know.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Oh yea, off topic again.. but may help someone... talking about SD card... (taking the long way)
Couldn't get the new Droid builds to run, although I've been running them on my SD card for months. Got out the magnifying glass noticed chdsk & then a long loop (lasted all night once). Took out a 1 gig I had deleted files, put on android Blazen, still not working, (tested so much the exact order gets mixed up but I'll get to the point soon)... tried tons of diff startup.txt files as I deleted all my old working ones when I cleaned some old stuff up.. finally downloaded the froyo reference, & no go, FORMATTED the SD card & everything started working. 1. PROBLEM -> SD card

But, I wanted it on an 8 gig I have tons of stuff on & 6 gig's of music since sound is working now on Droid... couldn't get it to work, for many hours... was looking around cleaning up crap like the htc folder & deleted the entire applications directory as well... and then I found a nightmare!!!!!! In the DCIM directory I found FULL of thumbnails..2. (thumbnail directory) so I tried to delete some.. 1/2 hour later, I stopped it, OC'd to max & deleted more... 1/2 hour later I was not even close to done. In hindsight I'd have put it in a card reader & deleted using the PC, but not sure if that would have been faster.... 1.6 hours of straight deleting 10's of thousands of thumbnail files... Go check yours... Unreal.. I also copied off all pics & vids, but that took less than 10 min!

redid entire droid, still no go, but felt good getting all that crap off my card..
Had to fix one of my PC's so I could off load the SD card... copied all the stuff & 3. reformatted the 8gig SD 2 times, copied it all back on (took 35 min?? 6MB/sec class 6 should have??) cleaned out the entire root directory, reinstalled the droid cab, copied over the startup.txt & WALA EVERYTHING WORKS... NICE.

Notice above.. the problem? 2 times was 2 different SD cards. A few pages ago Dave TN & I both recommended to a guy not to use his SD card (he said not use, I said get new one) as he was going to dump his tp2 for an EVO... If you have problems, REFORMAT YOUR SD CARDS!!!!!!!!!

At least 20 hours of work on this. I may even go back & see if I can get the Blazen cab to work.. but am too tired right now.. anyway, thought that may help someone..
I highly agree and is why i switched to a different sdcard when i was having SOD issues and it appeared to help,especially with the cabs i install via sdcard.Thanks alot for elaborating on the issue. The only other thing ive noticed is that with extremely old micro sdcards that have been used an formatted and reformatted many different times can sometimes just seem to wear out. Reformatting usually fixes most sdcard problems but sometimes they just wear out.So if u only have 1 sdcard and u have already reformatted and u are the only one experiencing a specific problem then buy a new sdcard,format it correctly and try again. It cant hurt.Thanks again for elaborating the issue for those who havent considered it yet.Its worth a shot.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
lbcary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
So hey I see a lot of people using cricket with their TP2.. I have a cab to install to get MMS/WAP working if anyone needs it PM me with your email.. On mobilespeedtest.com I am pulling over 7mbs on crickets mobile web (not kidding) Although latency is around 700-1000ms.. Anyone else have data cabs I can try out to see if the latencies get better or test themselves to see what they get on the 5 or 7mb test?
I run my Sprint branded Touch Pro 2 on Cricket and have use alot of HTC devices on cCricket. I use NRGZ Aug 25 CHT Dinik Glass rom with Sprint 2.32.00 radio and the 04399 PRL. My average speed,EVDO,on the 1MB setting on mobilespeedtest using IE was always aroun 4000kbs,but using the 2MB setting it was always around 7500kbs,give or take.On Opera,the version cooked into NRGZ roms the 1MB test was between 3800-5000kbs were the average,EVDO,speeds and on the 2MB setting the average speeds were right around 5300-5800kbs. So in my testing IE was a little fatser than Opera,but i havent tried Opera 10 with the Turbo setting turned on. Id like to see that. But my T. Pro is full functional on NRGZ roms with;Data,Text,MMS,GPS,Talk,Email-via wifi for now,Facebook and much more. HTC WM devices work excellent on Cricket when setup correctly. So your speeds are consistent with mine and im in Omaha,NE. Glad to compare.
I only did 2 tests using only Opera using the 7MB setting and both speeds were right at 7700kbs with a latency of both almost exactly at .79. The latencty on all settings is between .650-1.050, but i only checked latency using Opera. So i cant speak about IE latencies. Thanks again for the comparisons.

Last edited by lbcary; 09-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:41 PM
dtjohnst

Hey guys,

anyone been able to get searches to work in igo8? When I end up with a search box, for some reason those weird A's with the circle above them just keep showing it, as if someone was pressing a circle-A key and holding it down. Maybe keyboard driver issues? It's a Telus TP2 if that matters.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I highly agree and is why i switched to a different sdcard when i was having SOD issues and it appeared to help,especially with the cabs i install via sdcard.Thanks alot for elaborating on the issue. The only other thing ive noticed is that with extremely old micro sdcards that have been used an formatted and reformatted many different times can sometimes just seem to wear out. Reformatting usually fixes most sdcard problems but sometimes they just wear out.So if u only have 1 sdcard and u have already reformatted and u are the only one experiencing a specific problem then buy a new sdcard,format it correctly and try again. It cant hurt.Thanks again for elaborating the issue for those who havent considered it yet.Its worth a shot.
SD cards have a finite number of read/write cycles and do eventually go bad. Sometimes formatting them will buy you a little more time and use out of them but eventually they will fail.

Also, the higher the "class" of the card, the higher the speed/transfer rate. I used to use a class II 4 gig card that really slowed things down such as my music. Swithched to a C VI 8gb card and there is no turning back. Everything I run off the card is fast, fluid and smooth.

The brand you use also makes a difference. I don't trust the "ebay" knockoffs and almost consistently have problems with them. Chineese crap. Even some "branded" ones ended up being convincing knockoffs so be careful who you buy from and stick with well known manufacturers.

If my phone all of a sudden starts acting wonky, the first thing I do (after a soft reset) is swap out my memory card.

David
Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

I too have found IE to give me greater speeds vs opera. It's good to have someone to campair things to.. I have a cab that fully sets everything up on cricket but I have no idea how to post it on here.. Sure would be nice if NRG could add it to carrier provisioning..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development