View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
So hey I see a lot of people using cricket with their TP2.. I have a cab to install to get MMS/WAP working if anyone needs it PM me with your email.. On mobilespeedtest.com I am pulling over 7mbs on crickets mobile web (not kidding) Although latency is around 700-1000ms.. Anyone else have data cabs I can try out to see if the latencies get better or test themselves to see what they get on the 5 or 7mb test?
I run my Sprint branded Touch Pro 2 on Cricket and have use alot of HTC devices on cCricket. I use NRGZ Aug 25 CHT Dinik Glass rom with Sprint 2.32.00 radio and the 04399 PRL. My average speed,EVDO,on the 1MB setting on mobilespeedtest using IE was always aroun 4000kbs,but using the 2MB setting it was always around 7500kbs,give or take.On Opera,the version cooked into NRGZ roms the 1MB test was between 3800-5000kbs were the average,EVDO,speeds and on the 2MB setting the average speeds were right around 5300-5800kbs. So in my testing IE was a little fatser than Opera,but i havent tried Opera 10 with the Turbo setting turned on. Id like to see that. But my T. Pro is full functional on NRGZ roms with;Data,Text,MMS,GPS,Talk,Email-via wifi for now,Facebook and much more. HTC WM devices work excellent on Cricket when setup correctly. So your speeds are consistent with mine and im in Omaha,NE. Glad to compare.
I only did 2 tests using only Opera using the 7MB setting and both speeds were right at 7700kbs with a latency of both almost exactly at .79. The latencty on all settings is between .650-1.050, but i only checked latency using Opera. So i cant speak about IE latencies. Thanks again for the comparisons.

Last edited by lbcary; 09-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.