View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Oh yea, off topic again.. but may help someone... talking about SD card... (taking the long way)
Couldn't get the new Droid builds to run, although I've been running them on my SD card for months. Got out the magnifying glass noticed chdsk & then a long loop (lasted all night once). Took out a 1 gig I had deleted files, put on android Blazen, still not working, (tested so much the exact order gets mixed up but I'll get to the point soon)... tried tons of diff startup.txt files as I deleted all my old working ones when I cleaned some old stuff up.. finally downloaded the froyo reference, & no go, FORMATTED the SD card & everything started working. 1. PROBLEM -> SD card

But, I wanted it on an 8 gig I have tons of stuff on & 6 gig's of music since sound is working now on Droid... couldn't get it to work, for many hours... was looking around cleaning up crap like the htc folder & deleted the entire applications directory as well... and then I found a nightmare!!!!!! In the DCIM directory I found FULL of thumbnails..2. (thumbnail directory) so I tried to delete some.. 1/2 hour later, I stopped it, OC'd to max & deleted more... 1/2 hour later I was not even close to done. In hindsight I'd have put it in a card reader & deleted using the PC, but not sure if that would have been faster.... 1.6 hours of straight deleting 10's of thousands of thumbnail files... Go check yours... Unreal.. I also copied off all pics & vids, but that took less than 10 min!

redid entire droid, still no go, but felt good getting all that crap off my card..
Had to fix one of my PC's so I could off load the SD card... copied all the stuff & 3. reformatted the 8gig SD 2 times, copied it all back on (took 35 min?? 6MB/sec class 6 should have??) cleaned out the entire root directory, reinstalled the droid cab, copied over the startup.txt & WALA EVERYTHING WORKS... NICE.

Notice above.. the problem? 2 times was 2 different SD cards. A few pages ago Dave TN & I both recommended to a guy not to use his SD card (he said not use, I said get new one) as he was going to dump his tp2 for an EVO... If you have problems, REFORMAT YOUR SD CARDS!!!!!!!!!

At least 20 hours of work on this. I may even go back & see if I can get the Blazen cab to work.. but am too tired right now.. anyway, thought that may help someone..
I highly agree and is why i switched to a different sdcard when i was having SOD issues and it appeared to help,especially with the cabs i install via sdcard.Thanks alot for elaborating on the issue. The only other thing ive noticed is that with extremely old micro sdcards that have been used an formatted and reformatted many different times can sometimes just seem to wear out. Reformatting usually fixes most sdcard problems but sometimes they just wear out.So if u only have 1 sdcard and u have already reformatted and u are the only one experiencing a specific problem then buy a new sdcard,format it correctly and try again. It cant hurt.Thanks again for elaborating the issue for those who havent considered it yet.Its worth a shot.
This post has been thanked 4 times.