PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Off topic: If anyone's got tethering working on a SPRINT TP2 Android (SD card), PLEASE PM me with details, I'll hit your thanks button LOTS! (please don't point me to all the droid apps, I've tried most.. do YOU have it working?)
Thanks in advance (i'll write up a faq on it once I get it to work & credit YOU) :>))
FYI: T-tank is already empty today, may get more tonight..
Old 09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)
Carrier: Sprint

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
More precisely, exact locations vary depending on diff ver of same model (sprint tp2 vs tilt) From top right to the lower right of the "metal strip" (in-call speaker screen) to the left side of it (mine) the tiny little plastic tab.
Parts & pieces, TP2 breakdown pics:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...33#post1198733
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87533
Sensor apps: http://wmpoweruser.com/tag/light-sensor/

You may have the Cookie spacing syndrome... You're putting your items to close together on your screens, space them out..
I took off the calendar and just changed the clock to Flip/w weather. I only had that clock and 2 row's of quick links showing. I've never needed my home screen this empty to maintain stability. After a hard reset, the problem stopped. I guess the flip clock is a problem.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
I took off the calendar and just changed the clock to Flip/w weather. I only had that clock and 2 row's of quick links showing. I've never needed my home screen this empty to maintain stability. After a hard reset, the problem stopped. I guess the flip clock is a problem.
Take 5 seconds, breath deep, GREAT you have your problem solved... now
start adding again one by one... start with the clock, make sure NOTHING overlaps. ON ANY cookie screen! Use it for a while, if happens with that clock switch clocks, if there's not enough, look here...
http://www.xda-developers.com/window...r-cht-updated/
http://www.xda-developers.com/window...kies-home-1-7/
I actually use compact flip clock everywhere... It's still to big, so I push it as high as I can get it, gets cut off by the top of the screen... but still functions & no problems. WHY? I like to do everything with voice command, if not I want a 1 button push (no menu searching) max of 2, so I REALLY load up my home cookie screen... had same prob myself... can't remember the exact symptoms, but think same as yours.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

p1garcia is a n00b

Has anyone noticed the hardware keyboard FN orange buttons on the 3rd and 4th rows are flip flopped around. Is there a fix for this?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1garcia View Post
Has anyone noticed the hardware keyboard FN orange buttons on the 3rd and 4th rows are flip flopped around. Is there a fix for this?
Yup, noticed - and fixed - it many times.

Look in the downloads link in my sigline for sprint keyboard fix.

David
Old 09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
DATBIODAME

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE GOING VIP RIGHT NOW!! (was going to yesterday, but didn't have enough, you were @ 1840.. from 1950 to 2020 oughta do it,..... *edit* DONE VIP baby!!! :>))
(tons of others are involved especially DaveTN, certainly I'm just a part of thanking you for your help... i just HATE TO LEAVE SOMEONE HANGING ON THE EDGE!!)

(sometimes it's quick, other times seems to take forever to update sys to show it, i've heard a mouse over will show.... they may only update @ midnight or something...)
Thank U I do appreciate it!! It does feel good to finally be a VIP & feels even better to help a fellow geeker
Old 09-03-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
CONGRATS to our newest VIP, Datboidame. Great job man! We really appreciate all of your consistent help!

David
Thanks man, most of the credit goes to u & kiowa69. I learned everything from u guys!!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

Ok, so this is what's happening. I did a hard reset and when everything loaded up a gave the phone a few minutes to breath. I did the carrier provisioning then the mandatory soft reset. I then synced my phone with my gmail account to get my contacts back. All was fine. I added my email accounts(1 comcast, 1 yahoo and 2 gmails) and the screen started going blank on it's own again. It's not CHT as I had thought. I'm scratching my head on this one.

I just burned out a 16gb memory card and would really like to put my new 4gb card in, but I feel worried about doing so because the phone is tweaking so much. I would hate to loose another card.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmal19 View Post
This is about the 6th time I have deleted my previous post and posted a new one in the efforts to clarify this problem. I really cant comprehend how such an impressive rom can have such a huge annoyance.

And apparently nobody understands the problem.
I figured the picture by picture problem guide would help out, but if I need to make a video to show how adamant I am about getting this problem fixed I will do it.

This problem has followed the rom build to build, and every time it angers me more.

Still having the problem viewing text messages in tmail.exe (just the default windows mobile

texting application)

when the conversation screen is full with back and fourth messages and a new one is

received, it opens the new message below all of the other messages and doesnt scroll the

screen down. Thus I have to scroll down to see it. Every, dang, time.

Im surprised nobody else has posted about this problem, can any heavy texters weigh in on this?

Here is the visual progression from receiving a text, to accessing text app from the home tab, to opening a text, and the last image is after I have scrolled down, the problem is that it hangs on the 2nd to last image and doesnt show the message

for the sake of page space, I wont imagelink the images, but you can follow the progression

http://pmal.host22.com/images/ScreenShot3.Jpeg
http://pmal.host22.com/images/ScreenShot4.Jpeg
http://pmal.host22.com/images/ScreenShot5.Jpeg
http://pmal.host22.com/images/ScreenShot6.Jpeg
stays like this until I scroll down, showing the message
http://pmal.host22.com/images/ScreenShot7.Jpeg
I noticed it but it never really bothered me.

though, what does annoy me is while reading texts and in the middle of read one, a new one comes in and makes the screen jump around. annoying but I can deal with it.

btw, that lock screen is pretty sweet. where did you get it?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Thanks man, most of the credit goes to u & kiowa69. I learned everything from u guys!!
full body slam.. (just like your avatar.. ha) hey watch it i can still hit "remove thanks" (about 100 of them on your case.. 1500 rep here we go...) HA! lol... yep, they've been tremendous.. :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
Ok, so this is what's happening. I did a hard reset and when everything loaded up a gave the phone a few minutes to breath. I did the carrier provisioning then the mandatory soft reset. I then synced my phone with my gmail account to get my contacts back. All was fine. I added my email accounts(1 comcast, 1 yahoo and 2 gmails) and the screen started going blank on it's own again. It's not CHT as I had thought. I'm scratching my head on this one.
I just burned out a 16gb memory card and would really like to put my new 4gb card in, but I feel worried about doing so because the phone is tweaking so much. I would hate to loose another card.
Burned out a 16GB, hmmm I'm guessing the other way around, look at my post from yesterday discussing formatting SD cards.. sorry, i'm on 3 diff. sites, multiple threads, can't remember all your details, could you resummarize with ROM, & if you've task29, deleted storage card, applications, htc directory, etc.. please... if I don't get back to you someone can help easier... also, you're restoring email or manually inputting the settings again? it may matter...

*edit* found it:
"Aug.20th rom and my screen kept going blank requiring me to hit the power button twice to turn it back on. I just "flash danced" back to stock and back to the latest NRGZ CHT rom and everything was fine until I went to change my clock through "Edit Home Layout" in the menu softkey. Now the screen is going blank again randomly."
Try task29 (should be same thing as dance, but i'd try), also use the 4GB SD!! (cheap, don't think ROM can burn them out.. washing machine didn't :>)) Didn't see you deleted htc directory on SD above.. try some of that..

Last edited by teradog; 09-03-2010 at 03:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development