PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

i resolved all my issues.. i had to re-download the rom again and re-flash.. i also tried a 0 (dynamic page pool) page file this time and so far.. i love it.. my phone seems verry fast.. i dont know about memory problems yet but its deff snappyer than b4.. ill know for sure by the end of the wekeend.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kenlewisesq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Turn off hyperactive active sync... start, settings, personal, phone, >> (top right arrows hit 3 times), Time sync (tap), get settings(tap), uncheck box (time sync with mobile net...) DON"T worry an oldschool trick, ASync will still work fine, just save memory by not having that darn thing running all the time.. (also about 10 diff ways to get to that setting.. that may be the toughest but it's the old way, i remember..)

FYI, most likely believe it or not.... my ear ALWAYS turns off my phone!!!! ALWAYS!! I've got the auto black sleep screen via the light sensor on that dims it durning a call etc.. but the way I hold the phone & talk somehow always navigates to settings & turns on airplane mode...!!! (i pace as i talk, the phone comes off ear just slightly, allows enough light to turn on screen, some how navs to com mgr & shuts it off!!!??)

Ha! the first 10 times I thought I oughta play the lottery (which i never have or will).. what are the odds??? But now over 100 times... I just call them back :>)) Long story short... could be the same happening to you??
I will try the Time Sync trick and see what happens. I use Bluetooth 100% of the time so I don't have any issues with my phone hanging up or anything - it is just that during a call I will invariably see the WiFi turn itself on. I have seen a few posts on XDA related to this issue but on the HD2 and there was no resolution posted. One theory was that it is related to the Cookies Home WiFi toggle button (something about it not actually turning WiFi off all the way).
Old 09-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
FYI, most likely believe it or not.... my ear ALWAYS turns off my phone!!!! ALWAYS!! I've got the auto black sleep screen via the light sensor on that dims it durning a call etc.. but the way I hold the phone & talk somehow always navigates to settings & turns on airplane mode...!!! (i pace as i talk, the phone comes off ear just slightly, allows enough light to turn on screen, some how navs to com mgr & shuts it off!!!??)
The "ear" sensor that turns the screen off during the call is actually the metal strip that covers the ear speaker. Give it a try... make a call hold the phone in front of you. Touch the metal strip and see what happens.

Sometimes screen protectors and phone covers (like the bodyglove case) can interfere with how it works and the screen wills tay on while you are in a call. Its the main reason I no longer use my bodyglove case.

David
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

CONGRATS to our newest VIP, Datboidame. Great job man! We really appreciate all of your consistent help!

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
I am back to the 23xxx Aug 22 build...
I was on a call earlier and call dropped said "Signal Faded". I have noticed that if I grasp the phone towards the top [around volume area] that my signal bars will instantly drop. It that a common thing? Hold your phone in a couple random places and see if you notice a signal difference.
3Matthew3
Search threads TONS of posts about this issue. Grab it on the bottom 2/3. Can go from 1 bar to all... another may have answered.. if not, pull bk cover, black tape across L to R above camera lens is the antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Yeah thats very true but I average 2 days with average use & thats good enough for me, thats why I literally didnt have the time to let the Aug28th build settle. That one was always draining on me
2 days???!!! I'm lucky if I get 12 hours! Wifi on 8, BT on 1, in car on GPS always, voice command everything, always have 2-3 apps running... talking on the phone... wowsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
i resolved all my issues.. i had to re-download the rom again and re-flash.. i also tried a 0 (dynamic page pool) page file this time and so far.. i love it.. my phone seems verry fast.. i dont know about memory problems yet but its deff snappyer than b4.. ill know for sure by the end of the wekeend.
When I first post about zero on this thread probably a month ago, it's real snappy, exact quote... We all know Windows has always had issues with memory (on pc's).. insatiable... in the old days ALL problems to our server farm issues came down to one simple phrase... "ADD RAM". Windows does a great job with GPS, bad with memory, zero allows Windows to manage it, over the next couple days (if that long), keep your eye on memory (start, settings, system, memory) when having issues, I found it under 10 megs more than once... didn't want to free memory even with clean RAM progs... I've written a TON on this, search if you want to know more. FYI, I'm at PP10 (page pool of 10). Over Clocked (OD'd) to 710, so it's fast & stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlewisesq View Post
I will try the Time Sync trick and see what happens. I use Bluetooth 100% of the time so I don't have any issues with my phone hanging up or anything - it is just that during a call I will invariably see the WiFi turn itself on. I have seen a few posts on XDA related to this issue but on the HD2 and there was no resolution posted. One theory was that it is related to the Cookies Home WiFi toggle button (something about it not actually turning WiFi off all the way).
Ahhh.. info not in your first post! (BT 100%) wow, hows that on your battery? you even get 6 hours? Sounds like you'll become the SME on this one, if no one answers make sure you post back if you find the solution. May want to change BT headset also, just for a test! Very possible.

Last edited by teradog; 09-03-2010 at 02:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Yes the hardware keyboard . No it's not the OC , happens even if I don't OC .
If you've had the same problem across flashes, it's probably a hardware problem. Do the whole Hard reset- task 29- flash- hard rest thing, then try it out before you load ANY cabs. If the keyboard still freezes, you've got a hardware problem. If not, load cabs one by one and see if anything causes the freezing.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
there is all this talk about Task29 but dont really have an idea what it does. Is it like installing the stock rom and doing the "flash dance"?

Heres all the information you (and everyone else who is interested) needs:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=Task29

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920

Two very excellent and informative posts (and the threadstarters need to be thanked) that I wish I had enough room left in my sig line to add the posts.

David

EDIT: Updated my FAQ's page to include the task29 links.

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-03-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Heres all the information you (and everyone else who is interested) needs:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=Task29

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920

Two very excellent and informative posts (and the threadstarters need to be thanked) that I wish I had enough room left in my sig line to add the posts.

David

EDIT: Updated my FAQ's page to include the task29 links.
Yeah, I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes, however it only takes a few seconds and it definitely doesn't hurt. In my experience the hard reset/flash/hard reset cures most problems. I usually throw in task 29 when I miss-time the hotfile download and I've HR and am ready to flash before the ROM has finished downloading.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

I'm sorry if this has been spoken on before, but I flashed the Aug.20th rom and my screen kept going blank requiring me to hit the power button twice to turn it back on. I just "flash danced" back to stock and back to the latest NRGZ CHT rom and everything was fine until I went to change my clock through "Edit Home Layout" in the menu softkey. Now the screen is going blank again randomly. Does anybody have this issue and is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
The "ear" sensor that turns the screen off during the call is actually the metal strip that covers the ear speaker. Give it a try... make a call hold the phone in front of you. Touch the metal strip and see what happens.David
More precisely, exact locations vary depending on diff ver of same model (sprint tp2 vs tilt) From lower right side of the "metal strip" (in-call speaker screen) big circle on R hand 1/3rd.. to the left side of it (mine) the tiny little plastic tab.
Parts & pieces, TP2 breakdown pics:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...33#post1198733
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87533
Sensor apps: http://wmpoweruser.com/tag/light-sensor/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
I'm sorry if this has been spoken on before, but I flashed the Aug.20th rom and my screen kept going blank requiring me to hit the power button twice to turn it back on. I just "flash danced" back to stock and back to the latest NRGZ CHT rom and everything was fine until I went to change my clock through "Edit Home Layout" in the menu softkey. Now the screen is going blank again randomly. Does anybody have this issue and is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance.
You may have the Cookie spacing syndrome... you may be putting your items to close together on your screens, space them out.. talks about it somewhere in here..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590

Last edited by teradog; 09-03-2010 at 01:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development