PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [SPRINT]
Carrier: Sprint

3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
You read my mind. I was going to ask if there was a screenshot and there you have it...
Thanks...and thanked.

David
Yeah, actually looks and works really slick and responsive. If you pretty much just follow those instructions from that post mentioned earlier, it's a pretty cut and dry installation.

basically adjust Arkswitch field, install QuickMenu, run start menu remover, install X-button cab... other registry setting mentioned just brings back your windows icon in the lower left corner... otherwise you just have your two soft keys widely spaced at the bottom. Took me a total of 10 minutes to free up a ton of ram and have a pretty nifty start menu.

*other handy step to do from that post is download the Control Panel shortcuts and unzip the file and copy the folder ControPanel_shotcuts to \windows\start menu\Programs.

Then after softreset you will have all the control panel settings in quick menu in the folder ControPanel_shotcuts.

Or you can add the settings you want as quicklinks in cookie quicklinks.

let me know your thoughts if you check it out...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Hello, thank you for the fast replies. I put a sim card (the sprint one) and now tethering works again!!! Thank you Whotahn
I have had the GTX 24634, not sure why, I tried the cookie energy first, then this one came out, and wanted to try this one too. I don't remember well but I think I had more ram on the cookie energy 21*** from Sept 4. GTX has been running for 6 days. Crashed about once a day, gets slow sometimes, so I just reboot (easy now with the hole). I thought I would give you all smart people (including the Chef) some feedback. I turn off the automatic weather updates and have no idea how to use twitter, (not even sure what it is actually), battery life is average, but I have frequent access to a charger (either on the computer, car or nightstand).
I am going to try cleanram as Kiowa suggested, thank you. (do you go surfing there by the way?).
This is kind of unrelated, how do you load your avatars? I get an empty box and a link that doesn't work that says "do not use avatar" and find no way to fix it or load one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:07 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

"Much thanks to the poster of that XDA link awhile back."
Your welcome, how quick we forget... (yesterday :>)))))
(had to post :>)) was starting to get PPCGeeks withdrawl shakes)

Use the link from yesterday (pics in xda post):
Post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=16392
Thread: |MULTI LANG|BLAC|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018
**In that post you'll also find a reg edit when set to zero will reshow your startmenu softkey (step 4)
**Then use Xbutton in startmenu/tools to map the soft startmenu key to quickmenu
*edit* REPORTED that this isn't needed so reboot & if winkey pulls up quickmenu Next step isn't needed.
If win key doesn't pull up quick menu do this:**Then use the Rhod keyboard controller cab (papercliped to this thread) to map your Windows (startmenu) hard key to quickmenu also!!
To easily undo everything in 20 seconds run this: Restore Start menu.cab
From my "HOW TO" link in sig.

VERY COOL, with that & Browser tweeks, OC'd @ 729... grease lightning...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ STOP HERE below line for reference only ~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1945332-post25301.html
Check out these links!! YOU HAVE to do this if your not... amazing
Gain 37MB of RAM by disabling the native WM6.5(.x)start menu ! !
Better post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=16392
Follow exactly easy & amazing.. make sure you run x-button enabler 2.cab @ the end

Discussion with NRG about it yesterday also:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1945628-post25324.html
How about going back to quick menu & dumping start menu for another 10-20 MB of RAM like your Jan ROMs? No biggy, I can do myself easy enough, (most of the way down in my HOW TO sig link)?

The original post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1940729-post25017.html
91 MB free after sense loads!
Settles @ 86ish as screen darkens after 3 min. I'm running this right now!!!
You're not going to believe this...
What would you be willing to give up to get this?
Still have Sense & Cookie, same...
OCMan StartMenu Replacement, yep... 10 to 20 megs more by dumping the startmenu & getting this one! So, yes, you need to start using the sense settings, but all other settings are still there as zprogramname
Download & XDA thread
ATTACHMENTS to that thread... all downloads

1/2 way down in my sig link "HOW TO"
SPEED!
1. Over Clock your TP2 here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...74#post1907574
710 is stable & FAST, especially running on battery all day.
2. 37MB more RAM?? I get 10-20MB more!!
Follow each of the 5 easy steps
3. Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested - xda-developers there's a lot of discussion about bandwidth & ...

I also post a link somewhere stating I believe this is the 3rd most important thing that's happened to the TP2, behind Android & OC.. Yipee (still think so)

*edit* Post has been edited so I can refer back to it, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
Currently running Aug 22 23xxx Cookie PP:12
Took the advice from a couple dozen pages back about Start Menu Removal / Replacement.
xda-developers - View Single Post - |MULTI LANG|BLAC|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018
Must say that if you follow the instructions and install the cabs, it really does work like a charm. I currently boot with 92mb free and after running for awhile, idle at about 85-87mb free. Start menu replacement is really ... I TOTALLY recommend giving it a shot. [especially if you use CHT for the quicklinks mainly anyways]
Much thanks to the poster of that XDA link awhile back.
Attached a pic of my hometab with the start menu open, if you wanna check it out.
3matthew3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I went ahead and flashed the 9/13. Its just as stable and battery life is a little better but its definitely not as smooth as 8/22, startin to get a little lag. I been debatin whether to give that a try but from ur screen shot I might!! It really reminds me of the start menu from my palm treo 700WX (great phone, great memories)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
You read my mind. I was going to ask if there was a screenshot and there you have it... Thanks...and thanked.
David
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
Yeah, actually looks and works really slick and responsive. If you pretty much just follow those instructions from that post mentioned earlier, it's a pretty cut and dry installation.
basically adjust Arkswitch field, install QuickMenu, run start menu remover, install X-button cab... other registry setting mentioned just brings back your windows icon in the lower left corner... otherwise you just have your two soft keys widely spaced at the bottom. Took me a total of 10 minutes to free up a ton of ram and have a pretty nifty start menu.
*other handy step to do from that post is download the Control Panel shortcuts and unzip the file and copy the folder ControPanel_shotcuts to \windows\start menu\Programs.
Then after softreset you will have all the control panel settings in quick menu in the folder ControPanel_shotcuts.
Or you can add the settings you want as quicklinks in cookie quicklinks.
let me know your thoughts if you check it out...

Last edited by teradog; 10-18-2010 at 02:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
"Much thanks to the poster of that XDA link awhile back."
Your welcome, how quick we forget... (yesterday :>)))))
(had to post :>)) was starting to get PPCGeeks withdrawl shakes)

Yesterday:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1945332-post25301.html
Check out these links!! YOU HAVE to do this if your not... amazing
Better post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=16392
Follow exactly easy & amazing.. make sure you run x-button enabler 2.cab @ the end

Discussion with NRG about it yesterday also:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1945628-post25324.html
How about going back to quick menu & dumping start menu for another 10-20 MB of RAM like your Jan ROMs? No biggy, I can do myself easy enough, (most of the way down in my HOW TO sig link)?

The original post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1940729-post25017.html
91 MB free after sense loads!
Settles @ 86ish as screen darkens after 3 min. I'm running this right now!!!
You're not going to believe this...
What would you be willing to give up to get this?
Still have Sense & Cookie, same...
OCMan StartMenu Replacement, yep... 10 to 20 megs more by dumping the startmenu & getting this one! So, yes, you need to start using the sense settings, but all other settings are still there as zprogramname
Download & XDA thread
ATTACHMENTS to that thread... all downloads

1/2 way down in my sig link "HOW TO"
SPEED!
1. Over Clock your TP2 here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...74#post1907574
710 is stable & FAST, especially running on battery all day.
2. 37MB more RAM?? I get 10-20MB more!!
Follow each of the 5 easy steps
3. Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested - xda-developers there's a lot of discussion about bandwidth &
Its a crying shame that I can only thank this post once!!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, thank you for the fast replies. I put a sim card (the sprint one) and now tethering works again!!! Thank you Whotahn
I have had the GTX 24634, not sure why, I tried the cookie energy first, then this one came out, and wanted to try this one too. I don't remember well but I think I had more ram on the cookie energy 21*** from Sept 4. GTX has been running for 6 days. Crashed about once a day, gets slow sometimes, so I just reboot (easy now with the hole). I thought I would give you all smart people (including the Chef) some feedback. I turn off the automatic weather updates and have no idea how to use twitter, (not even sure what it is actually), battery life is average, but I have frequent access to a charger (either on the computer, car or nightstand).
I am going to try cleanram as Kiowa suggested, thank you. (do you go surfing there by the way?).
This is kind of unrelated, how do you load your avatars? I get an empty box and a link that doesn't work that says "do not use avatar" and find no way to fix it or load one.
Thanks & Thanked for the feedback! & U have to have 50 posts before u can load a custom avatar
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
LOL sorry bout that bro, u got rep anyway. The next one is yours!
Thanks, that's ok. I'm sure everyone here agrees, rep is the last thing on the mind. Sharing and having a good time is what it is all about. BTW, I opened my big mouth a few posts earlier about not caring about battery life UNTIL today when I left opera on while the while the cable guy was here, then rushed out w/out the spare. UGGHH. Battery life held great though. Thanks to all of the power saving tips.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Its a crying shame that I can only thank this post once!!
Well then, let me help you
Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Preciate it lol
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
*1. Looks like STL is alive tonight.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Preciate it lol
btw... Thanks for the 22nd ROM link, nice to have as a backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
*1. Looks like STL is alive tonight.
Yeah, I love this site and hate it... spend WAY too much time on here lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development