PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 02:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Yeah Im not seeing #777 anywhere. I see suspendresume and the data value is gprs_bye_if_device_off
You're gonna end up not able to answer calls. Believe me it will happen. You will slide the slider or hit the hard answer key and it will keep ringing. The other entry that is commonly seen for this registry entry is "~GPRS". That one will also cause problems.
Here's what to do as a test.
1. There is a battery program on your phone, I think it's "lbattery" or something in the tweaks folder. Run it with your data off no other programs runnings. Note your current draw. This is in miliamps. Let everything settle down for a minute and take note of the number.
2. Update your weather on the weather tab and while it's updating check your current draw. Make a note of the highest number you see.
3. Watch your data connection icon. When it disconnects take note of the current draw. Now Let it settle down and take note of the number.
4. Change the registry setting above to #777. Reset phone.
5. Update your weather. Check current draw. Note highest number seen.
6. Wait about 1 minute to ensure that the weather update is complete.
7. Take note of your data connection icon. Still on? Check current draw. Remember let it settle for about a minute.
I'll bet the numbers you get from #3 and #7 will be about the same if not identical.
This proves that even though the data connection is connected it is not REALLY active and not drawing any current.
Let me know what you come up with.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:18 AM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediyuhdigg View Post
My TXT, Mail and SYM key's on the hardware keyboard do not work. Can anyone else confirm / know the fix?
J.eremy keyboard fix. Already posted. Check the files area.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:21 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
My TXT, Mail and SYM key's on the hardware keyboard do not work. Can anyone else confirm / know the fix?
Yeah I never noticed this before. You are not alone. I am having the same issue, but I never used these keys until now so it isnt a problem for me, but if your like me and just want everything to work then maybe someone has a fix. Me on the other hand doesnt have a fix but I can confirm that on my TP those keys are not working either.....Now I am curious to find a fix, but its late. Ill search tomorrow for one.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
People, People, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been mentioned more times than my dog has peed on my floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a button at the top of the page called search. Don't say you tried, cuz if you had you would have found it. It has been mentioned in this thread a thousand times. That being said, I will throw you a bone and give ya a freebie. I took my own advice and searched for it,(even though I don't need it, cuz I have already done this) and if you go to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ix#post1099885 you will find your precious lil keyboard fix version two. But Seriously guys, stop being lazy and search please, I am going to go insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:26 AM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
You're gonna end up not able to answer calls. Believe me it will happen. You will slide the slider or hit the hard answer key and it will keep ringing. The other entry that is commonly seen for this registry entry is "~GPRS". That one will also cause problems.
Here's what to do as a test.
1. There is a battery program on your phone, I think it's "lbattery" or something in the tweaks folder. Run it with your data off no other programs runnings. Note your current draw. This is in miliamps. Let everything settle down for a minute and take note of the number.
2. Update your weather on the weather tab and while it's updating check your current draw. Make a note of the highest number you see.
3. Watch your data connection icon. When it disconnects take note of the current draw. Now Let it settle down and take note of the number.
4. Change the registry setting above to #777. Reset phone.
5. Update your weather. Check current draw. Note highest number seen.
6. Wait about 1 minute to ensure that the weather update is complete.
7. Take note of your data connection icon. Still on? Check current draw. Remember let it settle for about a minute.
I'll bet the numbers you get from #3 and #7 will be about the same if not identical.
This proves that even though the data connection is connected it is not REALLY active and not drawing any current.
Let me know what you come up with.
Okay just as a confirmation. The resume suspend thats value data is the gprs.....blah blah blah... change that value to #777 and conduct the test? Or conduct the test with the gprs value....note my findings....change the value to #777 and conduct the test again and note my findings and compare my results? Just to make sure Im understanding correctly.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Ya know, I am just curious, We keep raising the Battery Poll, I wonder how far we can go before we cook the phone? lol. Has anyone tried lets say 50000? (I would, but I paid to damn much for my phone to kill it.)
You know from the research I have just done. The Battery PollInterval just adjusts how often the phone checks the battery status. Thus reporting the battery percentage. Increasing this number to 30000 is 30 minutes. Now follow me here.
You check your battery strength and it is say 88%. You just so happened to have done this right after a polling. Now you do some internet browsing and whatnot and 25 minutes later you check your battery level and it says 88%. So, you think WOW great battery life. You run one simple program or say send a text and then happen to look at the battery at the 30 minute mark and it's down to 75%. Dang that musta been a very long - heavy - hard to move through the airwaves, text message. See what I'm getting at here?
Increasing polling will probably conserve a bit of energy but I doubt it's that much if you increase past say 10 or 15 minutes. Probably a lot of placebo here.

Quote:
With all the tweaks I did. My purpose was to try and cut down on the use of as many programs as I could. I honestly feel that the 1 percent increments is a battery drainer. It just seems that it has to run constantly in order to keep the correct poll interval. I could be wrong tho. I just felt that the less programs running and the less polling the battery does the longer the battery life will last.

Also off the subject. How do you post screen shots of your phone? I would REEEALLY like to show my aesthetic tweaks I have done. My phone looks so good. I sometimes just turn it on...scroll my finger from home to programs and back, admiring the swiftness of Energy's hard work along with my good taste in phone tweak fashion and then turn my phone back off. I love it. And how do I add a picture to my profile?
I use "Shake and Save" for screenies. In UserCP you should be able to add an Avatar.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:29 AM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
People, People, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been mentioned more times than my dog has peed on my floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a button at the top of the page called search. Don't say you tried, cuz if you had you would have found it. It has been mentioned in this thread a thousand times. That being said, I will throw you a bone and give ya a freebie. I took my own advice and searched for it,(even though I don't need it, cuz I have already done this) and if you go to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ix#post1099885 you will find your precious lil keyboard fix version two. But Seriously guys, stop being lazy and search please, I am going to go insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!!!! LMAO!!! HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
"People, People, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been mentioned more times than my dog has peed on my floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
WOW!! Now that was funny as all hell!! Thanks for all of your hlep man I will thank you for this post. I will thank you just for that quote alone. lmao!!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Squishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
With all the tweaks I did. My purpose was to try and cut down on the use of as many programs as I could. I honestly feel that the 1 percent increments is a battery drainer. It just seems that it has to run constantly in order to keep the correct poll interval. I could be wrong tho. I just felt that the less programs running and the less polling the battery does the longer the battery life will last.

Also off the subject. How do you post screen shots of your phone? I would REEEALLY like to show my aesthetic tweaks I have done. My phone looks so good. I sometimes just turn it on...scroll my finger from home to programs and back, admiring the swiftness of Energy's hard work along with my good taste in phone tweak fashion and then turn my phone back off. I love it. And how do I add a picture to my profile?
You, sir, put the "geek" in "PPCgeeks"!! LOL God bless you, sir.

As for your off-topic questions... for a good screen capture program, I'd start by browsing freewarepocketpc.net. They have a lot of free programs that will totally defeat your purpose of minimizing running software. lol

Do a search on that site for "screen capture" and you'll get several hits. I'd love to see your mods to the theme- I'm a big fan of customizing the look and feel of the device myself.

And to add a pic to your profile- click on "User CP" at the top of the window. The "CP" stands for "Control Panel"... not the illegal CP if you visit 4chan often. On the left under "settings and options" is "edit avatar"... you can figure it out from there.

Finally, boost my rep because I typed 797 characters for you.
d/l: 1293 bps u/l: 293 bps
Simply "Almost" Everything Plan
Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Increasing polling will probably conserve a bit of energy but I doubt it's that much if you increase past say 10 or 15 minutes. Probably a lot of placebo here.
Thats what I figured. I didn't think that increasing the time between battery polls could save it that darn much! Go Lumos, The True battery saver.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 AM
337 L.V.

[QUOTE=ahuskins;1182333]You know from the research I have just done. The Battery PollInterval just adjusts how often the phone checks the battery status. Thus reporting the battery percentage. Increasing this number to 30000 is 30 minutes. Now follow me here.
You check your battery strength and it is say 88%. You just so happened to have done this right after a polling. Now you do some internet browsing and whatnot and 25 minutes later you check your battery level and it says 88%. So, you think WOW great battery life. You run one simple program or say send a text and then happen to look at the battery at the 30 minute mark and it's down to 75%. Dang that musta been a very long - heavy - hard to move through the airwaves, text message. See what I'm getting at here?

Yeah that makes sense, but my battery at 30000 is very accurate. I took my phone off the charger at 1230 this afternoon and it is 130 in the morning and I am at 33 percent. 4 green battery bars. If the polling really did lag the actual percent of the battery then my phone should really almost be dead by now or it should have died alreayd. I do see that increasing this number will eventually give you a non accurate percentage number, but at 30000 I think it is pretty accurate. I wouldnt go any higher. I am satisfied right here. Thanks for your logic. Makes pretty good sense.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro