View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:28 AM
ahuskins
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Ya know, I am just curious, We keep raising the Battery Poll, I wonder how far we can go before we cook the phone? lol. Has anyone tried lets say 50000? (I would, but I paid to damn much for my phone to kill it.)
You know from the research I have just done. The Battery PollInterval just adjusts how often the phone checks the battery status. Thus reporting the battery percentage. Increasing this number to 30000 is 30 minutes. Now follow me here.
You check your battery strength and it is say 88%. You just so happened to have done this right after a polling. Now you do some internet browsing and whatnot and 25 minutes later you check your battery level and it says 88%. So, you think WOW great battery life. You run one simple program or say send a text and then happen to look at the battery at the 30 minute mark and it's down to 75%. Dang that musta been a very long - heavy - hard to move through the airwaves, text message. See what I'm getting at here?
Increasing polling will probably conserve a bit of energy but I doubt it's that much if you increase past say 10 or 15 minutes. Probably a lot of placebo here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
With all the tweaks I did. My purpose was to try and cut down on the use of as many programs as I could. I honestly feel that the 1 percent increments is a battery drainer. It just seems that it has to run constantly in order to keep the correct poll interval. I could be wrong tho. I just felt that the less programs running and the less polling the battery does the longer the battery life will last.

Also off the subject. How do you post screen shots of your phone? I would REEEALLY like to show my aesthetic tweaks I have done. My phone looks so good. I sometimes just turn it on...scroll my finger from home to programs and back, admiring the swiftness of Energy's hard work along with my good taste in phone tweak fashion and then turn my phone back off. I love it. And how do I add a picture to my profile?
I use "Shake and Save" for screenies. In UserCP you should be able to add an Avatar.
This post has been thanked 1 times.