View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 AM
youngpro83
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

[QUOTE=ahuskins;1182333]You know from the research I have just done. The Battery PollInterval just adjusts how often the phone checks the battery status. Thus reporting the battery percentage. Increasing this number to 30000 is 30 minutes. Now follow me here.
You check your battery strength and it is say 88%. You just so happened to have done this right after a polling. Now you do some internet browsing and whatnot and 25 minutes later you check your battery level and it says 88%. So, you think WOW great battery life. You run one simple program or say send a text and then happen to look at the battery at the 30 minute mark and it's down to 75%. Dang that musta been a very long - heavy - hard to move through the airwaves, text message. See what I'm getting at here?
Increasing polling will probably conserve a bit of energy but I doubt it's that much if you increase past say 10 or 15 minutes. Probably a lot of placebo here.

Yeah that makes sense, but my battery at 30000 is very accurate. I took my phone off the charger at 1230 this afternoon and it is 130 in the morning and I am at 33 percent. 4 green battery bars. If the polling really did lag the actual percent of the battery then my phone should really almost be dead by now or it should have died alreayd. I do see that increasing this number will eventually give you a non accurate percentage number, but at 30000 I think it is pretty accurate. I wouldnt go any higher. I am satisfied right here. Thanks for your logic. Makes pretty good sense.