PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
I also changed the disconnect from "disabled" to "disconnect data after 1 minute" which is advised on the touchpro tweaks list
On previous builds battery output was the same with the data off as when the data was on but not active (ahuskins' work/research), don't know that 920 is different? In the past the "disable data" has been associated (by myself and others) with a unstable Tachi dialer. Have you had any dialer issues? Will be interested in hearing more after a few days of use. Thanks for the info. Hope it's ok I cut out most of your post.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-21-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsez View Post
I've been a longtime silence rom fan. Since he is moving on.. i'd like to try out NRGZ and warm up to his furute roms.

My txts and pics are back'd up in myphone; contacts in gmail and call logs via PIMbackup. that leaves the MMS.
How do i backup arcsoft MMS and restore sprint arcsoft mms after installing NRGZ??

Thanks
To INSTALL MMS run the uninstall cab first, soft reset then install Arcsoft, soft reset. I run a different version than Sprint Arcsoft but I ASSUME myphone will back up once you install the app.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab (2.0 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Okay I am back at my battery tweaks again to prolong the battery life on this wonderful fast rom that Energy has created, and I have definitely done some regedits that have helped my battery life tremendously! First I went into regedit and changed my poll interval to 30000. It doesnt hurt anything and I have had this setting for about 3 days. It really does make a big difference in battery life. I also installed the cab from cody the performance and battery cab. Im sure someone here will have the direct download. I then went into the touchpro tweak settings Energy has already installed in his rom and I disabled phone as a modem. I also changed the disconnect from "disabled" to "disconnect data after 1 minute" which is advised on the touchpro tweaks list. Then I went into advanced config and went into power management and I enabled EVERYTHING EXCEPT SIM POWER MANAGEMENT. I DO NOT SOFT RESET WHEN PROMPTED. I then let my battery get down to about 20 to maybe 30 percent at the most. The easiest way to do this is cut on the back light all the way and disable auto back light from turning off and let the phone sit until the battery drains itself. Browsing the web on wifi really helps drain the battery as well. Then when its down to about 20 percent I plugged in the charger and soft reset my phone and let it charge fully without any interruptions. Once it was fully charged I took it off the charger at 12:23 for work. I am now off and it is now 11 oclock and I am at 66%!! And with the 1 percent increments 66 percent is 7 green battery bars out of 10. Thats almost 10 and a half hours and my phone still has 7 green battery bars!! I am so impressed with this because I fought to get good battery life with this rom. Please if anybody has anymore battery tweaks they would like to share please post them because I wouldnt mind having more battery life. This is the longest my battery ever lasted since Ive had this phone. Not even MightyMikes battery on his roms lasted this long. Also keep in mind that I text very heavily, I browse a lot with facebook and email and I have been tweaking my phone like crazy after Energy upgraded his rom version. I was so mad at having to restart my phone, but it was definitely worth the hard reset. I love Energy Rom!!! GO ENERGY GO!!
Great enthusiasm!
Let's break these tweaks down and see what's really happening.

1. Changing the poll interval is ok but I wonder if this is the timing for the battery monitor and display of battery %. Most tweaks I've seen set this to 25000. To each his/her own.
2. The Power and Performance cab sets the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Irsir1\Parms
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms

DisablePowerManagement to Zero (0)

The Irsir1 we don't have. (Infrared)

It also makes the following changes to the registry to boost performance:
HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE
<parm name="limit" value="32768" datatype="integer" />
HKLM\SYSTEM\StorageManager\FATFS
<parm name="CacheSize" value="4096" datatype="integer" />
HKLM\SYSTEM\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt
<parm name="ReplStoreCacheSize" value="4096" datatype="integer" />

Glyphcache modification may already be done. Depends on the chef.
FATFS modification is most likely already incorporated.
We don't have fsreplxfilt. I don't know the reprecussions of adding it to the registry.

So, If you install the cab you are only getting the increased Glyphcache and increased FATFS cachesize if you also change all of the DisablePowerManagement to zero (0) except the SIM.

3. Phone as Modem has two settings in the registry. AlwaysOn and Enabled. Mine is default set to AlwaysOn=0, Enabled=1. This leads me to believe that unless you tether there will be no power consumption from the device.

4. A dormant data connection consumes no power so disconnecting the data connection will actually INCREASE your power consumption by reconnecting each time the device needs it. Tested it, trust me.

5. As for the battery charging procedure. I was talking with a Sprint tech the other day and he showed me the charging board on my phone. It is separate from the rest of the boards on the phone and he DID say that there is some logic in the charging module to detect and remember the battery stats on a fully charged battery. This leads me to believe that you may be on to something with this. He wasn't happy that HTC shipped the phones with a partially charged battery and this may have caused a lot of the crappy battery performance issues on this phone. I'm gonna try this tonight.

So, here's what I recommend as OTHER battery tweaks.
INSTALL LUMOS!
The WM backlight control is lousy. Lumos is way better. You will be surprised how much better. Backlighting, as you pointed out drains the battery quicker than any other thing on the device. And, don't worry about your data being always connected.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post
was able to download no password. here it is
this exe file does not want to install.
Says "please use correct device to install this hotfix program!"
I am thinking it is because on settings/system/device info; identity tab says Model No: RAPH800...
I'm not seeing this in the registry thou.. o well, mayby installs on stock rom

EDIT: This cab is complete garbage!
It is a weak replacement solution, to some ancient ugly dialer... :/
Haha thnx "ahuskins", but it was too late for me with warning in next post.
I already tried the incompatible dlls that also disabled my radio !
No prob though, I flash so much a hard reset is nothing for me

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-22-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
this exe file does not want to install.
Says "please use correct device to install this hotfix program!"
I am thinking it is because on settings/system/device info; identity tab says Model No: RAPH800...
I'm not seeing this in the registry thou..
It will NOT install because of this in the setup.xml file
- <wap-provisioningdoc>
- <characteristic type="Install">
<parm name="InstallPhase" value="install" />
<parm name="SetupDLL" value="1" />
<parm name="OSVersionMin" value="3.0" />
<parm name="OSVersionMax" value="4.21" />
<parm name="BuildNumberMin" value="0" />
<parm name="BuildNumberMax" value="-536870912" />
<parm name="UnsupportedPlatforms" value="JUPITERHPC" />
<parm name="AppName" value="HotFix RAP_S00180" />
<parm name="InstallDir" value="%CE1%\RAP_S00180" translation="install" />

If you want I can list what it does.??

Edit: Installs the following:
rilphone.dll
phcanrc.dll
phcanhtc.dll

You don't want this on your phone, so don't try it. They contain among other things the non tachi phone canvas.
Even though this may be close to the fix for some of the problems we see, it just plain won't work.Just forget I ever even brought this up.

Last edited by ahuskins; 09-21-2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: More Info
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Excellent ROM, donated, thanks so much!

Anyone know how to remove the "really loud call" fix that seems to be in the ROM? I forgot the name of it, but I prefer it stock.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Lightbulb Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigoi
* If you are still getting bad battery life- try doing a "master reset" on your battery. There is a rumor that there's a bug in WM that causes it to measure the half-full battery charge on a new phone as full(You know how when you buy a new phone, how the battery is only half full), and it will only charge to that level from then on no matter how much you calibrate it. I dunno how truthful this rumor is, but the "fix" certainly can't hurt anything, so just try it. This is how to do it-

1. Let the phone go completely dead, until you can't even boot it up.

2. Charge for about 5 minutes, just long enough to get enough of a charge to boot up & hard reset.

3. Let the phone do it's configurations & reset, then plug it back in & let it charge OVERNIGHT.

Whether or not this rumor about the bug is true or not, doing this literally TRIPLED my battery life, so I'm inclined to believe it's at least partially true.
This was posted a while back and I have done this on my batteries and yes my battery life has improved.
So here is a good method to try.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:29 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
On previous builds battery output was the same with the data off as when the data was on but not active (ahuskins' work/research), don't know that 920 is different? In the past the "disable data" has been associated (by myself and others) with a unstable Tachi dialer. Have you had any dialer issues? Will be interested in hearing more after a few days of use. Thanks for the info. Hope it's ok I cut out most of your post.
No problem with the cut post. I have not had any problems with tachi at all. I didnt disable it completely. I just disabled it after 1 minute because I noticed that when my data connection was connected it would stay connected and would have a timer associated with it that just kept running nonstop. Really killing my battery quickly. Disabling it after 1 minute was my only way to really stop the continuous data running after connecting. As far as the tachi dialer with this setting I have not had any issues and I have done this tweak since I flashed the previous version of this rom. I will do a more thorough test with the dialer tomorrow, trying out all of the setting and what not and post back.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
Excellent ROM, donated, thanks so much!

Anyone know how to remove the "really loud call" fix that seems to be in the ROM? I forgot the name of it, but I prefer it stock.
Well I imagine that if you wanted to go BACK to stock,(for reasons I don't understand, I am getting deaf these years) you would go to Start/Utilities/Tweaks/ and click on regedit. Then goto :

HKCU\control panel\sound categories\\in call
and set "initial Volume" to 2. 2 is the stock setting.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

how to change battery pool to 30000 or 25000 ?? need registry steps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro