View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 AM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigoi
* If you are still getting bad battery life- try doing a "master reset" on your battery. There is a rumor that there's a bug in WM that causes it to measure the half-full battery charge on a new phone as full(You know how when you buy a new phone, how the battery is only half full), and it will only charge to that level from then on no matter how much you calibrate it. I dunno how truthful this rumor is, but the "fix" certainly can't hurt anything, so just try it. This is how to do it-

1. Let the phone go completely dead, until you can't even boot it up.

2. Charge for about 5 minutes, just long enough to get enough of a charge to boot up & hard reset.

3. Let the phone do it's configurations & reset, then plug it back in & let it charge OVERNIGHT.

Whether or not this rumor about the bug is true or not, doing this literally TRIPLED my battery life, so I'm inclined to believe it's at least partially true.
This was posted a while back and I have done this on my batteries and yes my battery life has improved.
So here is a good method to try.
This post has been thanked 6 times.