PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcangelo View Post
I've noticed the same problem. There's no send button for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
There is a fix for that.

Install the Zenyee disable htc messaging AND the MMS fix (M2.5)(Sprint)(Valkyrie). There are multiple carrier versions of the last one. I'm trying to find the links again. Will post when I get them.
Quote:
Here's the link for the first one.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

Use version 1.2
Quote:
Here's the second.
http://thewingster.com/mmsfixm25.aspx

ENSURE THAT YOU KILL tmail.exe using the supplied taskmanager first or it won't install. Reboot and voila!
Has anyone used this method and got it to work? I did and still have no send button when replying to a text through TF. 23081/2.5
Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

one thing i noticed about 21864 nov 5th build is everytime u go to the home screen the clock doesnt flip and hour and 3 min ahead to get to the correct time. also the music and photo tab look like the should in manila 2.5 and the rotation is also smoother. great work my friend
Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
id say that is some kind of flaw that youd have to do that now
you have to remember manila 2.5 does not have landscape support from htc. the hd2 does not have a pull out keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Has anyone used this method and got it to work? I did and still have no send button when replying to a text through TF. 23081/2.5
i used it on nov. 4th rev 2 build of 23081 and it worked like a charm. it gets rid of TF messaging so u can use win mob messaging. also u can make an icon on the home screen to the win mob messaging and not use the cab and just click the icon when u want to send a text.

if it doesnt work i might suggest going to 21864 build it is rock solid and TF seems to be running really well.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
you have to remember manila 2.5 does not have landscape support from htc. the hd2 does not have a pull out keyboard.

i used it on nov. 4th rev 2 build of 23081 and it worked like a charm. it gets rid of TF messaging so u can use win mob messaging. also u can make an icon on the home screen to the win mob messaging and not use the cab and just click the icon when u want to send a text.

if it doesnt work i might suggest going to 21864 build it is rock solid and TF seems to be running really well.
I love the new bottom taskbar too much! I refuse to go back. Hopefully someone will come up with something.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Carrier: Sprint

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

I'm on Nov 4'th rev 2 and I really like it, it would be nice to disable the HTC messaging all together with a cab like CMYLXGO had before with the rhodium disable but you just have to hit "all messages" once you install the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab but that's not the deal breaker for me, but with no programs tab I think I'm going to have to go back to 10-14. I absolutely LOVE the home screen but I need to be able to access my programs fast and I don't want to have to search through the start menu to do it. If there was a way to get the shortcuts like the old programs tab (4 icons) I'd be in business with 3 rows cause that's all I'd ever need anyway. I cant thank you enough for hammering these out the way you do NRG, you truly are an artist!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

This is almost realtime. Go to work for 8 hours and get home to see 21 new pages!!!!!!!!!!! WOW that's this is the busiest thread i've ever seen. I am on Sprint, and my touch pro hasn't seem to experienced any problems with needing the cabs to work.

Although i DID have problems AFTER installing. IE- The Back button in place of the Send button on the bottom, which is random. Some time's the button says "Back" and sometimes it shows "Send", but out of the box it works, and looks nicer with the send icon button. Granted it's sluggesh a lot when sending and during, but it works and confirmed with a few friends in my department i sent msg's to to test.

YouTube however is still giving the "Can't Play Video" message, after many resets though. About to install Nov.5 21864 version now and further test after reading some good speed differences and MMS working out of the box (STILL)
Old 11-05-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Weirdest thing. I hard reset and now I have the send button in manila sms! It's just sitting there like it's always been there. Like I haven't been trying to find a fix for the last hour. Weird!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mthieman is keeping up the good workmthieman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
I'm on Nov 4'th rev 2 and I really like it, it would be nice to disable the HTC messaging all together with a cab like CMYLXGO had before with the rhodium disable but you just have to hit "all messages" once you install the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab but that's not the deal breaker for me, but with no programs tab I think I'm going to have to go back to 10-14. I absolutely LOVE the home screen but I need to be able to access my programs fast and I don't want to have to search through the start menu to do it. If there was a way to get the shortcuts like the old programs tab (4 icons) I'd be in business with 3 rows cause that's all I'd ever need anyway. I cant thank you enough for hammering these out the way you do NRG, you truly are an artist!
You can access your programs fast by adding them to the home tab. Roll up the clock and you have a place for 9 shortcuts even though you can only see 6 fully.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
dammit. ringtone doesn't work. =\

or should i say custom ringtone
Confirmed, assigned MP3's dont ring.
Think this is an ongoing issue but ringtones have to be assigned via MS Contacts, not Touchflo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Anyone know if he's still planning on releasing a 23504 ROM today?
Twitter says he will but timeframe is always subject to change. He's planning on a new 23504 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
if sms works, how do you hit send when the hardware keyboard is being used
Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
type what u want, then close the keyboard and u should see the send icon
Latest version-Send button is there with keyboard out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
This is almost realtime. Go to work for 8 hours and get home to see 21 new pages!!!!!!!!!!! WOW that's this is the busiest thread i've ever seen. I am on Sprint, and my touch pro hasn't seem to experienced any problems with needing the cabs to work.

Although i DID have problems AFTER installing. IE- The Back button in place of the Send button on the bottom, which is random. Some time's the button says "Back" and sometimes it shows "Send", but out of the box it works, and looks nicer with the send icon button. Granted it's sluggesh a lot when sending and during, but it works and confirmed with a few friends in my department i sent msg's to to test.

YouTube however is still giving the "Can't Play Video" message, after many resets though. About to install Nov.5 21864 version now and further test after reading some good speed differences and MMS working out of the box (STILL)
Youtube fixed.
SMS works out da box, not MMS.
I posted this but you're right, the thread is on FIYA! Run removal cab, SR, Arcsoft, SR and you can send and recieve. Small issue-still cant view from Touchflo. Gotta go to MS Messaging. All Messages soft key wont do it either. This is an improvement because last version erased message if you tried to view it from TF. For me, it's good 'nuff for now, not worth installing cabs and fixes.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-05-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: corrected possible new build number
Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthieman View Post
You can access your programs fast by adding them to the home tab. Roll up the clock and you have a place for 9 shortcuts even though you can only see 6 fully.
That's what I was talking about but only 6 are accessible, now if we could scroll down to get the other 3 that would be good but it would be even better if they were 4 wide and could scroll then you would have a place for 12 programs, contacts, url's whatever. I like it and I'll probably come back to 2.5 once things are a little more user friendly to me. I appreciate the advice though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro