PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm going to guess that most of those programs were left out intentionally in order to allow people to use the backup, task manager and soft reset utility of their choice. I like it that way- no multiple task managers might help with a lot of conflicts.
To nitpick on your post- make sure you use the Shipped ROM and not the Stock ROM of your choice. It will make a difference if things start to get crazy.
I bought my Diamond used so I dont know what the shipped ROM was, I just flashed to a stock ROM that was dated 12/7/2008.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
I bought my Diamond used so I dont know what the shipped ROM was, I just flashed to a stock ROM that was dated 12/7/2008.
Here is the link to find the shipped roms. The key as Trident was explaining is the shipped rom will bring you phone back to factory settings and will fix 99% of problems that occur flashing from one custom rom to another custom rom. It's good practice to have this available in case you run into problems that are weird like soft resets turning into hard resets, tf problems,etc.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Thanks Pirish. I think people are just anxious for 6.5 and in general..I am going to try to not sweat the small stuff and small comments that come through but it's hard to do that sometimes We need to just try to continue the mantra of useful posts and try to lighten things up as much as possible. I'm guilty as well so not pointing fingers. But no need to leave the thread man. Sure it's been a little on edge lately but overall like Mike said, there are new projects coming and most of us will appreciate the hard work and diligence of Mike/Lilrico.
You are absolutely right! I won't leave the thread, cuz even though I don't own a Diamond anymore, I still can help others with theirs.......maybe and that is what this forum is about. I am just glad that there are level headed people on here that can still make me smile, and look forward to stopping by once and a while
Old 05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
for the comments about nothing being updated and staying on 4.8 and bla bla bla,

every oem has been updated, tons of drivers have been updated, etc.

im trying my best for u diamond users...
Try harder man Thanks for still being there for us Mike. We know good things have arrived and are coming!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
for the comments about nothing being updated and staying on 4.8 and bla bla bla,

every oem has been updated, tons of drivers have been updated, etc.

im trying my best for u diamond users...
First off I want to say THANK YOU for the hard work that you have given us. I have only been around since 4.8 and have not chimed in too much but I really appreciate your work as do many others.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining or whining, but I believe that some people in hear just might be getting jealous. It "seems" we are not getting as much love as the pro users. They seem to get a few more updates and a little more attention from you. It also sucks that we cannot afford a pro but that is not for this forum.

Sooooo, THANK YOU again for your hard work and I understand that you don't have to do this for us but you do because you want to. That makes it that much better. I have donated already and would like to donate more but in hard times in which you are also experiencing it makes it difficult. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your future releases!!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im tried of the school kid bull on this thread & ill not b back for bit its not my fav anymore what a waste
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
First off I want to say THANK YOU for the hard work that you have given us. I have only been around since 4.8 and have not chimed in too much but I really appreciate your work as do many others.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining or whining, but I believe that some people in hear just might be getting jealous. It "seems" we are not getting as much love as the pro users. They seem to get a few more updates and a little more attention from you. It also sucks that we cannot afford a pro but that is not for this forum.
People are impatient that is the problem...

Yes TP gets more updates, but look what is happening... TP gets released, he fixes bugs, makes updates, and when things are working good. He ports it to the Diamond.

IMHO that is good for us... And it means less work for Mighty, instead of fixing 2 different ROMs he only needs to work on one.

Let the TP guys be the beta testers....

Remember Mighty no longer has a Diamond, he is doing this for the diamond community, don't make him regret this...

Thanks again Mighty,...

Add: It seems I am still experiencing the disapearing ringer bug... back to wav ringer...no biggie

Last edited by p2k; 05-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
People are impatient that is the problem...

Yes TP gets more updates, but look what is happening... TP gets released, he fixes bugs, makes updates, and when things are working good. He ports it to the Diamond.

IMHO that is good for us... And it means less work for Mighty, instead of fixing 2 different ROMs he only needs to work on one.

Let the TP guys be the beta testers....

Remember Mighty no longer has a Diamond, he is doing this for the diamond community, don't make him regret this...

Thanks again Mighty,...
It is nice not being the guinea pigs!!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work

jrn6264 and rileyd5 - no worries, it's water under the bridge.

Mike - I was very short with my comments at first as when I wrote them I was a bit rushed. Without a doubt I always thank you for your time/work that you put into the ROM's you release. Over the past 24 hrs I have been testing the new release and it does have a certain snap to it that 4.8 did not.

To everyone else using it - how has your battery life been so far? Little more agressive or just the norm?

Also I really would like a copy of the soft reset that Mike was using before - the icon did stand out really well - eg don't press me unless you mean it
Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash007 View Post
I take it you are still getting the no ringer bug? Please confirm. I was just about to flash. Thanks.
If you mean the Bug that applies to many peoples Diamonds that they won't play anything but WAVs, then yes that wasn't fixed, so evidently there was another ringtone issue that Mike supposedly fixed, but it seems no one here really knows what that bug was.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development