PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Thanks for the release Mike...sorry some people went all crazy.

Care to shed some light on what the problem was with the ringtones?
Not was--IS Still have to use WAVs on my phone. All that time wasted. 4.8 was working great for me.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
Finished stock and R3Born flash and when I went into programs to use PIM backup, some programs are gone, task manager, PIM backup, soft reset not sure what else. Any suggestions?
Install them via a .cab...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
Not was--IS Still have to use WAVs on my phone. All that time wasted. 4.8 was working great for me.
chill!!! he will get it fixed. when you say "all that time wasted" do you think Mike will work harder? HECK NO!! so chill and wait or use a different ROM.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
chill!!! he will get it fixed. when you say "all that time wasted" do you think Mike will work harder? HECK NO!! so chill and wait or use a different ROM.
Change log says its fixed--it isn't. Only difference I can tell right off hand is it's missing a bunch of stuff people used. I honestly don't see any reason to change. I don't believe I said anything about Mike working harder.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Install them via a .cab...
I know that, Im asking because my wife's dimond had the same issue but its my wife, she doesnt know any better what should and shouldnt be in there. This is mine now and I wanted to figure out what was going on and why the programs arent there anymore. I didnt have a problem with 4.8 and now R3BORN some of the tweak programs are gone.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndyGets View Post
So with ALL Custom roms you have to install the carrier cab for your provider? Please be nice..... I am old

Andy
No, you shouldn't have to manually install anything, just let the customizations run after the flash.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Change log says its fixed--it isn't. Only difference I can tell right off hand is it's missing a bunch of stuff people used. I honestly don't see any reason to change. I don't believe I said anything about Mike working harder.
nevermind just keep complaining
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 AM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
Finished stock and R3Born flash and when I went into programs to use PIM backup, some programs are gone, task manager, PIM backup, soft reset not sure what else. Any suggestions?
I'm going to guess that most of those programs were left out intentionally in order to allow people to use the backup, task manager and soft reset utility of their choice. I like it that way- no multiple task managers might help with a lot of conflicts.
To nitpick on your post- make sure you use the Shipped ROM and not the Stock ROM of your choice. It will make a difference if things start to get crazy.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b

Quote:

I take it you are still getting the no ringer bug? Please confirm. I was just about to flash. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 AM
The Source of Power

Quote:

To clarify: This ROM does fix the issues for most people. Look into the possibility that there is some sort of conflict on your device. The utilities that were left out were done that way so that you could pick which ones you wanted to use. You might want to investigate as it could even help solve seemingly unrelated issues. If you still don't see a reason to change and you still have the ringtone issues only with MR, check out some of the very good other ROMs that are available for the Diamond right now.
As for the "working harder" comment. Let me help explain what the other poster was trying to say. Your regular complaining and lack of contribution of anything valuable that might help solve the problem is what will NOT encourage anyone, Mike included, to work AT ALL to help solve your problem. It's not that you said, "Mike, don't work hard." It's that your attitude is negative at best. Which brings me to your hypocrisy (and the reason that I included the second part of your signature in my quote of your post).
The stuff you are saying "leaves a bad taste in people's mouths". If you want to fix the issue- give some information that can help fix it. Offer to try something new and let people know what you've done that works and doesn't work. If none of that works for you, feel free to make your own ROM or go back to stock.
I think that's worth $0.05. And Stoney60 goes back on my Ignore list.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development