PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootWind View Post
I don't see why we would care. He released a minor bug update. Don't see how that would imply that he figured out the unrelated show-stopping bug in the Diamond implementation.
What show-stopping bug are you referring to? I haven't heard of too many 4.8 users retro-flashing because of a bug.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
What show-stopping bug are you referring to? I haven't heard of too many 4.8 users retro-flashing because of a bug.
I think Mike mentioned there was a bug he was dealing with specific to the Diamond 5.0 release. Not sure though. In any event, I still think he will finish the Diamond 5.0 release soon enough. I agree things died down compared to the past but that makes sense considering Mike has been focused on his tp roms. I respectfully disagree though that his heart is not into making Diamond roms. When he released 4.7 and 4.8, in the day or so leading up to it and afterwards there was a ton of thread activity and Mike & LilRico were very involved and energized with user feedback and such. I think Mike appreciates us very much and will come through again.

**I do miss the old days though Pixel. but at least for the most part this thread and its participates have been helpful, funny and rarely combative which says alot. This thread and rom series aint dead as far as I'm concerned. Oh and the Pens just won baby!!!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

prob talking bout the no ring issue i also had bad battery life with 4.8 I don't much care for 6.5 so I've been trying to find something to get me by till I find a fix
Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I think Mike mentioned there was a bug he was dealing with specific to the Diamond 5.0 release. Not sure though. In any event, I still think he will finish the Diamond 5.0 release soon enough. I agree things died down compared to the past but that makes sense considering Mike has been focused on his tp roms. I respectfully disagree though that his heart is not into making Diamond roms. When he released 4.7 and 4.8, in the day or so leading up to it and afterwards there was a ton of thread activity and Mike & LilRico were very involved and energized with user feedback and such. I think Mike appreciates us very much and will come through again.

**I do miss the old days though Pixel. but at least for the most part this thread and its participates have been helpful, funny and rarely combative which says alot. This thread and rom series aint dead as far as I'm concerned. Oh and the Pens just won baby!!!!!!
I am almost positive that Mike will not let down this forum. This was his baby for the longest time, and he still cares for the people on this thread. I know that he has been very busy both looking for work, and fixing some major bugs on the T.P. side . We need to remember that, although Mike has some help, he does most of this on his own. Trying to make sure that 6,000+ people are happy with their ROM is not only time consuming, but also slow. Hang in there guys, Mike will save the day once more. I can almost guarantee it.

Last edited by pirish; 04-25-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor

I have flashed a few other WM 6.5 and decided i dont like it that much, i've gone back to MM 4.8 and setup SPB MS3, i think i'm happy with it as it is, just need to solve the no ring bug, either that or i have to convert mp3's to wav
Old 04-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
I am almost positive that Mike will not let down this forum. This was his baby for the longest time, and he still cares for the people on this thread. I know that he has been very busy both looking for work, and fixing some major bugs on the T.P. side . We need to remember that, although Mike has some help, he does most of this on his own. Trying to make sure that 6,000+ people are happy with their ROM is not only time consuming, but also slow. Hang in there guys, Mike will save the day once more. I can almost guarantee it.
I agree, we will get something soon. work takes precedence for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
I have flashed a few other WM 6.5 and decided i dont like it that much, i've gone back to MM 4.8 and setup SPB MS3, i think i'm happy with it as it is, just need to solve the no ring bug, either that or i have to convert mp3's to wav
I'm kind of the opposite to be honest. I really like 6.5 roms on this forum and looking forward to seeing Mike's version. still mostly run 6.1, but starting to adjust to 6.5. One thing that rocks is the built in lock page and full wallpaper viewing! But 4.8 is rock solid like you said.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
I agree totally....please don't take my comments as any kind of slam against Mike and the teriffic work he has done here. I'm just afraid that the TP is like Mike's second girlfriend (what was that first one's name anyway...LOL). And I can't blame him. Although, from what I've heard, the users in the TP thread are a bunch of a**holes (at least compared to us ). So come on back Mike. We still love ya...even if you did dump your first g/f. LOL

And the Mav's won, so life is good!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
I agree totally....please don't take my comments as any kind of slam against Mike and the teriffic work he has done here. I'm just afraid that the TP is like Mike's second girlfriend (what was that first one's name anyway...LOL). And I can't blame him. Although, from what I've heard, the users in the TP thread are a bunch of a**holes (at least compared to us ). So come on back Mike. We still love ya...even if you did dump your first g/f. LOL

And the Mav's won, so life is good!
I know man! you're old school! We need to have faith.. How's everyone like Pittsburgh's own Mark Cuban down there?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I know man! you're old school! We need to have faith.. How's everyone like Pittsburgh's own Mark Cuban down there?
Faith I got....MR5 I don't got!!! LOL Cuban is a character, but you couldn't ask for a franchise owner that wants to win more than he does. He tried for a while to buy the Penguins and/or the Pirates. Glad he didn't...we would be having the "Mike" conversation about how he had abandoned the Mavs.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
I did, it definately works.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development