PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
To clarify: This ROM does fix the issues for most people. Look into the possibility that there is some sort of conflict on your device. If you still don't see a reason to change and you still have the ringtone issues only with MR, check out some of the very good other ROMs that are available for the Diamond right now.

The ringtone issue affects MANY other diamonds, not just mine, and on most other ROMs as well as Mikes. It appears the only thing common to them is they are mostly based on Calc's kitchen.

I think that's worth $0.05. And Stoney60 goes back on my Ignore list.
Now you've gone and made me feel bad. NOT!!!!!
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
for the comments about nothing being updated and staying on 4.8 and bla bla bla,

every oem has been updated, tons of drivers have been updated, etc.

im trying my best for u diamond users...
Ur doing great bro , keep up the good work

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
for the comments about nothing being updated and staying on 4.8 and bla bla bla,

every oem has been updated, tons of drivers have been updated, etc.

im trying my best for u diamond users...
There are a whole lot of folks that misunderstood what I said earlier. I was merely pointing out that I still had a ringtone issue (the only issue I had with 4.8 and that that still exists in this new one. No one ever answered the question as to what WAS the ringtone issue you fixed. As I said, I honestly can't tell any difference. Maybe that's because 4.8 worked so good for me and a testament to the excellent ROM you produced and the quality of your hard and much appreciated work. So copying a few WAVs to the rings folder isn't so bad its that they take up so much space.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Yep, I know. it's weird like you know Mike's newest is stable, perfect and pretty much everything you need, but the crazy flashaholic in us makes us want to try the latest and greatest, bounce from rom to rom... I think we need help I went on a flashing frenzy last night and tonight since so many new releases have dropped. We really should be thankful for all the variety out there right now. It's awesome, my wife thinks so.....NOT.
haha..yep, I'm not so sure my wife is very fond of Mighty Mike. Every few weeks it's like "Ohh, Mighty released another ROM!!" and she just nods her head in defeat. The night is over for her. Her husband glued to the computer, flashing the newest..say it with me. "My name is -----, and I am a flasher."

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
haha..yep, I'm not so sure my wife is very fond of Mighty Mike. Every few weeks it's like "Ohh, Mighty released another ROM!!" and she just nods her head in defeat. The night is over for her. Her husband glued to the computer, flashing the newest..say it with me. "My name is -----, and I am a flasher."
Pretty soon all the wives are going to get together and set up a 12 step program for us.......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
Pretty soon all the wives are going to get together and set up a 12 step program for us.......
for sure, and my 2 year old wants to smash keys when im trying to do stuff lol
Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Allright time to get productive...who had the ringtone corruption problem come back after flashing?? Did you restore using any type of program as in SPB backup or anything like that? Also can you list what you have installed?

I havnt had it come back, and before I flashed this new one it was hitting me hard. every hour I was soft resetting to get the temp fix.

I flashed to shipped, flashed 4/R3BORN, Cleared Storage. Then installed...

Total Commander, TREO Reset, Mike History, Cal, Com tabs, Sprint Pic, Finger Keyboard NVidia, Guitar Tuner, CleanRAM, Hangman, Live Search, Muns B4AP, No Curtains, No SleepAPM, CodyPPC Personalizer, Pocket Uno and Rack-O, Scrobble, Tracker, TF3D Config, Weather Database editor, music ID, TREmp77 Dodger Blue Theme, Shopping List, G-Watch , Google Maps

I used no backups except active sync...I didnt save any settings, no SMS, no Email, nothing.

I hope someone who had the problem come back gives up some info like this, so if there is some correlation between apps or something we can have a list of what the infected people have installed.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
There are a whole lot of folks that misunderstood what I said earlier. I was merely pointing out that I still had a ringtone issue (the only issue I had with 4.8 and that that still exists in this new one. No one ever answered the question as to what WAS the ringtone issue you fixed. As I said, I honestly can't tell any difference. Maybe that's because 4.8 worked so good for me and a testament to the excellent ROM you produced and the quality of your hard and much appreciated work. So copying a few WAVs to the rings folder isn't so bad its that they take up so much space.
The ringer issue is a tricky one, as for me it did not appear until one week after i installed MR4.8, that being said, Mighty had 1.5 hours with a diamond, he may have thought he fixed it or applied a fix that worked for other people.

For R3BORN, the ringer issue took about 20 hours before it reared its ugly head.

Yes WAVs take up more space but not huge amounts... My WAV ringtones are about 2-3MBs each, which is pretty much the size of a MP3. There is no point having a ringtone longer than 30 seconds or so anyways as it goes to VM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

Just had a quick question.. I recently flashed to WM 6.5 under simple rom.. enjoyed it but wanted back on mighty rom... However, in 6.5 there was a way to have only 1X speed instead of EVDO on at all times... As I do not pay for internet service and only use WIFI.. how do I get that setting for 6.1??
Old 05-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

HKLM/Software/OEM/PhoneSetting HiddenModeOperation = 0 I think.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development