PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Goggle "Task Manager v3.1" and theres a download link in the 1st link.
Thanks, but I was looking for the reg editor, not the task manager.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Hi guys, I'm a newbie for customized roms and I've got a few questions. Btw, I'm with Sprint's most recent stock rom.

1. This rom does not differentiate carriers does it? I ask this because people with Sprint seemed to have a lot of issues when they flashed Verizon radio when it was said to give diamond better battery performance. Will I have the same risk?

2. From my quick reading here, basically I just have to back up my contacts, run the unlocker then flash this rom right? Anything I should be cautious about?

Thanks a lot.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

iammarkus is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to iammarkus

OK call me a dumb arss but I installed Mighty 5.0 Is this a newer version???? I read tons of the threads but my goodness there are over 700 of them.
By the way... Mighty 5 is amazing... can't wait until a finished 6.5... I will support for sure when that puppy is released...

Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
Hi guys, I'm a newbie for customized roms and I've got a few questions. Btw, I'm with Sprint's most recent stock rom.

1. This rom does not differentiate carriers does it? I ask this because people with Sprint seemed to have a lot of issues when they flashed Verizon radio when it was said to give diamond better battery performance. Will I have the same risk?

2. From my quick reading here, basically I just have to back up my contacts, run the unlocker then flash this rom right? Anything I should be cautious about?

Thanks a lot.
  1. No, it doesn't. This ROM is carrier-generic. Let customizations run. It won't affect your radio [ROM] in any way. FTR, I used a Verizon radio for a while and had no ill affects. (Not using it now, but not because of any issues.)
  2. You don't even have to back up your contacts if you make sure they are synced. But a complete backup is always a good idea in case something does happen and your device gets FUBAR. Since you are starting with an OEM ROM, you shouldn't have to do anything, but Mike and most people who've been doing this for a while recommend flashing an OEM SHIPPED ROM prior to flashing a custom ROM. Then run Clear Storage [1234;YES] after you flash the custom ROM. The few minutes these things take will save you a lot of headaches. Most of us won't recommend trying to restore programs when you are going from one SYS to another, but feel free to try if you want. Just be ready to hard reset if it gets messed up.
  3. Other free advice: Know how to get your device in bootloader and how to hard reset before you start all this. And read the first few posts of any thread and the stickies for some really great advice.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammarkus View Post
OK call me a dumb arss but I installed Mighty 5.0 Is this a newer version???? I read tons of the threads but my goodness there are over 700 of them.
By the way... Mighty 5 is amazing... can't wait until a finished 6.5... I will support for sure when that puppy is released...

Thanks
Take some time and complete your profile or be prepared to have people ask you more questions.
This is a thread/ROM for the Diamond. If you have 5.0 installed, then you probably have a TouchPRO. You're in the wrong forum.
FTR, this is NOT a "newer" ROM than 5.0, but it is probably more stable. And there is the same thing in the TP forum.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I am having a small problem (more like annoyance) with this ROM. Sometimes when I am replying to a text message, the first letter disappears, it doesn't happen all of the time though. It has happened on the compact qwerty and the full qwerty. Anyone know of a fix?

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrBy View Post
This release seems a bit rushed, no soft reset, no pim backup (I read your reason - but it's under 300kb and still works hreat for contacts), java is missing, where is the reg editor that we had before? I know this ROM is going for the stable/minimal side but it was the little tweaks that made it nice.

I think it may be bettery for ppl to hold off and wait for the 6.5 drop.
Would you like some cheese with that wine?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Heres PIM backup...exe run it from your desktop while connected...just a reminder.
or just run the exe on your phone
Old 05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b
Talking Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

i dont know bout anyone else but gettin pretty sick an tired of people bloating this thread with complainin mightys rom is the best out there an if ur too lazy to find some of the programs that arent there ur just lazy a quick search an u can find them mikes doin this for our benifit thanks mike ur rom rocks absolutly no issues, ill let u know if somethin pops up out of the ordinary thanks again cheersa
Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

anfjc06 is just getting started

Got a question guys.... does anyone else get the new splash screen followed by the old one with the red orangeish lines???? Or is mine special...lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development