PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
Good people on this thread,

I think that it is a shame that because no one has seen any activity from Mike in a while people feel the need to start bashing him. Listen to yourselves, please. Some of you are acting very poorly. If Mike was to never come back in to this forum I could understand why. Alienating the one person that has done so much for so many is not the way to get anything accomplished. Believe me, I can relate to the feelings that some of you have, but after I sit down and really think about it I come up with this answer: Mike owes none of us anything! The things he has done for our phones is better than anything out there and like addicts we always want more and more. Mike has never mislead us before, so when he says that there is an issue that is going to take time to iron out, let him do so. Mike has always kept his word to us in here time and time again, why should we think that this time is any different? Mike also strikes me as a smart man. Being that he is smart he would not put up a donation button just to get some quick money and then bail. That would be dumb since he could put out mediocre releases and get lots more donations. I am by no means a Mike expert and am far from being in the "loop", but I do believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, especially when they have shown me in the past that they have kept their word.
Very well put Pirish. I agree
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
Very well put Pirish. I agree
+1 A Real class act.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
Good people on this thread,

I think that it is a shame that because no one has seen any activity from Mike in a while people feel the need to start bashing him. Listen to yourselves, please. Some of you are acting very poorly. If Mike was to never come back in to this forum I could understand why. Alienating the one person that has done so much for so many is not the way to get anything accomplished. Believe me, I can relate to the feelings that some of you have, but after I sit down and really think about it I come up with this answer: Mike owes none of us anything! The things he has done for our phones is better than anything out there and like addicts we always want more and more. Mike has never mislead us before, so when he says that there is an issue that is going to take time to iron out, let him do so. Mike has always kept his word to us in here time and time again, why should we think that this time is any different? Mike also strikes me as a smart man. Being that he is smart he would not put up a donation button just to get some quick money and then bail. That would be dumb since he could put out mediocre releases and get lots more donations. I am by no means a Mike expert and am far from being in the "loop", but I do believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, especially when they have shown me in the past that they have kept their word.
Amen brother, people need to shut it and help otheres with issues, and like someone else stated, i donated to Mighty also and not because i thought he was making a new one but for all the stuff he has done, which some people dont understand (i do cause ive cooked before) IT AINT EASY DESIGNING something thats going to work on so many peoples phones the same, and then fixing it so it doesnt mess up on all the other peoples phones, so zip it and enjoy 4.8 and help others that have issues, i am lol

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
Amen brother, people need to shut it and help otheres with issues, and like someone else stated, i donated to Mighty also and not because i thought he was making a new one but for all the stuff he has done, which some people dont understand (i do cause ive cooked before) IT AINT EASY DESIGNING something thats going to work on so many peoples phones the same, and then fixing it so it doesnt mess up on all the other peoples phones, so zip it and enjoy 4.8 and help others that have issues, i am lol
+ 1 million lets have a little perspective and if you cant wait, try another rom. it is free after all. Pirish, very well put as always.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

nub4life is a n00b

Does this ever happen to anyone? Sometimes when I charge the phone overnight, the next day I wake up it's frozen (like this morning the screen was stuck at 3:03am). When I hit the reset button in the back, that would turn the phone off, and I'd have to hit the power button to turn it back on.

Edit: Using 4.8 but it's been happening for awhile.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nub4life View Post
Does this ever happen to anyone? Sometimes when I charge the phone overnight, the next day I wake up it's frozen (like this morning the screen was stuck at 3:03am). When I hit the reset button in the back, that would turn the phone off, and I'd have to hit the power button to turn it back on.

yes, has happened to me before on various roms. best thing to do is back up and hard reset again. If this has happened for a while than it's not going away. If you decide to do this, I would flash the shipped rom of your carrier first found in the Sticky page "Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing'" on the first page of the Diamond upgrade forum. Then flash back to mr 4.8. this should clear this up for you.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Diamond and HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

phone swapper is a n00b

Not to beat a dead horse here but I am going to have to agree with Pirish.. give the man his due and he will come through for us. Mike always has!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Diamond and HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

phone swapper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nub4life View Post

I have seen this before but only occasionally. Try the shipped rom first then install 4.8 again.. hard reset after install and that should do the trick with the "quirks" as I call them. Good luck!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
It looks like 4.8 with .wav ringtones and spb ms3 may be the best we get for a while, which is personally fine with me. If we never get another release, here is a huge THANKS MIKE for all the work done to get us to 4.8.
I have to re-affirm my thanks to Mike and further support of this rom/theme combination, i tried even going back to Telus stock, the better of the 6.5 roms and back to 4.8 I even looked at the new touch screen Blackberry's (Yeeeucck) but i have now configured the lifestyle screens to give me quick access to all the apps i need and as time goes on i can reconfigure it more.
The one caveat i have is that i use WeatherPanel for my weather and i have to flip to the today screen to get access instead of a link from the lifestyle screen but it is otherwise all i need and damn fast.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

hey mike, how come you cant release what you have so far?

i think we can put up with a few bugs, maybe some of us here will be able to fix it ourselves while you take the time out for job seeking.

just a thought.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development