PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Well put pirish

Correct me if I'm wrong but Mike never accepted donations until 4.8? I don't think he "owes" the community anything for all the work he's already done. Besides donations, why does he owe us anything for a free rom? I don't get what you're saying here.

......The point of making your ROM public is so that people will want to use that, and in turn you ARE accepting some responsibility of that. Whether it's owing people bug fixes in something YOU want the public to like/use, or owing them an update on what's going on. People here seem to have the "kiss chefs asses" mentality and give them free outs all the time. Sorry that's not how it works in the real world whether it be a charity organization or someone creating freeware apps. I'm sure you would epext a non profit organization to OWE you something if they offered it in the beginning, period.

Last edited by freeza; 04-26-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshawn View Post
One thing I'll never understand is why people even CARE if somebody on a forum tells them "you owe me this" or "you are a ****".

Who cares, its just some jerk exercising his/her freedom of speech. Why does anybody need to get upset over that?

At any rate I'm a bit hypocritical myself for adding another useless post to a once useful thread. But I figure by this point the damage has been done.

=D>
funny, but this really makes sense. we get jacked off(correction jacked up thks Robotphood) and feel compelled to flame on someone or the opposite, someone says something ridiculous. You are right, its freedom of speech. freedom to say what you want good or bad. Lets just try to lay low and wait for Mike to give us an update. in the meantime, lets help Curb71 with his issue and others that arise. I unfortunately dont have an answer to this one but hopefully someone else with chime in.

Last edited by Riley; 04-26-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
......The point of making your ROM public is so that people will want to use that, and in turn you ARE accepting some responsibility of that. Whether it's owing people bug fixes in something YOU want the public to like/use, or owing them an update on what's going on.
Agree to an extent. But what does mike owe us exactly? The only major bug from this rom was the ring issue which has been fixed(?). And mike already gave an update on the Diamond rom. Or were you just commenting on roms in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshawn View Post
One thing I'll never understand is why people even CARE if somebody on a forum tells them "you owe me this" or "you are a ****".

Who cares, its just some jerk exercising his/her freedom of speech. Why does anybody need to get upset over that?
Other than Curb71's issue (can't help here either), there's nothing to talk about. Can't you see how bored we are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
funny, but this really makes sense. we get jacked off and feel compelled to flame on someone or the opposite, someone says something ridiculous. You are right, its freedom of speech. freedom to say what you want good or bad.
Jacked up you mean?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Jacked up you mean?
LMAO....geez, I sure hope so!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
LMAO....geez, I sure hope so!!!
alright alright, had something else on the mind I guess...LOL!!!
well if my word faux paus moves us in a different direction, I am thrilled
Old 04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
......The point of making your ROM public is so that people will want to use that, and in turn you ARE accepting some responsibility of that. Whether it's owing people bug fixes in something YOU want the public to like/use, or owing them an update on what's going on. People here seem to have the "kiss chefs asses" mentality and give them free outs all the time. Sorry that's not how it works in the real world whether it be a charity organization or someone creating freeware apps. I'm sure you would epext a non profit organization to OWE you something if they offered it in the beginning, period.
you sound like a homeless guy complaining about the food given to him at the shelter.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow I cant even believe people are complaining and feel like MR5 is due to them because they donated. When I saw that Mike lost his job I plan on sending a bigger donation to him on top of the one I already sent to help him threw his hard time. He doesnt owe us crap so get over yourselves!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
we get jacked off
I must have been at the wrong place at the wrong time because I didnt get any of that sweet loving!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
I must have been at the wrong place at the wrong time because I didnt get any of that sweet loving!
I know. just the luxury of being at the local massage parlor at the time. can you say happy ending put that in your gravity bong and smoke dat
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
I know. just the luxury of being at the local massage parlor at the time. can you say happy ending put that in your gravity bong and smoke dat
As the old saying goes...better to be jacked off than to be jacked up (or words to that effect...LOL).

Edit: and just to be clear, since I may have inadvertently started some of this, let me quote what I said a few days back, "It looks like 4.8 with .wav ringtones and spb ms3 may be the best we get for a while, which is personally fine with me. If we never get another release, here is a huge THANKS MIKE for all the work done to get us to 4.8."

Last edited by pixelpop; 04-26-2009 at 10:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development