PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

so wouldn't seven use MORE battery? I only have my email check on manual, when I ask for it. Is there any display different/interface difference? Like is one better
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
The diamond will just check for new messages at a preset interval (which you choose). seven will push any new email to you, so the phone does not have to continously check for new mail
You could always install Sprint Mail and then you could have push email. (If you have Sprint that is)
Attached Files
File Type: cab MobileEmailSetup.cab (1.25 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

Last edited by mulhiny; 04-10-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
gotcha, thanks! wasn't seeing the correlation at first. so just wondering how this fixes the ringer issue some of us are having.....

Yeah I dont think it would have any effect on the ringer issue, because it only marks where your current volume settings are set.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbello81 View Post
you mean "Twitter"?
I am one of the 28 percent. LOL
Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
It's annoying that everytime you add an account it sends a text message to the UK.. so since i flash at least once a month, it costs me a few bucks to add in all my accounts. I stopped using it until they decide to get a normal US number to send a txt too....
Someone from this thread managed to bypass the international SMS charge (after initially setting up) by exporting the registry entries for seven.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59448&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
so wouldn't seven use MORE battery? I only have my email check on manual, when I ask for it. Is there any display different/interface difference? Like is one better
There's no difference in display. It uses pocket outlook. And seven would use more battery versus manually checking (unless you're doing it very frequently). Data doesn't turn off if you have seven active. I get up to double the battery life with data off depending on how much mail I'm getting with seven enabled. I think the Sprint app (made by seven) uses sms triggers which is lighter on the battery. Not sure though since I've never used it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The Sprint app does indeed leave data on, which will drain battery. But, with the Sprint app you have the option of turning push on or off. This is why I use it mainly. I can manually check my email most of the time, but when I'm really expecting an email I can enable push.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just tried the sprint app posted a few pages back. Is there a way to add multiple accounts? What about enabling push schedule other than 8am-6pm? Seems like a crippled version of Seven Beta like I've heard.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
I just tried the sprint app posted a few pages back. Is there a way to add multiple accounts? What about enabling push schedule other than 8am-6pm? Seems like a crippled version of Seven Beta like I've heard.
ya know, I never tried the schedule. I always just turned push on or off..but now that I looked at it, it does seem pretty lame that you can't change the hours. Looks like there should be a drop down menu there, but it doesn't work. I don't remember where I got that cab. For me though, it works fine. I only have one account with yahoo and I'm guessing that if you have a few this won't do for you.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

absdad63 is just getting started

Thanks for the Cab. I've used Sprint Email and Seven. I find that my battery life is MUCH better with Seven that with Sprint Email. If you only check email a few times a day, the built in functions will probably work better for you. But I want to get my email as quickly as possible so I was checking every 5 minutes. Using Seven has extended my battery life about 100%

I'm just starting to feel the pain of all of the international text messages charges. I'm looking forward to reading thread about the registry entries. Thanks to the person that referenced it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I have what you need. Just a min.

Attachment 29141
Old 04-10-2009, 09:44 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so mike ive been trying other roms theres not one diamond rom ive not tried but i keep coming back to yours one rom does rule them all they just dont stack up !!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development