PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Ok guys,

need your collective help. Dont think this is a bug, but its kind of odd.. In anycase here goes.

In my communications tab the Microsoft Push option is always disabled. When I go to enable it the Microsoft Sync app comes up.

so...
Is this an error or just a setting somewhere
anyone experiencing this so far? fixes?

OK NEVER MIND - there was no Exchange Partnership established with my computer...... ill try re-creating to see if that works... Thanks anyway

Incidentally the I used the ringer fix 2 form Calkulin (SP?) page and it seems to have done the trick..

thanks in advance guys.

Cheers,

Last edited by WithoutRemorse; 04-13-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
Jan 11, 2009 is when I think I installed 4.1. I think I'm going to upgrade, I need to test this new Sashiminess anyway.
Ofcourse, life doesn't ever feel like being easy on me. Hence, I ran into problems. TF3D was crashing like no tomorrow. So let me ask you guys this, between 4.1 and and 4.8.. what was the most drastic thing that changed? Would I have to upgrade sequentially with some other in-between version to not lose sanity?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

So no easter holiday update huh?.....I think we need to start a forum chant..

"Update!"
"Update!"
"Update!"
"Update!"
"Update!"
"Update!"
Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Ofcourse, life doesn't ever feel like being easy on me. Hence, I ran into problems. TF3D was crashing like no tomorrow. So let me ask you guys this, between 4.1 and and 4.8.. what was the most drastic thing that changed? Would I have to upgrade sequentially with some other in-between version to not lose sanity?
There's nothing wrong with 4.8 that would cause your Tf to crash constantly. You just need to flash back to your shipped rom first, then back to Mighty 4.8, clear storage once last time. If you do this, you will be smooth sailing. The differences between the two are noted in the changelogs but really 4.7/4.8 have been very stable and fast with updated software, drivers, etc. As long as you flash back to shipped you can use any release from 4.1 to 4.8 back to 3.9 with zero major problems. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Try a hard reset.... there is no need to go sequentially...else you'd have problems moving from chef to chef.

In any case.. do a hard reset or two.. then start again.

Cheers,
Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
There's nothing wrong with 4.8 that would cause your Tf to crash constantly. You just need to flash back to your shipped rom first, then back to Mighty 4.8, clear storage once last time. If you do this, you will be smooth sailing. The differences between the two are noted in the changelogs but really 4.7/4.8 have been very stable and fast with updated software, drivers, etc. As long as you flash back to shipped you can use any release from 4.1 to 4.8 back to 3.9 with zero major problems. Good luck.
Tell me why going back to stock ROM is mentioned? I was on 4.1 till last night. Then moved up to 4.8. Where did stock ROM come from?

I ask about the sequentiality because long ago there was an issue in updating (I think it was moving from 3.x to 4.x, but I could be wrong) where you had there was one version which was a swap over and which was needed before you go on to the latest versions.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Try a hard reset.... there is no need to go sequentially...else you'd have problems moving from chef to chef.

In any case.. do a hard reset or two.. then start again.

Cheers,
7 hard resets, 4 of them Sashimi induced.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Tell me why going back to stock ROM is mentioned? I was on 4.1 till last night. Then moved up to 4.8. Where did stock ROM come from?

I ask about the sequentiality because long ago there was an issue in updating (I think it was moving from 3.x to 4.x, but I could be wrong) where you had there was one version which was a swap over and which was needed before you go on to the latest versions.
The std method for flashing new roms is to go back to the shipped rom. Some people say stock rom but you should note they are not the same. In any case this the recommended. Apparently there are residual filed/settings that can be left over from previous flashes... When the chefs test their roms they do so from the shipped rom (presumably). That way they are always starting from the same base. Therefore this should be the logical starting point for anyone flashing to a new rom.

It sort of makes sense to me - but i usually dont do it UNLESS i get unpredictable behavior on my device.

Cheers,
Old 04-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

Don't know what to tell you Devileyezz. Everyone has been told to flash the shipped rom on this forum for months now. It seems like every couple weeks someone wants to know why this needs to be done and the response is usually like the Nike commercials.... Just do it!

If you do the shipped rom flash first, it would solve your tf problem. Best of luck.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Don't know what to tell you Devileyezz. Everyone has been told to flash the shipped rom on this forum for months now. It seems like every couple weeks someone wants to know why this needs to be done and the response is usually like the Nike commercials.... Just do it!

If you do the shipped rom flash first, it would solve your tf problem. Best of luck.
lol nike.
Alright, I'm gonna go by instincts and flash to revflash to 4.5 now and then try 4.8. If that don't work, where do I find the TELUS shipped ROMerski?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development