PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

does anyoens opera randomly close? mine usually does when i open it for the first time after connecting to wifi
Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
hey mike patience is not one of my virtues i need a fix so bad my balls are hurting can please give a clue as to when we can get that sweet release
thanx waiting as patiently as i can
Old 04-13-2009, 06:34 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
does anyoens opera randomly close? mine usually does when i open it for the first time after connecting to wifi
I've had it happen a few times, but not recently.
Mine seemed to occur when I had too many apps running at the same time.
Soft reset fixed it.
There was some website (can't remember which it was) that was crashing it- but again, it could have been from something else.
Right now, this setup is stable as a rock.

<Of course, none of this stops me from checking back here every free chance to see if there is a new MightyROM!>

Last edited by Trident; 04-13-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started

Has it ever happened that you leave your phone and when you go back to it, its hot because the battery was being used up by (possibly) some app. I say this because on 2 occasions, once i left the phone nothing running in the background and i couldn't figure it out. The battery drained. The next time i had my photo album on and the screen was off but it wasn't really on standby or sleep mode, does the phone not shut off if something is running in the background.

Can anyone clarify the diamond's way of running apps
I am running mighty 4.8
thanks
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

clolo is a n00b

Im using the latest Mighty Rom and I am also using Seven for push email and for some reason the notification sounds doesnt work? any suggestions?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I made a thread in the General section about Opera9.EXE killing battery life asking for advice. If you have any ideas post there.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I made a thread in the General section about Opera9.EXE killing battery life asking for advice. If you have any ideas post there.
have you tried opera real exit cab? Not sure if this helps but here it is thanks to Calcu:

edit: you wanted it posted there. will do so.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Calkulins Opera RealExit Enable.cab (1.0 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Riley; 04-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started

The thing is that album searcher.exe is my battery drain everytime its on my battery is worth maybe minutes versus hours, yes that bad!

Anyone know where this comes from?

Im using mighty this is why i want to know from here why it loads?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by clolo View Post
Im using the latest Mighty Rom and I am also using Seven for push email and for some reason the notification sounds doesnt work? any suggestions?
Go to "New email" notifications in the phone settings, and check the "Display notification on screen" box, apply and then test.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Has it ever happened that you leave your phone and when you go back to it, its hot because the battery was being used up by (possibly) some app. I say this because on 2 occasions, once i left the phone nothing running in the background and i couldn't figure it out. The battery drained. The next time i had my photo album on and the screen was off but it wasn't really on standby or sleep mode, does the phone not shut off if something is running in the background.

Can anyone clarify the diamond's way of running apps
I am running mighty 4.8
thanks
Happens to me sometimes. It's not a ROM specific problem, you just gotta set your application closing actions right. But somehow, sometimes an app remains running, and if it's a data app, then you're fuct. In your case, it just might be that data stays on persistently.

When this happens to me, I don't take any chances and soft-reset and everything is back to normal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development