PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
I like your drug warning analogy. But before I learned to flash the shipped rom, clear storage, then flash the custom rom (in that order - which works every time), I would see all sorts of "symptoms." All of which were solved by going through those steps. With the exception of compatibility issues, that's all Mighty Mike would need to say to slove most problems and cut the length of this thread in half. Even if it's not necessary every time you flash...what's the harm? Look how simple it could be:

FLASHING PROCEDURE:
1) Flash shipped ROM (location link)
2) Clear storage in settings
3) Flash new ROM
(note: steps 1 and 2 may not be needed, but you risk having problems)

I guess some people may actually like reading through hundreds of random problems trying to solve each one. But when most of these problems have the same solution, it just seems odd to me.
thanks, just trying to be a little funny. it's up to Mike if he wants to add your warning, but like I said the steps you are providing are not correct so look back at my last response to you. You dont need to clear storage right after flashing back to shipped.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
actually I agree that the same question is being answered too much, but if you are going to suggest it, at least get the steps and rom correct.

1. Flash the shipped rom of your carrier (not the stock)
2. Flash the custom rom of your choice Mighty 4.8
3. Clear Storage after customizations by going to Start>Settings>System tab>Clear Storage
4. optional flash the radio of your choice. can be done after flashing back to shipped or at the end.

Is there a way to flash the stock ROM without having it change the radio? Or is there a way to have the stock ROM put in the radio of your choice instead of the stock radio?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
Is there a way to flash the stock ROM without having it change the radio? Or is there a way to have the stock ROM put in the radio of your choice instead of the stock radio?
all you need to do after flashing the shipped rom is flash the radio of your choice. if you want to flash just the stock rom, that's your preference and it will not change the radio back to stock, but it really isnt bring the phone back to factory which is the point of flashing the shipped rom. Now that there is a new shipped rom as of yesterday, it has the sprint 1.11.00f already installed so it saves me the step of flashing the radio. But even if you do it's another 5 minutes flash. KingArther by the way, love the name man!!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

Just a quick check if anyone else has had this problem. I flashed Mighty Rom 4.16 on my TP last night, and today the power button doesnt work to turn the screen on or off. Only to power off the device. I have to remove the stylus to power on the screen, and wait for the timeout to turn it off. I'm just trying to figure out if this is Rom/Hardware conflict, or strictly a device issue.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b
Exclamation Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

hey mighty nfs underground wont work keep getting an error insufficiant memory read somewhere its cause of the rom why?thx in advance
Old 04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Carrier: Alltel

dyskinesia is becoming a great contributor

was there ever a resolution to the email tab in the TF3d screen.

Mine works but it takes 10-20 seconds to open. all other work fine.

got tired reading all the posts and searching the thread didn't seem to yield an answer quickly. I have 3 email accounts and no other issues. once it's open it runs great but it's just getting it open.

only other issue is I can't get opera to consistently rotate with the keyboard open seems to refresh on it's own sometimes back in portrait?
Old 04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mighty's 4.16 is the Touch Pro rm, this is the 4.8 DIAMOND rom forum, fyi.

EDIT: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704 View Post
Just a quick check if anyone else has had this problem. I flashed Mighty Rom 4.16 on my TP last night, and today the power button doesnt work to turn the screen on or off. Only to power off the device. I have to remove the stylus to power on the screen, and wait for the timeout to turn it off. I'm just trying to figure out if this is Rom/Hardware conflict, or strictly a device issue.

Last edited by auburnmk; 04-04-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor

Just an update - since removing the version 3 twowen taskbar and reinstalling the version 4 taskbar i usually have installed I can confirm my ringer is still ringing.. 2nd day now, the only other thing i noticed was that when i flashed 4.8 i used diamond tweaks to set no delay on ring but when i looked today it was set back to default, ring with delay.. ?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

This might be a completely noobish question, but HTC released an upgrade yesterday and I want to know if we should be downloading it. It does not say what it is other than that it provides "key enhancements"

Anyone have a clue as to what these are, or if it should be downloaded?
Here is the link if anyone wants to go check it out.
http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all
Old 04-04-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor

As far as i know those are the 'stock' roms provided by the phone providers, Sprint, Telus etc. so I would say NO, you don't need to flash it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development