View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
I like your drug warning analogy. But before I learned to flash the shipped rom, clear storage, then flash the custom rom (in that order - which works every time), I would see all sorts of "symptoms." All of which were solved by going through those steps. With the exception of compatibility issues, that's all Mighty Mike would need to say to slove most problems and cut the length of this thread in half. Even if it's not necessary every time you flash...what's the harm? Look how simple it could be:

FLASHING PROCEDURE:
1) Flash shipped ROM (location link)
2) Clear storage in settings
3) Flash new ROM
(note: steps 1 and 2 may not be needed, but you risk having problems)

I guess some people may actually like reading through hundreds of random problems trying to solve each one. But when most of these problems have the same solution, it just seems odd to me.
thanks, just trying to be a little funny. it's up to Mike if he wants to add your warning, but like I said the steps you are providing are not correct so look back at my last response to you. You dont need to clear storage right after flashing back to shipped.