View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 PM
robotphood
Regular 'Geeker

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
It's annoying that everytime you add an account it sends a text message to the UK.. so since i flash at least once a month, it costs me a few bucks to add in all my accounts. I stopped using it until they decide to get a normal US number to send a txt too....
Someone from this thread managed to bypass the international SMS charge (after initially setting up) by exporting the registry entries for seven.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59448&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
so wouldn't seven use MORE battery? I only have my email check on manual, when I ask for it. Is there any display different/interface difference? Like is one better
There's no difference in display. It uses pocket outlook. And seven would use more battery versus manually checking (unless you're doing it very frequently). Data doesn't turn off if you have seven active. I get up to double the battery life with data off depending on how much mail I'm getting with seven enabled. I think the Sprint app (made by seven) uses sms triggers which is lighter on the battery. Not sure though since I've never used it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.