PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tiger505 is keeping up the good workTiger505 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

For me it seems the 4.8 work great but...YouTube is not scrolling and acting a bit weird.
Am I the only one?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:01 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Mighty, Rom is running great! Just have a couple of questions. 1) I found it very difficult to use the nueGpsSecurity for the first time because there were no instructions. I was able to locate info on Nue's site and figured it out but others might want to be informed. 2) I know that the new notifications arent working but I was curious why you still have a link for the download, Is there something Im missing?. Thanks

Just a little info on NueGpsSecurity. There is not a user interface, it is just cooked right in. The default Pin code to get the GPS location of the phone is 0000. To get location just text your phone with the message: !nuegps<pin> getpos. Additional info can be found here.

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...SSecurity.aspx

One thing to keep in mind, if you wanna change the pin, you will need to locate the registry entry but when you get there you will find that there isnt a value. You will need to create a new DWORD value and put your 4 digit pin in.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
is everyone having problems with 4.8 or something? whats the deal?
only problem i have is the menu button does not work in the text messages tab for me. no biggie for me. apart from everything else works great.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
N00b

nigfink is a n00b

The only problem I'm having with 4.8 (and 4.7 did this too). Is with Arcsoft. It seems to hang "transporter.exe" when I receive a MMS. I can't get into my inbox or text messages until I kill it. Weird, probably just need an update on Arcsoft. Other people expereincing this?

I haven't had any hard reset problems like I did in 4.7, so that's a nice change!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
only problem i have is the menu button does not work in the text messages tab for me. no biggie for me. apart from everything else works great.
Works for me. You may want to hard reset again.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger505 View Post
For me it seems the 4.8 work great but...YouTube is not scrolling and acting a bit weird.
Am I the only one?
No troubles here. Hard reset again? Lol.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Works for me. You may want to hard reset again.
thanks. i figured maybe it was something i installed or maybe a hard reset was due (apart from the three i had done). but since its really not a biggie for me, i'll wait to flash again when an update comes around.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
thanks. i figured maybe it was something i installed or maybe a hard reset was due (apart from the three i had done). but since its really not a biggie for me, i'll wait to flash again when an update comes around.
I usually have a ritual for hard resets after a new rom update but funny thing is, this time, I didnt hard reset at all. Works Great! Wonky electronics. Lol
Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Mighty, Rom is running great! Just have a couple of questions. 1) I found it very difficult to use the nueGpsSecurity for the first time because there were no instructions. I was able to locate info on Nue's site and figured it out but others might want to be informed. 2) I know that the new notifications arent working but I was curious why you still have a link for the download, Is there something Im missing?. Thanks

Just a little info on NueGpsSecurity. There is not a user interface, it is just cooked right in. The default Pin code to get the GPS location of the phone is 0000. To get location just text your phone with the message: !nuegps<pin> getpos. Additional info can be found here.

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...SSecurity.aspx

One thing to keep in mind, if you wanna change the pin, you will need to locate the registry entry but when you get there you will find that there isnt a value. You will need to create a new DWORD value and put your 4 digit pin in.
I decided to re-install Smartphone Tracker, I like that I can text my phone via the web http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/compose and have the response with the phone's coordinates come to my email account with a clickable link to google maps.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
When you press the volume up/down buttons it would always default on the RING screen.

It now defaults to adjusting the system sounds.
I like this being defaulted to Ring screen, how can I keep this if I update?

PS: I just noticed that it says "mighty rom" on the internet globe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development