PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex288 View Post
I'm having the "no ringing" problem as well, I don't have any "My Ringtones" folder. I've always had the "no ringing" since early builds of 4.x (maybe like 4.2 or 4.3 or something?)

I always set my ringer to be "vibe then ring", not sure if this could be the reason why some people hit it and others don't. I could try putting it on regular "ring" and seeing if that helps.

Just thinking about what could make the ringer stop working, what about the "mute ringer" accelerometer gesture (ie turn your phone on its face while ringing)? Maybe the driver for that is falsely triggering mute, I wonder if there's a way to disable that gesture.

I dont think it's that as i disable it via diamond tweaks, i also set vibrate and ring
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: telus

rmartyr is a n00b
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Hey MM, I had 4.6 ... flashed to stock ... flashed 4.8 ... hard reset ...and have been having the ringer issue for a few days now. I also have the task bar mods installed (tsowentaskbar3v1.4_032209.cab) that were listed with your rom. I ended up uninstalling your task bar mod and installing (tsowentaskbar5v1.7.cab). I can't say if the My Ringtones folder existed or not because it would have been synced via active sync after the last hard reset. ringtones that i use are mp3's in the My Ringtones folder in My Documents (device). I still have the ring tone issue.

Hope this helps - thanks for the ROM!

Last edited by rmartyr; 04-02-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

eatbeme is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartyr View Post
Hey MM, I had 4.6 ... flashed to stock ... flashed 4.8 ... hard reset ...and have been having the ringer issue for a few days now. I also have the task bar mods installed (tsowentaskbar3v1.4_032209.cab) that were listed with your rom. I ended up uninstalling your task bar mod and installing (tsowentaskbar5v1.7.cab). I can't say if the My Ringtones folder existed or not because it would have been synced via active sync after the last hard reset. ringtones that i use are mp3's in the My Ringtones folder in My Documents (device). I still have the ring tone issue.

Hope this helps - thanks for the ROM!
I just had it happen to me too. I had uninstalled tsowen's taskbar mod. Like rmartyr, ringtones that i use are mp3's in the My Ringtones folder in My Documents (device). I'm set to Vibe and Ring.

When it happened I couldn't OK out of the Phone Dialer->Menu->Options dialog. Also, when I tried to play my selected ringtone (or any other ringtone for that matter) in this dialog, no sound would come out. A soft reset fixed it for the time being.

Hope this helps too!

Last edited by eatbeme; 04-02-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I flashed right from 4.7 and hard reseted directly after 4.8 flash. I also cleared internal storage after flash when I hard reseted. I have NOT had the no ringing issue as of yet. Flashed the night 4.8 came out. Actually flashed twice because of the active sync issue that Mike fixed in about 11 min..lol

The best ROM..period.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Mavosa is just getting started

I simply dropped my ringtones/notification mp3's into the windows folder and root and I've had absolutely no issues. You don't NEED a My ringtones Folder.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond (cdma)
Carrier: telus

toosweet4life is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_lieber View Post
I figured out why this is happening (lol, because it was happening to me too!)

Hit the volume toggle and select "vibrate". Both "System" and "Ring" now show vibrate. Exit this screen.

Hit the volume toggle again and move your finger up the slider to indicate loud volume. "System" now shows the set volume, but "Ring" has moved off of vibrate but shows 0 volume.

We set the volume on "System" because that's the default screen, but 4.8 seems to not move "Ring" volume accordingly.

Hope this helps us find a solution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Can you guys please confirm for the users who are having the issue.

Have you flashed back to stock rom then back to MightyROM?

Please report
Hey Mike,

Okay i'm goinig to try and sound like a geek here, so forgive me if i sound like a complete idiot lol...

Firstly for some reason, my follow-up post about how to solve the no-ringer issue seems to have been deleted from this thread? not sure why.

It basically re-iterates the solution posted above by the user md lieber. What you have to do is make sure that both volumes are set on vibrate fist. Thereafter, you have to FIRST set the SYSTEM volume up, and THEN follow that step with setting the RING volume up (you can't set the ringer volume up before the system volume, or else it causes the "no ringer" problem, and your phone will only vibrate, at most...)

Now the "geek part" to my theory behind this problem.....is there something in the registry that gives precedence to the SYSTEM volume over the RING volume? The reason i'm saying this is cause, if you don't activate the system volume first, then the ringer volume will not be activated, and the phone will not recognize the ringer volume being turned on UNLESS the system volume is turned up FIRST.

Ever since using the md lieber solution above, i've had absoultely no ringer issues anymore. So what i was thinking was, you should maybe try looking to see if there is something in the registry that makes the ringer volume only activated if the system volume is turned on first?

HOpefully i didn't do a dumb job, and hopefully it helps those who are still having this problem.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

In that case then all signs are pointing to the htcvolumecontrol.dll
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

los1223 is becoming a great contributor

I've been kind of a silent follower of your rom for a while and I just want to say, you nailed it on this one Mike. I really appreciate all you're doing so my phone can rock as hard as it does! Thanks man. Big ups to LilRico too.
And for the record, I don't have a "My Ringtones" folder in device memory, or internal storage. I have it set to vibrate and ring. Not experiencing any "no ringing" issues here. This rom has given no problems.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

I did the flash stock...flash 4.8... hard reset. I have not put any ringtones or changed my taskbar. I alway use the stock ring :"Old school ring 2". Just one day it stopped ringing. My wife's diamond has the MightyRom 4.5 and shes is loving it. She hasn't reported missed calls or anything.

Added one game...uno
Added MS Live Search
Added LilRico Yellow Theme

How many people has changed the theme that has the ringing issues? Just throwing something out there.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

xpocad is a n00b

I didnt change the theme.

question..

With my stock rom I had a tethering fix so i can tether for free

Is that fix already in this rom? if so are there any certain instructions i should go about using it? ie. starting opera, connecting usb, selecting tether on the screen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development