PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

I'm going to try removing a few things and playing with some settings to see if I can find a culprit.
Looking at the new S2U2 (last thing installed) and some of the custom taskbar icons (don't know how this could effect anything, but a few posts back someone mentioned that it worked for them).
--------------------
Okeedokee.
I can confirm that after removing S2U2 and soft resetting, I have ringtone back!
Gonna play around some more.

Last edited by Trident; 03-30-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Well, I guess karma has caught up to me.
I was secretly giggling at all the people who had this lack of ringtone- thinking that they must have screwed something up themselves because these last two releases of MR have been so perfect for me. My phone always rang.
Until today. I missed at least six calls today. When I realized it, I soft reset the phone. Same results. Soft reset again. Now it's ringing again. But the battery died so fast that when I just went to try it out, I noticed the phone was dead.
Plugged in to charger- reset.
Guess what?
No ringing.
Other sounds are fine. I can play all my alerts, custom and OEM, just no sound when I select Phone: Incoming Call.
That sounds like me. I better cross my fingers
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

anfjc06 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
i have personally only had a ringtone problem when i installed the task bar cab on the main page of this thread. it wouldnt ring just showed the caller id thats it first time that happened after the install of the task bar of course. right after i uninstalled that i have had no problem since.
I had the no ring problem before i added anything. Today i just installed the 2 additional cabs which included the task bar cab, but as i said before i already had the no ring problem.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

ht2791 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes. when you connect with your pc, the 3rd option is internet sharing which allows you to tether. regarding the ring issue, I haven't noticed this yet.
ah so they (sprint) won't be able to detect that we're tethering (and not paying for it) unless we are downloading huge amounts of data?

yeah this ghost ringing has been pretty weird. it's been working today after a soft reset and I'm not so sure if it's any other programs that have been causing the problem because i put mightrom 4.8 on it right after i got my phone. odd hope the culprit is found soon.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Until today. I missed at least six calls today. When I realized it, I soft reset the phone. Same results. Soft reset again. Now it's ringing again. But the battery died so fast that when I just went to try it out, I noticed the phone was dead.
Guess what?
No ringing.
Other sounds are fine. I can play all my alerts, custom and OEM, just no sound when I select Phone: Incoming Call.
I'm still on 4.7. I, too, have noticed a few missed calls over the past couple days. Truthfully, I have always been sorta plagued with this, but I think Sprint is to blame most of the time. But, the last couple of days I've missed more than the usual amount due to not hearing a ringer.

With respect to the battery life, have you noticed that the phone's screen is on more often than it should be? I'm seeing that a lot lately, and my battery life has been very poor because of it. I hit the power button to shut the screen and 2 seconds later, it's back on. I thought, at first, it had something to do with the motion I make when I put it into my front pocket because every time I checked, it was back on. But, that's definitely not the case.

Literally nothing installed on my phone except for 4.7, the two cabs on the first page, and c-asipro (sirius satellite program)

Pete
Old 03-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Jookie

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Well, I guess karma has caught up to me.
I was secretly giggling at all the people who had this lack of ringtone- thinking that they must have screwed something up themselves because these last two releases of MR have been so perfect for me. My phone always rang.
Guess what?
No ringing.

Hey everyone. Long time Mighty/Juicy user, first time poster. Like most people here, just like to say that this is the fastest, smoothest ROM I have ever installed! Thanks for fixing the freezing keyboard problem!

However, I too have had the same no ringer problem on incoming calls. Granted I have dropped this phone twice from four feet three months ago, I have never had this problem with previous releases. Hope this helps legitimize the problem.

Can't remember seeing it posted, but I have had some issues with youtube as well. I get random occurrences (few but happening anyways) where it would fail to load a youtube video. This has happened whether I am inside or outside. Again, never had this problem before in previous releases.

I have soft reset before to no avail and planning on doing a hard reset, followed by a reinstall if that doesn't work. I'll let you all know if that works out.

Thanks again for the great ROM Mighty. Without your ROMs, I would have thrown this phone at the wall a long time ago.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
I'm still on 4.7. I, too, have noticed a few missed calls over the past couple days. Truthfully, I have always been sorta plagued with this, but I think Sprint is to blame most of the time. But, the last couple of days I've missed more than the usual amount due to not hearing a ringer.

With respect to the battery life, have you noticed that the phone's screen is on more often than it should be? I'm seeing that a lot lately, and my battery life has been very poor because of it. I hit the power button to shut the screen and 2 seconds later, it's back on. I thought, at first, it had something to do with the motion I make when I put it into my front pocket because every time I checked, it was back on. But, that's definitely not the case.

Literally nothing installed on my phone except for 4.7, the two cabs on the first page, and c-asipro (sirius satellite program)

Pete
I have noticed that... but I thought (and still think) it has something to do with settings or 3rd party software rather than the ROM. Screen definitely on more than usual.
I'm going to go without S2U2 for a little while. I just got TouchLockPro and SensorLock to try out. (I need something to keep that screen locked when in my pocket or bouncing around the car.)
Old 03-30-2009, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond (cdma)
Carrier: telus

toosweet4life is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_lieber View Post
I figured out why this is happening (lol, because it was happening to me too!)

Hit the volume toggle and select "vibrate". Both "System" and "Ring" now show vibrate. Exit this screen.

Hit the volume toggle again and move your finger up the slider to indicate loud volume. "System" now shows the set volume, but "Ring" has moved off of vibrate but shows 0 volume.

We set the volume on "System" because that's the default screen, but 4.8 seems to not move "Ring" volume accordingly.

Hope this helps us find a solution!

Well, looks like the ring-tone issue is REALLY REALLY affecting a lot of people....

I just want to make sure that for those people who haven't seen the quote above from a few pages back, that it seems like this IS actually THE temporary solution which has frequently been working for me and allowed the ringtone to work everytime.

Just to reiterate the instructions, i'll give you EXACTLY the way that I do this (and remember, the ORDER IS IMPORTANT):

1. Set your phone on VIBRATE by first setting the SYSTEM volume on vibrate.

2. Now, set your RING volume on VIBRATE as well (most likely, it turns to vibrate when you do step 1, however I just press vibrate again for formality purposes lol)

3. I then make sure i TURN UP my SYSTEM volume to that of my choosing (DO NOT TURN UP RING VOLUME FIRST!!!). This seems to be the critical step here.

4. NOW, you may put the volume up on the RING volume wiith your finger to whatever setting you like.

And VOILA! thus far, this has been the solution that's worked for me everytime and a soft reset has not even been necessary.

It would be appreciated if people could report back and let me know if this solution works for everyone else too. THANKS!

(p.s-sorry for all the extatic font language, lol, i just figured i'd really get the instructions across by making it really clear cause i know how frustrating this problem is for everyone. Also, Just wanted to give thanks to md lieber for discovering this temporary fix!)
Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
can't even enable data, even tried flashing back to stock 2.0 then 1.0, nada, called Sprint, two hours later, they can't even get in the phone lol, none of the MSL codes they were trying would work so there sending me a replacement Diamond for free...................so now i wait maybe when it gets here i get to flash 4.9! woohoo
ok gime step by step what you did!!! i want a new DIAMOND LoL mine a bit scratched!!! lol GIME your PROBLEM XD
Old 03-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

just tying to bring up an old question of mine, does anyone know where i can fine a cab or zip for the old task manager in 4.6?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development