PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
whats the time frame looking like mighty mike?
check the tp Mighty thread, this will give you an idea of when it may drop over here in Diamond land. more than likely early to mid next week since it probably be released on Sunday for the tp. Speculation yes...but thats we do around here
Old 04-18-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemash View Post
Flash to appropriate stock rom here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

then re-flash mightyrom, I had same issue and this worked

Is that stock or shipped? Or does it make a difference?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
Is that stock or shipped? Or does it make a difference?
yes it does make a difference. flash the shipped rom.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

from what i see monday maybe the lastest they get it, juicy 7 is supposed to be on the diamond aswell soon. that def looks like a nice release from what ive been reading.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

tamago is just getting started

mighty, will the new rom include the rhodium ring tones? since the ring tones in \windows are rom protected, they can't be deleted. so i was wondering if u can cook the new ones while deleting the old diamond/touch pro rings in \windows

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505313
Old 04-18-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes it does make a difference. flash the shipped rom.
That's what I thought--why is everyone saying a stock rom such as in the post I quoted?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
That's what I thought--why is everyone saying a stock rom such as in the post I quoted?
I know, it's just the way they people are saying it really. Plus some people do flash the stock, so whatever floats the boat... the shipped rom will bring your phone back to factory settngs, it changes the rom and radio, the stock rom only changes the rom back but it is not the original. If you flash the stock you will notice it says your rom is being changed to "tobey something", so the shipped is normally the recommended one to flash first.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

I say stock too sometimes, but the shipped one is the correct one to flash. From my side I say stock, because I think I want to get it back to "stock" form, the way it was when I got it from the store, but you have to use the shipped ROM to do so. It gets confusing and it's our fault for doing so, but it's just a slip of the keyboard.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I'll give this a go, thanks!

Well, after getting this far in this thread and having read all of juicy's/jmz's thread (whatta waste) I musta missed a post where it provides a link to a thread that gives a listing of all the reg hacks/tweaks that are recommended. I'm replacing my vogue with a diamond next week. And from what I've read so far, MR is the way to go.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well, after getting this far in this thread and having read all of juicy's/jmz's thread (whatta waste) I musta missed a post where it provides a link to a thread that gives a listing of all the reg hacks/tweaks that are recommended. I'm replacing my vogue with a diamond next week. And from what I've read so far, MR is the way to go.
The ROM has most of the needed (recommended) tweaks. I use a few others on my own just for personal taste. I switch the 4 thick signal bars to 5 skinny, enable the ability to switch between 1X mode and EVDO, and I also disable my gsensor (never use it), and kill the Opera startup.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

Last edited by mulhiny; 04-18-2009 at 07:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development