PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntosdad View Post
I have a newbie question. Does installing this rom change the radio?
no it doesn't. just replaces the main rom.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sanju View Post
For those who are facing the Silent issue and unable to wait till Mighty next announcement for 4.9 or 5.0, here is one alternative to get rid of this ringer problem.

Copy your ring tone from \Windows\Rings to your PC
use any wma to wav converter (eg. http://www.4musics.com/wma-to-wav.exe) and convert it to .wav file (like -> Alert-Sonar.wma to Alert-Sonar1.wav)
Now copy this converted file to same folder in Diamond (\Windows\Rings)

Go to Settings\Sounds & Notifications then under the Notification change your Ring tone to converted ring tone.

While my phone got silent, I've not done a soft-reset and tried it to prove this exercise and I found when I'm selecting converted file in Ring Tone, my phone is ringing properly and if I'm going back to original ring tone file (.wma) it was not ringing during incoming call.

Trust it will help few users who have not google all the posts and repeating same issue again n again

s@n
Thanks for this!

Also, an on-line coversion tool exists, supporting .wma to .wav
http://media-convert.com/convert/index.php
Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

google winff fast and easy convertion program
Old 04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearoid View Post
I don't know all there is to know about forum protocol so I hope I offend no one with this.
I have enjoyed all the work TSOwen has done to give us much nicer taskbar icons. I loved 3.14 the best as it seemed to be the most professional looking and functional of them all, except a few of the key icons were not replaced like voice command, wifi, and the active syncing icon was not done the way it should have been. I found his more recent releases to be beautiful but not as useful and sometimes difficult to read or tell what is going on.

So, I am posting my own modified version of his 3.14 taskbar icons where I took some from his newer sets and merged them with this older fine set. This is the only thread I check and I didnt really want to start a new thread. I hope TSOwen is okay with me trying to improve upon his great work.

If anyone could take these and make them into a .cab file I would LOVE it....since I reflash often enough to HATE the idea of manually repalcing all these individual files.

Nevertheless, I am very pleased with the way this set looks now and thought I'd share this with anyone who might have had similar feelings about the taskbar icon options that are out there.
Patients young grasshopper this taskbar is being fixed with all matching icons. But not hijacking MightyMikes thread these things should be posted here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514

MightyMike one word with this last release Amazing! Just flashed to it today and wow!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started

Anyone know why im showing march 22 as my rom date if im using mighty 4.8 which was released march 25?

Under device information you will get this info.

I occassionaly every fast rom good battery but sometimes its just not stable i will run into all sorts of problems and lags, specifically when plugged into a charged, ill experience lock ups etc....
Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i believe that was the day he made the rom then a few days of testing and then the release just a guess

Last edited by madcook; 04-17-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: telus

rmartyr is a n00b

Does anybody know why when I navigate to http://mobile.aircanada.com using Opera I get a "Only WML enabled devices are authorized to use this application" message? When I use IE it works fine. I have visited this site using opera before ( I think before I flashed 4.8 - but I'm not positive). Also, when I click a link in an email IE opens up and not Opera - can I change that? BTW I have tried hard reset.

thanks
Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
i believe that was the day he made the rom then a few days of testing and then the release just a guess
I agree and it sounds right but mighty 4.7 came out on the 22nd and thats when i installed 4.7, is it possible to have 2 roms overlapping each other without overwriting, im experiencing too many lags as opposed to others?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartyr View Post
Does anybody know why when I navigate to http://mobile.aircanada.com using Opera I get a "Only WML enabled devices are authorized to use this application" message? When I use IE it works fine. I have visited this site using opera before ( I think before I flashed 4.8 - but I'm not positive). Also, when I click a link in an email IE opens up and not Opera - can I change that? BTW I have tried hard reset.

thanks
Many sites don't render well in Opera - I simply use IE for those to not cause any stress, heh. Yes, mobile aircanada included. I use the IE to check in, etc for that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Anyone know why im showing march 22 as my rom date if im using mighty 4.8 which was released march 25?
Actually, 4.8 was released twice...there was a bug in the initial 4.8 release and rather than do a hotfix or 4.8.1, Mike just re-released 4.8 a couple days later.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development