PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

For those that could not get ICR working, infectious02 has this solution working with Mighty's 4.8 and I've tested it as well.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54856

Hope this helps out!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
I asked this question days back. I was wondering if there is anyway to proove that our phones are safe from having emails, passwords hacked, etc. Like.. How do we know when we download a ROM that there aren't backgrounded system processes running that can catch our passwords? I'm truly paranoid, but i do have a lot of important emails from my business being opened up on this. Thanks

Randy

Yes it's possible. But the risk is very very low. I should add one more "very".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121184343416921215.html

Old 03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Yes it's possible. But the risk is very very low. I should add one more "very".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121184343416921215.html
I read that article and, i still have FUD about ROMS in general..not Mighty's because, obviously if they didn't seem safe, I wouldn't use them...

But, i'm worried about malicious rom cookers.. I just tried a couple different roms the other day..How do I know there isn't a back grounded program (keylogger) cooked in..I check task manager, etc too..but who knows.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

alexpatcas is keeping up the good workalexpatcas is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by az93civic View Post
if your on sprint... did u flash 2.0 or original 1.0 from ftp?

Edit here is shipped sprint 1.0: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...hipped_OLD.rar
Damn that sh** fuc*** my rom and now im back on sprint i was on metropcs, now the phone keeps connecting to sprint

Please help! please!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I asked this question days back. I was wondering if there is anyway to proove that our phones are safe from having emails, passwords hacked, etc. Like.. How do we know when we download a ROM that there aren't backgrounded system processes running that can catch our passwords? I'm truly paranoid, but i do have a lot of important emails from my business being opened up on this. Thanks

Randy
It's very difficult to tell whether the ROM you've downloaded has been comprimised with malware. Thats why I never go around "Trying Out" new ROM, and stick with the majority. ie... juicy or mightys.

With the amount of users out there of these ROM, if something fishy was going on it would get posted.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpatcas View Post
Damn that sh** fuc*** my rom and now im back on sprint i was on metropcs, now the phone keeps connecting to sprint

Please help! please!
I don't know how to help you. But my suggestion would be for you to do a search for "metropcs" in the diamond forum. There are threads related to flashing metropcs phones and you can ask in these threads for help since there are other metro users there. I bet someone will chime in and help you.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
It's very difficult to tell whether the ROM you've downloaded has been comprimised with malware. Thats why I never go around "Trying Out" new ROM, and stick with the majority. ie... juicy or mightys.

With the amount of users out there of these ROM, if something fishy was going on it would get posted.
Good explanation. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangmobb View Post
go to da COMM manager in settings and make sure DATA is ON, mine wud turn off on 4.8 sometimes..
can't even enable data, even tried flashing back to stock 2.0 then 1.0, nada, called Sprint, two hours later, they can't even get in the phone lol, none of the MSL codes they were trying would work so there sending me a replacement Diamond for free...................so now i wait maybe when it gets here i get to flash 4.9! woohoo

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I read that article and, i still have FUD about ROMS in general..not Mighty's because, obviously if they didn't seem safe, I wouldn't use them...

But, i'm worried about malicious rom cookers.. I just tried a couple different roms the other day..How do I know there isn't a back grounded program (keylogger) cooked in..I check task manager, etc too..but who knows.
Darn. If you had only typed in 14 more characters, we would have had your exact gps location via that backdoor!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think its finally time to flash 4.8, my phone has been freezing a lot lately.

mostly I will wake up to a black screen and the only way to fix that is is to pull the battery out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development