PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
sorry for my noob-ness but what does setting your data to 1x do? Any benefits such as faster data or better reception? how about any consequences?
This setting governs the device when it tries to access data from the cell towers.

Sprint and Verizon's 1X data network is the old, slow way of getting data into your phone. The newer, faster EV-DO data covers the big cities, and is being pushed more and more into the farthest corners of Sprint & Verizon's coverage map.

So, choosing 1X data slows you down. But it is reliable. And choosing the 'Hybrid Mode' means the device will choose faster data(EV-DO) and default back to 1X if need be.

No consequences to your phone calls: The phone will ring just the same under 1X or EV-DO mode.

Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
sorry for my noob-ness but what does setting your data to 1x do? Any benefits such as faster data or better reception? how about any consequences?
I force 1X to save battery life. See, even though you may be in an EVDO area you phone still uses 1X for phone calls and texting. EVDO is for data only. Every time you send a text you can see your phone switch from EVDO to 1X and back again. All this switching can shorten battery life. While at work I never use my phones internet, but I do fire off a lot of text messages. So forcing 1X is helpful in this case. Also, you may notice better reception (more bars) with 1X than EVDO. Generally I may have 2 bars with EVDO, but 3-4 with 1X. The better the signal, again, better battery life.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
I would think (and wager) that going to WM6.5 is worthy of a full number change from 4.x to 5.0. At least if I was configuration manager for the ROM, that's what I would do.

Or maybe there will be a 4.9 w/WM6.1 and a 5.0 w/WM6.5 released at the same time. Wouldn't that give everyone a nuclear wedgie!! LOL
this is what I think is going down. one last 6.1, 6.5 released simultaneously. pure speculation but what the heck!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mike, the animated sig is sweet!!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor

I tried changing my phone to just 1x, but I kept receiving duplicate texts. When my friend would send me a text, I would keep getting it 2-3 times again and again....it was really annoying, so I decided I can live with it changing from evdo to 1x and eating battery lol
Old 04-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
this is what I think is going down. one last 6.1, 6.5 released simultaneously. pure speculation but what the heck!
that would be awesome!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

Hmm not really liking the look of that new Mighty Rom 5 screenshots..

Also is there any registry hacks to increase EVDO speeds?? I thought there were but cant seem to find them..
Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
Hmm not really liking the look of that new Mighty Rom 5 screenshots..

Also is there any registry hacks to increase EVDO speeds?? I thought there were but cant seem to find them..
party pooper!! just kidding, but seriously I would love to know how to increase data speeds. never heard of this before.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

mprimeau is a n00b

Does anyone else have problems with settings being saved in 4.8?
Keyboard settings do not stay, nor do bookmarks in Opera (I did import the opera6.adr file from a backup)
If anyone knows how to save the custom words that would be great too...I've looked in other threads to no avail.
thanks!!

BTW Mighty, your ROMs are the BEST!!! Keep kicking ***! thanks for not forgetting us Diamond users.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Spearoid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbob View Post
so just an update. I went into the task manager and noticed that opera9.exe was starting up with my phone. I'm not exactly sure how to turn it off when it boots, but after closing it there my battery drain significantly slowed down. Its been about 4 hours now and I'm still at 90%. I closed opera9.exe and voicecmd.exe. I'll keep on monitoring the battery levels for another day or so to see if that was the problem. Is there any way to edit which programs start up (like msconfig.exe on a pc)?

Thanks for all the suggestions!
So...I am in the same boat....my battery is about dead after 6 hours. Surely there is an easy explanation. I too have opera9.exe running automatically. Do you with good battery life also have this running?

I flashed back to Sprint stock ROM and all that jazz.

Can someone give a breakdown of what NEEDS to be running automatically, what might be but doesn't need to be.....and how to disable them permanently if they aren't in the \windows\startup folder?

Is there some other reason for those of us who have short battery life?

I did a hard reset yesterday and have installed nothing "custom" other than Lil Rico's blue pack....so I don't quite understand how my battery life could be so staggeringly different than others with 4.8

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development