PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
Sounds like a good excuse to take more time off..............

i agree good thing i start my nice week paid vacation soon in like 4 days soon. so ill def see how my battery is then.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
also check to see if data and beam are always switched on. I have to turn both of mine off manually.

those are both off i just know my signal goes in and out at work it sucks. hmmmm will i still get calls in 1x?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes, it's in phone>menu>options>services tab>network service>get settings>no clue which one to pick but Mr Obvious will probably let us know soon enough. I wondered by the way what all these settings do, automatic A, B, Standard? no clue.
I'm running MightyROM 4.8, and to get your phone into 1X data mode, first change this registry:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting
"HiddenModeOperationPage" change 1 to 0
Now, as rileyd5 pointed out, navigate to:
phone>menu>options>services tab>Mode of Operation>Get Settings... and choose 1X only
Quote:
those are both off i just know my signal goes in and out at work it sucks. hmmmm will i still get calls in 1x?
Yes, you will absolutely get all your calls in 1X mode. No worries!

Hope that helps.

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 04-07-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thank you it works just fine that way. we shall see if that works better when im at work.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
yes, it's in phone>menu>options>services tab>network service>get settings>no clue which one to pick but Mr Obvious will probably let us know soon enough. I wondered by the way what all these settings do, automatic A, B, Standard? no clue.
The settings for Automatic A, B, Standard have to do with how the phone behaves when it can pick up multiple signals from different service providers. Being on Sprint, I always want Sprint service, obviously.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, the PRL(Primary Roamer List) tells the device which signals to lock to coming from the towers. In the absence of a PRL, a mobile can lock on to an 'A' provider (e.g. Verizon) or a 'B' provider (e.g. Sprint).

Hope that helps.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
also check to see if data and beam are always switched on. I have to turn both of mine off manually.
You turn off data? Doesn't that make the phone significantly less functional, or am I missing something here?

Beam I understand, though.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ehbob is a n00b

so just an update. I went into the task manager and noticed that opera9.exe was starting up with my phone. I'm not exactly sure how to turn it off when it boots, but after closing it there my battery drain significantly slowed down. Its been about 4 hours now and I'm still at 90%. I closed opera9.exe and voicecmd.exe. I'll keep on monitoring the battery levels for another day or so to see if that was the problem. Is there any way to edit which programs start up (like msconfig.exe on a pc)?

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
No, my guess is 4.9 will be the 3.9 of the 4.x series. Final, fast, stable, bad to the bone. entertaining any tag lines for this one Mike?
I would think (and wager) that going to WM6.5 is worthy of a full number change from 4.x to 5.0. At least if I was configuration manager for the ROM, that's what I would do.

Or maybe there will be a 4.9 w/WM6.1 and a 5.0 w/WM6.5 released at the same time. Wouldn't that give everyone a nuclear wedgie!! LOL
Old 04-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
I'm running MightyROM 4.8, and to get your phone into 1X data mode, first change this registry:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting
"HiddenModeOperationPage" change 1 to 0
Now, as rileyd5 pointed out, navigate to:
phone>menu>options>services tab>Mode of Operation>Get Settings... and choose 1X only

Yes, you will absolutely get all your calls in 1X mode. No worries!

Hope that helps.
sorry for my noob-ness but what does setting your data to 1x do? Any benefits such as faster data or better reception? how about any consequences?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work

1x is way slower data speeds compared to EVDO.
Current Radio: ___

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development